+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is my ex reacting this way?? Please help!

Why is my ex reacting this way?? Please help!

My ex broke up with me 2 weeks ago and I know she still loves me and miss me. Her facebook account is all about how sad she is and how she misses me. I hv been in no contact with her since after we broke up until recently her birthday I met her for awhile to have lunch. She seem fine. I then did not stay in contact with her for another 2 days and she started to write stuff like 'I'm so sad here and yet he can't see it' and I'm crying coz I feel so alone' in her facebook. I called her but she gave me attitude and don't wanna talk to me.I tried asking her out and she rejected. It hurts me. I thought she will be happy to hear my voice but yet I got this. Why is she so sad and misses me so much but yet when I talk to her and ask her out she sounded pissed and rejected me? I want her back so much... Please help. Thanks.

Leow

Hey, it sounds like to me that she is uncertain of what she wants. Perhaps she rejects you as she doesn't know whether she could go back to you but hates been lonely, with broadcasting such a thing on facebook my guess is that she likes the attention from others. Or it could be cos she doesn't want you to be alright about the break-up so she is trying to make you misrable by rejecting your offer and giving you the attitude. Since she's given you attitude and rejected your offer then the next time she puts something like that on facebook to make you feel bad, make it clear to her that you did ask but she refused, it could be mind games she is playing, you dont want to be calling to her tune whenever she writes such a thing.
    Did your relationship work most of the time?
    She dumped you remember, for now i suggest you give yourselves space apart.
    Last edited by Unknown2010; 20-04-10 at 10:17 PM.

Maybe this facebook "him" she is talking about isn't you.

I'm sure she is talking bout me. I have not replied to any of her sad post to make her said that ' I'm so sad here and yet he didn't even see it'. I'm pretty confident she is talking about me. When I stick to NC she starts to whine how lonely and sad and how much she loves me and stuff, and even say she has to let me go though she loves me coz she don't have the right to keep me with her anymore. Things like this makes me weak and wanted to ask her back but it will only backfire. I am afraid that if I keep NC too long she will forget bout the missing and love me feelings and move on. What should I really do? I tried to gain back her feelings when she is down like this but when I called her I will get negative vibes. I really don't know what I should do from here...

let her wallow in pity. don't give her the attention she wants.

I would say that most of the times we had quarrels and stuff..But this breakup naturally lets me know the reason for all the arguments. There are good times too of course.. I just want to know if there is still a chance to get her back as we broke up for a small reason. I know she is confused too, should I implement NC so she could reflect on herself? If yes how long should I stick to it?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    let her wallow in pity. don't give her the attention she wants.
    Then will she hates me for not giving her the attention? N move on from there? I have purchased 2 Ebooks 'the magic of making up' and 'get her back for good'. Both said NC is the best. But I don't see any progress here.. Only thing was she cried out her pitiness on facebook in hope I could see she is suffering. I did and called her to receive a cold and attitude conversation... Anyone can relate my problem??

She sounds like a Drama! Queen!!!
    Last edited by VincenzoG91; 21-04-10 at 01:27 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Maybe this facebook "him" she is talking about isn't you.
    My exact thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by nightwish View Post
    Then will she hates me for not giving her the attention? N move on from there? I have purchased 2 Ebooks 'the magic of making up' and 'get her back for good'. Both said NC is the best. But I don't see any progress here.. Only thing was she cried out her pitiness on facebook in hope I could see she is suffering. I did and called her to receive a cold and attitude conversation... Anyone can relate my problem??
    Who cares? Just stop worrying about it. "De-friend her" from your list of facebook friends.

YOU ALREADY BROKE UP!
    why are you even bothering always checking her facebook account???
    if you really are sure that you want to be away from her, then just cut all communication with her. that is the only way you can move on.
    she is not the only problem you know, its also you. you are now hurting by her ways, then stop sucking up to her.
    you have control, its up to you. or else keep hurting...
    just my opinion.

It's a way to help her rationalize everything. She dumped you, she didn't want to be in this but she is trying to play the victim and post all these sad posts to get attention and comfort. From you, from anyone. If that's what she wants to do, let her. It's counterproductive for her own growth and being if she is convincing herself she had no responsibility in this. Haunting her facebook statuses isn't helping you, it's causing you to read into her and keep you thinking about her. Remember, this is what she wanted. She is not facing the consequences if you are still chasing after her and giving her comfort. AS IF YOU OWE THIS TO HER? Doesn't that piss you off a bit?

It seems you read the books and you know NC is good but you don't seem to understand WHY it's good. I know you are dumped, it hurts, it makes you feel like a failure and now is the time to fight and fix and make everything right. So you are looking for any tactic to work in your favor. NC is not a tactic to get her back. It can have that effect to get her to reach back out to you in loneliness, but that is not the point. The point is to ween yourself off the dependency you have to her. To rediscover who you are, what makes you happy, and to become that happy person that you were before when you guys first got to know each other and fell into love. Even if things seemed okay at that lunch you took her to, it wasn't 100 percent. It wasn't completely normal: it was awkward because you guys aren't together but you are acting like you are. It's not the same falling back in love feeling. The relationship is broken, she wanted to leave and you are trying to lure her into a broken relationship again. A couple weeks is not a long time in the big picture, and it's hard for her to miss you if you are always checking in and are always there for her.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I have been putting NC into play and when I see her account I did not reply to any one of them btw. The last post she wrote was ' I want you, I need you, but I can't have you' makes me feel bad. I seriously doubt that she is referring to me now.. But comes to think of it I don't know any guys she has known and she is not the type of girl who love someone else so fast. I know her for a long time before being together. Part of me still think she is talking bout me. Should I just stick to NC? Anyway we broke up coz I lied to her bout a small issue. N it was a white lie anyway..

White lie or not, a lie is a lie. When you lie about something small even, a person begins to wonder what else you may have lied about. I loathe lying for that very reason. It is a deal breaker for me. Yes, stick to NC. The facebook status updates are cries for attention for anyone who will hear her sob story.

pah I wouldnt even bother with her! You probably haven't acted bothered about the breakup and now she is wondering why. NC is a good way of doing this to a girl. She'll think you didnt care that much, and then think she wasnt good enough even though she dumped you.

So, TO BOOST HER EGO, she'll try to get you to call her proclaim your undying love for her and tell her how perfect she is. Then she'll be like, "oh wonderful thanks for that you made me feel much better about MYSELF" and then you will never hear from her again. If you really want her back keep NC and wait till she crawls back. Or if you cba with her anymore do the same and not bother doing anything. Women are funny creatures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast