+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions about whether this is a good idea or not.

Need opinions about whether this is a good idea or not.

So there's this girl I like that I'm going to be hanging out with soon. We were supposed to hang out during spring break but neither of us drive, so I'm working on getting my license so we can do something over the summer. What I'm thinking about doing is going to the mall, then bowling, then see a movie. I'm going to generalize a bit right here -- since she's a teenage girl she most likely wants to watch Twilight (barf) so I'll jokingly say "Fine but next time I get to choose " thus setting up another opportunity to hang out. Also going to flirt a bit (lightly touching her arms, back, etc) and see how she responds.

Is this too much? I kind of want to get in a relationship with her but I know not to tell her that flat-out.

I don't really know her that well. I know she likes art (we took the same class together last year), likes spongebob, and wants to be a game designer. I've known her about a couple of years but we never talked much except joking around in class; I've never hung out with her before. I graduated from high school last year, she graduates this summer. I've talked to her a few times on FB and over the phone.

Sounds like a good idea to me. You seem like a really nice guy, and I'm sure this will work for you if she has feelings for you aswell

Just be careful not to vomit on her halfway through Twilight

lol, hopefully she will not want to watch Twilight. Providing that there's no good movies playing when we hang out, would it be creepy to suggest going to her house to watch a DVD?

Yes, it would be creepy.

I'm not a big fan of movie dates, though. What's the point in going on a date where you can't talk to each other?

yeah, going to her place might be a little strange off the bat. if there aren't any movies playing why not go somewhere and grab a bite to eat? a nice casual place where you guys can enjoy some good food and talk to get to know each other. maybe do mall, dinner, and then bowling (to let go of all that stress buildup over the course of the beginning of the date and dinner and just have some FUN). ending the date with fun will most likely get her intrigued for another date.

i remember dating in high school...some of the most nerve-racking, but memorable, moments. girls, especially in high school, want the guys to think well of them and get overly nervous about what the guy is going to think of her. as long as you act relaxed and courteous, and try to help her feel comfortable with you, the date will go well. show her that you aren't some jerk-off trying to get in her pants, that you actually like her as a person, and many dates will come. wish you the best of luck! you sound like a really good catch!

How about doing the 1st date to get to know each other. Like going out to eat than find like an arcade place or go carts place doing something fun where you can talk and laugh and have a good time instead of sitting in a theater and getting in trouble for talking. lol. God the good ole days. See im 24 soon to be 25 I had a guy who is 27 take me out on a date we went to go eat after that we went and rode go carts. loll. God I sound lame but it was fun and very entertaining. We really got to know each other on the 1st date. Hope you decide something great.

Make sure it's clearly a date and not just hanging out as friends. You could get Friendzoned and that would suck.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by sehvral View Post
    Yes, it would be creepy.

I'm not a big fan of movie dates, though. What's the point in going on a date where you can't talk to each other?
    Yeah I thought it was kind of creepy too. Well, we're going to be talking to each other at the mall and when bowling, so seeing a movie isn't too bad, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    yeah, going to her place might be a little strange off the bat. if there aren't any movies playing why not go somewhere and grab a bite to eat? a nice casual place where you guys can enjoy some good food and talk to get to know each other. maybe do mall, dinner, and then bowling (to let go of all that stress buildup over the course of the beginning of the date and dinner and just have some FUN). ending the date with fun will most likely get her intrigued for another date.
    What I'm thinking of is first the mall, then something to eat (like Pizza Hut or something), then see a movie, then bowling. I'm trying to think of it as a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Make sure it's clearly a date and not just hanging out as friends. You could get Friendzoned and that would suck.
    When I talked to her we agreed it would just be hanging out, so saying that it's a date would probably freak her out. When we do hang out I'm going to flirt with her and see how she responds. If we hang out a second time, then we could talk about going on a "real date" I guess.

Sorry, I'm sure you're all nice and good.... but anyone who names themselves after a thug organization gets my spittle..

hocks up loogie

(Can't you change just one initial in the TSA bit?)

expels loogie across TSA09's face

- Suffer, mall cop!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Sorry, I'm sure you're all nice and good.... but anyone who names themselves after a thug organization gets my spittle..

hocks up loogie

(Can't you change just one initial in the TSA bit?)

expels loogie across TSA09's face

- Suffer, mall cop!

Uhhm, my name is just my initials backwards, not named after some organization or whatever. :/

Sounds like a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    Uhhm, my name is just my initials backwards, not named after some organization or whatever. :/
    I apologize and hope you'll take the sincerity of that apology as intentioned.

Peace, TSA09

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    I apologize and hope you'll take the sincerity of that apology as intentioned.

Peace, TSA09
    It's okay.

So, I'm not going to interact with her at all until I call her to hang out. I feel like I've been a bit -- what's the word, suffocating her? -- so, I'm not going to send her any messages, write on her wall, or anything like that.

So today I went to the mall (dad drove me) to get my hair cut, and I saw that the bowling alley had shut down, so there goes the bowling idea. There are basically two malls where I live -- one mega mall that takes around 40 minutes to get to, and one crappy mall that takes 20 minutes to get to; gonna have to go to the mega mall. I found this place that has a bunch of different kinds of activities (laser tag, mini-golf, arcade) and it's only like ten minutes away from the mall. Kind of a problem, though -- she had some kind of concert or something at that same place last week, so I feel it would be weird to ask her to go there with me, as I have never been there before. So how can I bring this up casually, without making her feel creeped out? (sorry for being socially dumbass-ed. :/)

Ok, so I don't exactly know when we are going to hang out. I'm trying to save up money to get a car, and I still have to get my license. But anyway, would it be alright to invite her to bring along a friend when we do hang out? My reason for this is, we are both kind of shy, especially me, so having another person there with us would make it be not-so awkward. Advice, please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast