+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texting woes

Texting woes

Hi all.

First of all thanks for any of you that read and reply to this post it is much appreciated.

I have been with my boyfriend for almost two months. When we are together he is great. He does however check his mobile phone at regular intervals - even during a recent family meal (he invited me to his brothers engagement meal where I got to meet his family for the first time). Do you think I am being silly worrying about this?

He also had a mark on his neck at the meal - it could have been a scratch or a spot he had itched. It wasn’t there when I saw him two days prior and he’d gone out the night before clubbing with his friends - he did however text me twice during this evening.

He has always said he would never cheat, I just wonder if I am being paranoid or are the signs there that he has someone else on his mind?

He also said to it is wrong to look at someone else’s phone. - I’ve never done it and never would and thought it odd he say this - but then in the past a ex girlfriend used to do it to him and when he did it to her he discovered she was cheating.

I need all your good advice.

Thanks
    Jakki

have been with my boyfriend for almost two months. When we are together he is great. He does however check his mobile phone at regular intervals - even during a recent family meal (he invited me to his brothers engagement meal where I got to meet his family for the first time). Do you think I am being silly worrying about this?
    It may just be a habit. Not a very good one in my opinion, but a habit nonetheless. Me personally, whenever I'm out with a girl I turn my phone off or at least silent. I HATED when my ex would leave it on and take every call. Pissed me off
    He also had a mark on his neck at the meal - it could have been a scratch or a spot he had itched. It wasn’t there when I saw him two days prior and he’d gone out the night before clubbing with his friends - he did however text me twice during this evening.
    Maybe it was, and maybe it wasn't. Don't confront him about it, but you may want to just look at this as a warning sign and pay closer attention to him. Next time he wants to go clubbing, ask him where and when he asks why say, "Maybe I'll meet you there and we'll chill out and dance for a while." Whether you do or don't, at least it'll be on his mind.
    He also said to it is wrong to look at someone else’s phone. - I’ve never done it and never would and thought it odd he say this - but then in the past a ex girlfriend used to do it to him and when he did it to her he discovered she was cheating.
    I agree with this. I don't check someone elses phone and they don't touch mine. It's kinda the same lines as checking someone elses emails or whatnot.

Rod Steele

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    It may just be a habit. Not a very good one in my opinion, but a habit nonetheless. Me personally, whenever I'm out with a girl I turn my phone off or at least silent. I HATED when my ex would leave it on and take every call. Pissed me offMaybe it was, and maybe it wasn't. Don't confront him about it, but you may want to just look at this as a warning sign and pay closer attention to him. Next time he wants to go clubbing, ask him where and when he asks why say, "Maybe I'll meet you there and we'll chill out and dance for a while." Whether you do or don't, at least it'll be on his mind.I agree with this. I don't check someone elses phone and they don't touch mine. It's kinda the same lines as checking someone elses emails or whatnot.

Rod Steele
    So do u think it could have been a lovebite?

Quote Originally Posted by jakki2903
    So do u think it could have been a lovebite?
    I wouldn't rule it out. But I wouldn't say, "Yes. It definitely was." It may just have been a bugbite. But don't go psycho jealous on this guy unless you are VERY positive and it seems like his neck has been attracting WAY too many mosquitos . . .

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    I wouldn't rule it out. But I wouldn't say, "Yes. It definitely was." It may just have been a bugbite. But don't go psycho jealous on this guy unless you are VERY positive and it seems like his neck has been attracting WAY too many mosquitos . . .
    Well I noticed it and I was working that night and he went to a different club. He texted me telling me he loved me during the night and it was only a slight mark - surely if he'd cheated he would have not got a obvious mark? Besides he seems the last person on this earth to cheat and it's happened to him in the past and he would know how it feels. I don't know what to do? I can't stand the thought of him having cheated on me.

whats your gut feeling telling you? have you come out and asked him what went on?

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    whats your gut feeling telling you? have you come out and asked him what went on?
    No I haven't asked, my gut feeling though is he wouldn't do that to me...dunno, do u think I should ask him??

i would have! hey babe whats that on your neck? ya know what i mean?

i would have! hey babe whats that on your neck? ya know what i mean?
    It's prob a bit late now, I dunno what to do!

its too late cuz the mark isnt there? yeah maybe you are right u can still ask what went on!

its too late cuz the mark isnt there? yeah maybe you are right u can still ask what went on!
    I don't wanna lose him though by asking him, what could I say?

Quote Originally Posted by jakki2903
    I don't wanna lose him though by asking him, what could I say?
    OMG - would you rather stay with him and have this eat away at your mind forever ? Or would you rather put things to rest ?

The worst that can happen by you asking is he is admit he was cheating. Or he will deny it if he did. Or he will tell you honestly he didnt cheat. There is no way of truely finding out the truth.

But i tell you this - if you are second guessing whether he cheated or not - then YOU'RE not comfortable with the relationship and you lack TRUST. Trust is the foundation for a relationship to work.

Either trust him, or leave him. But if you choose to trust him, dont doubt him. And if he is a cheater, dont let that spoil it. Just get rid of him because you deserve better than that.

All cheaters shall die !!! It is my curse upon cheaters, strippers, prostitutes, players, and haters. hehe - in time, oh yes.. in time they will ALL die !! muahahaha !!!!

So should I bite the bullet and ask him?

yes bite the bullet please! oh and make eye contact!

you already know the answer. it lies within yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast