+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderators...

Moderators...

How would one become a mod ? I want to be a mod ! Am I worthy of being a Mod ? Can I be a mod ?

LMAO !

Sry - just thought I'd sound annoying for a bit.. Ok i'm done.

but seriously.. How would one go about becomming a mod ? Are there a set of guidlines one must meet ? Certain number of posts and/or online time ?

I just got to thinking about it because i am like always here it seems and if I was a mod i could police the people while other mods arent here. idk - just an idea.

The Administrator has to assign you to be a mod. It doesn't happen with any number of posts. If you want to be a mod you normally need to talk to the admin

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Uh, I think its a little more involved than just going to the administration.

First of all, Billy online time and number of posts dont count anymore. At one point it might have, it was considered the activity level you had in the forum. However, we have so many people and so many new people, that post up the butt, doesnt mean theyre a shoo in for a mod. I can say at this point, from my understanding, administration is leaving the number of amount of mods we have now. And most of the time, there is usually a mod around at one point to take care of whatever is needed.

I believe the administration takes into consideration alot of things, which I cant go into detail in how someone becomes a mod...would ruin the mystery of it. But gaurantee, number of posts is NOT one of them at this point. Nor online time.

Hope that helps ya some.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Is there a list to see how many and who are the mods? I know who some of them are because they've mentioned it in posts, but otherwise is there a listing of who are the mods?

Freddie

just asking to be a mod pretty much makes you less likely to become one. trust me, i've tried that on other forums too. and weren't you the one that says you're hardly online and you're only online during work. kinda contradictory there don't cha think? and ya i know cuz you post lots of random thoughts that should have a category all its own... "Billy's Thoughts". if you're really wanting to admin, just start your own forum. not that hard. get vBulletin and you'll be on your way.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Quote Originally Posted by PandaCivic
    just asking to be a mod pretty much makes you less likely to become one. trust me, i've tried that on other forums too. and weren't you the one that says you're hardly online and you're only online during work. kinda contradictory there don't cha think? and ya i know cuz you post lots of random thoughts that should have a category all its own... "Billy's Thoughts". if you're really wanting to admin, just start your own forum. not that hard. get vBulletin and you'll be on your way.
    haha - i have run my own forums in the past. and i really dont want to run one... i just thought since i am online so much i could possibly help out. like i said - it was just a thought that went flowing thru my head.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's a popularity contest. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Being a mod sucks. I would hate powers like that. Even on online games. I would hate to be a GM. In some cases not all it changes peoples attitudes towards others >.> Bah.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Illusional, Killerbabe, Squirrley, Innova, Jane, Zekk_T_Strife

Feels like I'm forgetting someone but those are the mods I can remember off the top of my head.

It isn't really such a power trip that it changes our attitudes or anything, we just keep the forum running smooth and rush out the assholes that occasionally come by to start trouble.
    Heit ist mein taug.

From the list I found on the forum. These are the moderators.
    joseph, Zekk_T_Strife, squirrley, jane, Illusional, Innova, Killerbabe

Although I don't remember seeing any Joseph around here? *ponders*

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    zekk... jane

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

You ALL forgot "loveadmin". DUH!

You ALL forgot "loveadmin". DUH!
    Thats an Administrator, not a moderator. lol. Were talking about Mod's here.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Thanks.

Jane I remember was very active when I first got here, but haven't seen her around a lot lately. Is this common? Is she on and off or is she noticeably missing?

Freddie

Jane has changed jobs, she's very very very busy! But pops in when she can!

We all do our best when we can and have the time! It is common for people "take breaks"...goodness Ive had do it.

But Id say overall, theres a great team we have now!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast