+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bad Teeth

Bad Teeth

Hi:

I've just met a man whom I'm very attracted to and he seems to feel some chemistry. We're proceeding slowly and establishing a friendship. He talks a lot about love and relationships, etc. When we parted, we kissed and hugged in a "friendly" manner.

As you can guess from the title, he has terrible looking teeth. The upper plate are false and one is missing in the back. He has the money to get good ones, but how do I broach this topic "as a friend" without alienating him. As if this wasn't bad enough, he gets white foamy "spittle" in the corners of his mouth while talking. I don't know if this is a result of the false teeth or dry mouth, but it's very repulsive.

As our relationship progresses, the issue of kissing is going to come up. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

hehe its liek austin powers...good luck darling
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

ick!

oh god...this sucks...uhm...seems you can't do anything but tell him about it....unless you force him down and brush his teeth or something.

Does he have bad breath accompanying these bad teeth?

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

As someone who has been in similar circumstances, I understand your concern about discussing the subject gently. If his top teeth are false, what would you have him change about them? Unless they aren't being cleaned, I can't see how there would be a problem.

When you decide to speak with him about it, you might want to consider bringing up the topic and directing it towards yourself instead of at him. One way of doing that would be to ask him for his opinion on something dental-related, of which he likely has experience if he has false teeth. For example, "I've been thinking about trying a package of Crest Whitening Strips to see if they're actually effective, do you know anyone who has used them?"

From there you may be able to start a small discussion on the subject, which should present you with the opportunity to ask him about his teeth with the least amount of discomfort.

Thanks so much for your response. That's an excellent idea and very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    As someone who has been in similar circumstances, I understand your concern about discussing the subject gently. If his top teeth are false, what would you have him change about them? Unless they aren't being cleaned, I can't see how there would be a problem.

When you decide to speak with him about it, you might want to consider bringing up the topic and directing it towards yourself instead of at him. One way of doing that would be to ask him for his opinion on something dental-related, of which he likely has experience if he has false teeth. For example, "I've been thinking about trying a package of Crest Whitening Strips to see if they're actually effective, do you know anyone who has used them?"

From there you may be able to start a small discussion on the subject, which should present you with the opportunity to ask him about his teeth with the least amount of discomfort.

For a man to not be aware of such problems on his face is seriously messed up.

Like, if you can't control some things then it's understandable.

Unless his foaming at the mouth is of a medical condition.

Really difficult to give advice. All of my ex-boyfriends always too care of themselves, their appearance etc...Sorry

That sucks girly! I work in the dental field, and damn thats the VERY first thing I notice on guys, good teeth are a MUST for me.

I dont know what to tell you in gettn him to get a new set, but ewww honestly, thats a tough call, unless youve been together for a loong time, now isnt the time to really say anything. Thats a huge ego blow to him. But then he'll wonder why you wont kiss him, maybe he'll bring it up for you!

Goodluck!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

bad teeth are one of my pet peeves. call me shallow, but i could NEVER date a guy with bad teeth. i don't have any advice for you, sorry!