+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tips for making a flirtatious person "settle" for you?

Tips for making a flirtatious person "settle" for you?

This girl and me are in pretty good relations, we hooked up once before for one night only and we stayed in contact for like two months. We have a lot of mutual friends, but we didn't really get too close until January. And the night we hooked up was..erm..close to the end of March. The current relationship with her can be summed up as being an awesome friendship, that contains plenty of flirting and teasing the idea of being together, but I just wish there is a way that I can just say "No, seriously.", knowing for sure the feedback will be positive.

She is currently out of town, and won't be coming back for a month or two, but from what I can tell she pretty much likes being in contact with me, we text each other every now and then.

Anyone has any suggestions about what actions should I take, what I should be talking about with her, etc.?
    Last edited by Vergil; 27-04-10 at 12:37 AM.

Usually when someone feels strongly for another person they are apt to hang around more. But this isn't a total lost cause. Sounds like she's a bit of a free spirit like myself. I am always coming and going. I prefer to be doing something constantly, and only rest when I'm ready to drop. Free spirits like her and myself are difficult to pin down because we find that we love movement and freedom. We prize it above all else and we are only happy to remain independent.

You can't make this girl settle for you. You are going to have to show her and prove to her that you can fulfill her needs in a relationship without needing to play dictator. Keep things fun by suggesting active dates... Not just dinner and a movie, but something interesting. My boyfriend took me on a beach date last summer and I had a blast running around in the water and getting knocked down in the waves. I was so happy and so tired on the ride home that I just passed out.

This girl sounds adventurous so it would help if you had some funny stories handy. Any adventure stories, or travel stories? Those will definitely pique her interest.