+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Does My Husband Have To Sleep With Light On?

Why Does My Husband Have To Sleep With Light On?

After 10 yrs. Of Marriage My 49 yr. Old Husband Will Not Tell Me Why He Must Sleep And Make Love With The Light On. If Its Bed Time And He Falls A Sleep And I Shut Light Off, He Wakes Up And Turns It Back On. Why Is This Happening?
    http://www.isisandosiris.com

Is he afraid of the dark? It's weird for a 49yo man to be afraid of the dark, but I guess it's possible..

Could be afraid of the dark, something that stems from his childhood perhaps.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why Did You Capitalize Every Single Word In Your Sentence? It's So Distracting.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

has he always done it?

in my experience people who cannot sleep without the light on were sexually abused at night at some point in time.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Well my gf is 22 and she was never sexually abused as a child yet she is scared of the dark...of course she is pretty much scared of everything....she comes off as a hardass but totally isn't.

It could just be something he became used to. Did he live in the city? I grew up in the country and got used to perfect darkness. When I moved to the city I couldn't sleep because of the lights...I had to put a blanket over my window to block out the light. Now that I am back in the country again I still keep the blanket up there just to keep out the moonlight. I've gotten better...I mean I can sleep with my gfs light on (she keeps the kitchen light on all night and it'll shine into the bedroom some)....but I'd rather have perfect darkness.

My mom can't sleep without her fan on, even int he winter time....she says the sound it makes puts her to sleep and without it she can't sleep....similar situation with my gfs snoring...if I sleep with her every night for an extended period of time and then one night dont...its just all of a sudden to quite.

Everybody just has these little things they become accustomed to...that could be all it is...not necessarily sexual abuse.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

she's 22 and afraid of the dark?

okay.

anyway i said that was just my experience. just one explaination.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think I could ever be romantically interested in a man who was afraid of the dark.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    i don't think I could ever be romantically interested in a man who was afraid of the dark.
    Me neither :-P

Quote Originally Posted by oliviareeves View Post
    After 10 yrs. Of Marriage My 49 yr. Old Husband Will Not Tell Me Why He Must Sleep And Make Love With The Light On. If Its Bed Time And He Falls A Sleep And I Shut Light Off, He Wakes Up And Turns It Back On. Why Is This Happening?
    maybe he's afraid that ....

1. you will french kiss him ? or
    2. your ex will call/you will call your ex ? or
    3. you cannot see his face when he tells you he loves you ?

???

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well I'm afraid of heights...I mean I'll get up on something if I have to but I'd really rather not if I don't have to...guys are aloud to be afraid of stuff to...I mean sure the dark is kinda infantile but still I'm sure the fear is founded in something that really bothers him.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Well I'm afraid of heights...I mean I'll get up on something if I have to but I'd really rather not if I don't have to...guys are aloud to be afraid of stuff to...I mean sure the dark is kinda infantile but still I'm sure the fear is founded in something that really bothers him.
    I know. I still don't care. A man who was afraid of the dark still wouldn't be attractive to me.

The fact that he won't tell her is weird.
    Spammer Spanker

You should try killing the power at the breaker box in the middle of the night and making him face his fear and see if that is what it is.

Like I said maybe it isn't a fear and its just something he has just become accustomed to.

But the best way to get over a fear truly is to get comfortable in that situation. I had my leg chewed on by a bear a few years back and it took me quite a while before I could bring myself to go back in there and even then I was really nervous. Now I'm comfortable again but I had to go in there or I would always be afraid.

Like I said I don't like heights...I climb on stuff though. I just really don't enjoy myself at the top of a ladder or on a roof.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by oliviareeves View Post
    I Feel For You, I Really Do. Maybe You Should Ask Him Once More Why He Does It. But Since You've Been Married For 10 Years, I Wonder - Do You Really Dare To Ask - Again? If Not Then You Could Go To Dr.Phil.Com And Ask Dr.Phil About This Huge Dilemma You're Having. Btw, Did You Ask Him If He Has Ever Swollowed A Demon? Because That Might Be It.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast