Ok basically this happened a month ago when i went to my nephews birthday party, there was a girl there my Brother knows, i was attracted to her but i didnt speak to her that night, i was still getting over my ex who i'd split up with after Valentines Day. A few days later my Brother told me someone fancies me and i said who and he said it was that girl from the party and that i should add her on Facebook because shes expecting it.

So i did just that and we spoke for ages sometimes till early hours of the morning. We always spoke about meeting up and stuff saying we cant wait to see each other and that and about a week before we did meet she started saying Ly at the end of texts before she would go to bed.

It's only after we met things kind of changed, i met her and we went for a drink or 2 and the cinema after, we got on better than i thought and i was a lot more attracted to her than i thought i would be, i asked her before she went home if she wanted to grab some food but she seemed in a hurry to go and said she got Chinese when she went home. We hugged and there was a really quick peck on the lips but it didn't go any further than that even though i wanted it to

I felt my heart had been ripped out because i felt maybe she doesn't like me as much as she thought and since then i feel it's just going downhill. We've hardly spoke since then and when we text i will always be the last one to text and she wont text me back sometimes at all, i told her in a text that i really really liked her an i dont how how u'd feel but i'd love you to be my gf, sorry if ive put u on the spot tho she text back saying she doesnt know if shes ready for a boyfriend yet and would like us to take it slow, she said shes glad i told her how i feel and she does like me but just wants to take it slow.

She still says Ly sometimes but i'd rather her not if in the end we wont be together, i feel like i should get away but im holding on which means i could end up getting hurt even more if she doesn't want me and finds someone else :/

Is it common for girls to say they're not ready for a boyfriend as an easy way out of saying "I dont like you like that" because the same thing happened a couple of weeks back, this girl was flirting with me saying she liked me when i asked her out she said she didnt want a boyfriend even though she has one now, ive forgotten about her anyway but this new girl i feel is doing the same thing, she hardly texts me, it's usually me that has to initiate the conversation first an i feel like im being a pain towards her :/

Maybe i should back away not text her an let her initiate the conversations from now on, any advice preferably from a females perspective would be great thank you