+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice..

I need some advice..

OK Guys.. tell me three things .. HONESTLY.. that you look for in a woman.. what are the three things you cant live without? What is the ONE DEAL BREAKER? . .thanks .. im curious..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Physical things or personality things?

Generally speaking she should be nice-looking, otherwise I'll be forever checking out other women. She should have a sense of humor similar to my own, or we won't enjoy each other's company. She should share my basic values or we'll be constantly at each other's throats. Pretty much everything else is negotiable. The deal breaker is dishonesty. Any breach of trust is very difficult to overcome.
    Last edited by Karmartia; 27-04-10 at 03:29 AM.

She has to be different...by that I mean she has to be her own person and not care what is popular or cool at the time....I want a woman who finds the bizarre and new things in the world interesting.

She has to be outgoing...I'm not so I need that balance.

She has to be able to make an ass of herself. I want a woman who will do the dumbest shit with me and not care what other people think as long as we are having fun. For example, last week we went bar hopping on roller skates...we both fell down multiple times by the end of the night but it was so much fun and she got an invite to play roller derby from a girl at one of the bars outta it.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

beautiful
    sexy = fit
    educated

i cant live without her cooking for me
    i cant live without her cleaning the house
    i cant live withouer her being uneducated

deal breaker = being stupid and have no dream/success in life

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ You fool just gave 6 items that you won't go without.

--Intelligence. I can't be around someone whose only idea of conversation is who got booted off American Idol last night.
    --Adventurous. I'm always trying new things (kayaking one week, maybe a blues festival the next, then maybe trying a new style of cooking). She's gotta be able to keep up.
    --Curiosity. I'm the guy who goes to the beach with friends and spends the whole time trying to estimate the AASHTO classification of the sand (*curses his former Geotech professor*), Or I set out to replace the blades on my lawnmower, and wind up disassembling the whole thing so I can understand how the engine works. An almost childlike curiosity is something I absolutely ADORE.

#1 deal breaker is explosive anger. I've been on the receiving end of explosive anger turned physical, and I'll never subject myself to that again. I watched a girl on our second date earlier this year make a waitress at my favorite dessert place CRY because she tripped and spilled drinks on us. It didn't matter that she *tried* to put out when I dumped her off at her house, or called 10 times in the following days to apologize. We were done the instant she blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    i was rushing. its hard to work and help this forum .lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    one would think when someone is rushing they'd type less not more. either way given the response if any guy I was interested listed cooking/ cleaning as a deal breaker I'd break the deal that wasn't even a deal yet. you're the poster boy for the type of guy I'd avoid.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And all but one of them was stupid.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

one would think when someone is rushing they'd type less not more. either way given the response if any guy I was interested listed cooking/ cleaning as a deal breaker I'd break the deal that wasn't even a deal yet. you're the poster boy for the type of guy I'd avoid.
    Why?

Most modern gals I've known couldn't cook or load a dishwasher to save their lives. Rice cooking has been a mystery to some of them.

Sometimes, I'd like them to knock up a meal or wash the dishes.

Why can't he include that same sentiment in his deal breaker list?

My gf is an awesome cook and loves to which I have to admit I find amazing but at the same time I don't want her to feel like she has to because she is a woman. Ya know what I mean? I mean she even seems to get a little upset when I try to clean the kitchen after dinner.

I just want her to feel like I want to take care of her to but its hard because it seems to bother her when she isn't cooking and cleaning for me.

Its not that I'm a bad cook either....she just loves to do it.

I've kinda given up and just try to do other things when I can. She doesn't seem to have a problem with me doing other things around the house in terms of cleaning and fixing things so I guess we each just have our specialties.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I wouldn't want to date or marry a woman who is trying to work within my "deal breaker" limits. That sounds really conniving. Like, "So...if I don't cook or clean, is that okay???" Translation: " If I just live with you and you do the rest...let's just be friends and have sex and not place too many demands on each other....will that be enough to make you happy?"

Gosh, it is so nice to get back on LF. I can still serve the ball and hit volleys!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Why?

Most modern gals I've known couldn't cook or load a dishwasher to save their lives. Rice cooking has been a mystery to some of them.

Sometimes, I'd like them to knock up a meal or wash the dishes.

Why can't he include that same sentiment in his deal breaker list?
    I think that when men started expecting women to work outside the home to supplement their income, they gave up the right to expect women to routinely (and solely) perform these tasks.

It's not a matter that a woman shouldn't be willing and able to do these things. I certainly do them. Men should be able to do those things, too.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I comepletly agree with VASH. Don't expect me to be this modern independant woman and the retort to the "traditions" of the old world where the woman is the sole homemaker.

I will cook and I will clean and so will he.

On the contrary my "dealbreakers" are not that he must be the breadwinner (which is the opposite of the homemaker).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast