+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do i approach a shy guy?Help me please

how do i approach a shy guy?Help me please

so i have moved to a new city and the good thing about this is that i am meeting new people.
    I have recently encountered a guy who i would like to know more about. he seems interesting.

now i have noticed him staring and he has tried to approach me a couple of times to speak with me. even his family have tried to get to know me.....he just has not asked me out

I have spoken to a mutual friend who has said she thinks we wold be good together ...but i had to dismiss it...and told her he just does not speal to me. She said he is really shy and...reading in between the lines think he came out of a relationship.

i'd like to know;
    - how can i get him to talk to me, if he is shy how can i can encourage him?

any help would be great.

You say he tried to approach you a couple times already. What happened?

Why don't you try talking to him?
    Last edited by sehvral; 28-04-10 at 08:06 PM. Reason: misread

no ...and we have good conversations. we have spoken and he always ask questions acts like he is interested. but because we never meet one-on-one, so we never get a lot of time and we get interrupted etc.

Why don't you make the first move and ask him out? If he's into you he would gladly accept, and you making the first move would probably make him much more confident around you, and in turn he would show you more attention in an intimate way.

I myself am a shy guy as well but when approached by another woman I am more than happy to talk, unless of course I do not have any interest and don't find her attractive or something. You can easily tell with me by my eye contact and of course the usual body movement. Reading what you have already mentioned here it seems that you are already past the point of knowing that he does like you, or so it seems. Now I would just like to know how your conversations have gone, but without straight up asking the guy out on a date the next time you guys talk mention something fun you would like to do, maybe go hiking or a movie. Lets say he says something along those lines as well, then point out that you should both go do it! If not you could always pull a fast one on the guy and say that a you and a few friends are going to see a movie, invite him along as a friend to the movie and then the day of say "well looks like everyone has bailed, guess its just us" and then go to the movie and ask if he wants to get drinks after and see what you can do from there. Hope this helps! (Sorry for any spelling errors, its about 4am...)

If he has just came out of a relationship, I'd leave him alone for a while.

People only end up getting hurt usually and when they get involved with someone on the rebound.

talk to him, make him feel confortable talking to you. he'll open up and want to be with u