+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: State of Arizona Passes Law to Check Immigration Status

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I have a huge problem with it, too. The government controls too many aspects of our lives. All they are supposed to do is provide a certain level of security and protection and THAT'S IT! There are too many ridiculous laws and fines and punishments. And there is too much corruption to justify any of that. Seatbelt law - ****ing ridiculous. I should have every right to not wear my seatbelt if I feel like windshield diving, and not be fined for that. Drug laws - just as ridiculous - if you want to coagulate your brain cells with a bong, you should be able to do that. And this all serves justice?! Pfft, justice is just that orgasmic, climactic point in the insatiable pursuit of vengeance. There's no such thing as retribution - only what might appease.
    I'm jumping on this bandwagon. The way Americans think it's okay to use the law to enforce their lifestyles on everybody else is a total corruption of the ideal of freedom America use to stand for, and is exactly the reason I left the United States and decided to live in Canada.

I feel bad for the rest of you Americans who don't have dual citizenship. You're stuck.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    I think there are both skilled and unskilled construction workers on a site. There are some aspects anyone can do (carry those bricks over here, please) and others that require more knowledge (which pipes do we connect to not make the plumbing explode). My experience has been that illegals take the unskilled positions, for straight-forward reasons.
    Illegals shouldn't be taking those positions.

Apprentices, and helpers looking to advance their skills should take those positions.

I really suggest you check out that book I recommended.

The man delves into how the trades were systematically broken down so that unskilled workers would only ever do single, or a few menial tasks orchestrated by a manager of some kind.

It's really rather sad.

And all for what?

Efficiency, the end product.

Unskilled workers stay unskilled.

The brains make all the money and keep all the power.

Classic worker vs management conflict.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    The brains make all the money and keep all the power.

Classic worker vs management conflict.
    So? That's what it means to have a brain. Its also the brains that are ultimately responsible when stuff blows up.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    So? That's what it means to have a brain. Its also the brains that are ultimately responsible when stuff blows up.
    That's not middle class, that's upper class and lower class.

Middle class should be well rounded, a step between the two.

I know the path I'm on can take me pretty far if I choose, what I described above would mean that workers would never learn beyond their simple tasks, because if they began to understand the process they may become skilled and challenge their management.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    workers would never learn beyond their simple tasks, because if they began to understand the process they may become skilled and challenge their management.
    Fras, you know I love you, but don't go creating barriers that don't exist. There is no reason in our society that anyone skilled and knowledgeable enough cannot challenge their management. Where I am, I encourage it. That's not the limiting factor for this behaviour.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Fras, you know I love you, but don't go creating barriers that don't exist. There is no reason in our society that anyone skilled and knowledgeable enough cannot challenge their management. Where I am, I encourage it. That's not the limiting factor for this behaviour.
    Fortunately, overall, no this is not a factor.

However, I have worked on a concrete crew where the finishers were extremely territorial over their work. Under no circumstances did they want to allow me to do their job because that would make them obsolete considering how much less I was getting paid.

Even in the electrical trade I have known a few, not many, but a few journeymen that wouldn't tell me how to do this or that because that knowledge is what made them valuable over me.

I can't really blame them.

The first electrical contractor I worked for taught me a lot, probably 70% of what I know now. They kept me when they laid off a bunch of guys, but didn't want to give me a raise.

So I left for somewhere that paid me what I felt was fair. Their loss in the end, it's hard to find good people in the trades because the stupid schools treat it like a last resort. So instead of a highly skilled work force building important infrastructure, you have a lot of half wit drop outs, trying their hands at something else they'll fail at.

I'm glad I didn't waste my money and potential going to whatever random college would have accepted me for a degree that would be otherwise useless, just so I could get out 2 years ago and still be working in retail.

This blind push to put high schoolers into college is a ploy by all the schools to make money, and Americans are all stupid enough to believe this can be a society where everyone can be leaders in the service industry.

Even so, the service industry isn't immune to losing jobs to people who'll perform them for cheaper. It's actually even worse because there are no laws to be broken, so legislation would need to be passed to address it.

The construction industry already has laws in place to protect their jobs, the Fed being the dumb f*ck corporate retard it is, simply hasn't been enforcing them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even in the electrical trade I have known a few, not many, but a few journeymen that wouldn't tell me how to do this or that because that knowledge is what made them valuable over me. I can't really blame them.
    You work around these kinds of ppl, Fras. There are enough resources out there you don't need them.

The first electrical contractor I worked for taught me a lot, probably 70% of what I know now. They kept me when they laid off a bunch of guys, but didn't want to give me a raise.
    So I left for somewhere that paid me what I felt was fair.
    Sounds good to me. Those who pay peanuts get monkeys working for them. Smart ppl don't want to work with monkeys and really, its not worth it to manage them either. The cost of training someone new is almost always more than giving a smart hard worker a raise.

You might find this fun to watch...a UCLA professor preaches revolution against US and reconquest of "occupied" West:

[url]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cbd_1273354744&c=1[/url]

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213