+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space? What Should I Do?

Space? What Should I Do?

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to help me with this. Let me explain the situation to you:

Have been dating this girl for 6 months now. We have an amazing connection, same likes and dislikes, the sex and conversation is amazing, and we've spent almost all of the 6 months together with each other. There have been very few arguments, maybe 3 maximum the whole time we have been together and they have been very quickly resolved and forgotten about. Here is where the trouble starts.

Recently she went away for the weekend with a bunch of her girlfriends. The day she left we were crazy about each other, and were both sad to be spending the weekend apart. She had an amazing time while she was away, had lots of fun hanging out with the girls which was very important to me as I felt she had been distant with them since i came into her life. We had been texting each other all weekend, and she seemed just as happy about me as ever.

She came home from the trip and everything has went downhill now. We fought the day after she got home because she had tried to hide that she was talking to a guy she met on her trip. Her speaking to other men doesn't bother me in the slightest, she is a gorgeous friendly girl and always has guys chasing after her. The aspect that bother me was that she tried to hide it from me, thinking it would upset me if she told me.

She recently said that she was heading home for a few days to clear her head and evaluate if she wanted this relationship. I completely supported her decision, but wonder if I am being a fool to sit here and feel miserable while she figures this stuff out. I always thought if you can't deal with issues together, perhaps its not meant to be, but I'm not sure anymore. I care for this girl a great deal, and we treat each other so amazingly otherwise that I don't want to just give this up trying to protect myself. What should I do while she is gone? Attempt to talk to her, beg her to come back, ignore her, tell her how much I love her? I'm really lost, and could use all the help any of you can offer. Thanks so much

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what do you feel like doing? you still want to be together, right?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I really want us to be together, it just seems so hard right now because she can't give me any clue as to what she is feeling. I just don't know what to do.

Give her the space she now expects from you, but also give yourself some space from her. Go away for a weekend trip with some mates and have a good time.

There's no use sooking over the situation.

What will be, will be.

As much as I have tried to get this off my mind, it just keeps coming back to me in waves of sadness. Today has been particularly bad as it is my birthday and she hasn't spoken to me at all. Is it possible for someone to care about you while at the same time doing something they know hurts you deeply?

People who truly care about you, aim never to hurt you.

She didn't even care to wish you a happy birthday.

Why are you waiting around for her, when she obviously doesn't give a shit?

The day is not over yet to be fair to her, but still the fact that she still hasn't spoken to me regardless of taking space makes me quite frustrated. What would you recommend I do if she hasn't even spoke to me by tomorrow?

If that happens, give her space. Permanently.

Jettison her arse off to outer space if she doesn't at least text message a birthday wish by 12 am.

Strangely, once I started talking to all of you about this I received a text message from her: "Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day" I'm not sure whether I should respond to her or just ignore it? There seem to be so many hidden rules to this taking space thing that I never know how to conduct myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LabtecJunkie View Post
    The day is not over yet to be fair to her, but still the fact that she still hasn't spoken to me regardless of taking space makes me quite frustrated. What would you recommend I do if she hasn't even spoke to me by tomorrow?
    Give her space and PERMANENT.

Pull yourself together, get your life back on track and quit waiting around for someone who has decided that you are cramping her style.

Why put your life on hold and for someone who wanted the space to go and live hers?

Strangely, once I started talking to all of you about this I received a text message from her: "Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day" I'm not sure whether I should respond to her or just ignore it? There seem to be so many hidden rules to this taking space thing that I never know how to conduct myself.
    Well she's gotta throw out the 'breadcrumbs' I guess. Keeps you hanging on in there.

Ignore it. And if she texts back, say 'Sorry for not replying sooner, I was out on a date with my new female friend'....

Her texting me really made me happy temporarily, but I still feel a huge pit in my stomach. Does anyone have advice now that she has texted me?

Well, in my opinion, TEXTING a happy birthday is pretty damn insulting. She couldn't even call you?

I'm still in the "give her permanent space" camp. She clearly isn't showing any sort of respect for you.

Her texting me really made me happy temporarily, but I still feel a huge pit in my stomach. Does anyone have advice now that she has texted me?
    If your phone has video, record a short clip of your happy face painted butt cheeks pronouncing "Thank You for the Happy Birthday" and send it to her?

I dunno... do nothing. She needed space.. keep giving it to her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast