+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Space? What Should I Do?

I'm really trying to just give her the space, but it is so tempting to just call her and say "make up your damn mind". I don't know what I can do to be strong in this situation, I feel like I am losing myself and just sitting here agonizing over everything

Quote Originally Posted by LabtecJunkie View Post
    I'm really trying to just give her the space, but it is so tempting to just call her and say "make up your damn mind". I don't know what I can do to be strong in this situation, I feel like I am losing myself and just sitting here agonizing over everything
    Grab a mate, knock back a few whiskeys, and hit a stripclub.

It's your birthday, afterall.

See how you feel about everything after a lap dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Grab a mate, knock back a few whiskeys, and hit a stripclub.

It's your birthday, afterall.

See how you feel about everything after a lap dance.
    Hah! I wish I had the desire to go somewhere, I'm sure once I leave this room I might feel better, just can't seem to find the will to do it.

Then alter the order a bit.

Knock back a few whiskeys, call your mate, knock back a few more whiskeys, go to the club, get the lapdance.

Lapdances cure everything. Plus, if you can get a photo of it and your gf decides to part ways in a nasty way... you can always send her the photo with "It was a very happy birthday indeed".

Either or, a win/win situation.

I really appreciate all the kind words Doc Durian, and while I doubt I can muster the strength to follow through with your advice, having someone to talk to has really helped. I guess I am just going to try and sleep on it and hope tomorrow is a better day.

Alright... last option.

Slap a Nicotine patch on.. and go to the Lapdance of your dreams. (nicotine patch: vivid dream sequences)

You must have lapdance.

Happy Birthday, at any rate.

I usually equate "I need space" with "Get the **** away from me- you're working my last nerve."

You never know. Things could still work out but it looks pretty bleak from over here.
    Spammer Spanker

Well, she came home, and sadly we decided to break up. No big fight, nothing negative to say about each other. We both care about each other very much, she just said she has spent so much time bouncing between relationships that she hasn't found herself yet. I'm not sure I fully understand what this means, but I am wondering what I should do. Do I attempt to win her back in a few months or is this something I should just leave alone?

lapdance, mate.... L-A-P-D-A-N-C-E

(You know you want it to happen.)

Haha, I actually took your advice and went out with a bunch of friends for a belated birthday night, your advice was perfect Durian The problem remains though, the girl is amazing but I just think she is confused with what she wants. Does anyone have experience with something like this? I would love to have another chance with her when she feels she is ready. Is that a good idea?

^^ You said she's bouncing from relationship to relationship, still doesn't know what she wants?

Am I correct in assuming that while you are sat waiting around for her to make up her mind, she is actually dating other guys?

Are you for real or just stupid?

He didn't sit around... the girl lapdancing did the sitting/squatting/grinding....

She's not confused about what she wants. She is just not ready to limit her options by dating one person. This is what the whole "finding myself" spiel means.

Just let her know that you'll be there for her if she ever wants to give it a go again and then back off for real. It's really all you can do. Then go enjoy life and find a new amazing girl.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

What Starbuck said... except, consider not putting in the "ever" in the "be there for her to resume" theme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12