+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This girl that I like.. but I don't know what to do now.

Just... play it out man. Don't think so hard about it and just let yourself talk freely... Talk to her like you would any other friend, and be yourself. Being genuine is the best thing you could do.

Ite so the ride went well I guess. What should I do next... ask her out or chill with her? I never chilled with her outside of school before.

Depends on her, really. If you feel super unsure try hanging out with her and asking her out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Inexplicitly View Post
    Ite so the ride went well I guess. What should I do next... ask her out or chill with her? I never chilled with her outside of school before.
    First work out if she wants to be your friend, feels obligated, or has a physical/mental thing for you.

Did she give you eye contact?

Did she flirt in any way you could fathom?

Did you flirt with her, and how did she react?

Were there any uncomfortable pauses... quick glances.... longer than normal looks?

Did she offer to give you the same ride again?

Did you talk about school stuff, or personal stuff?

Did she talk about the weekends?

Did she mention anything she really likes to do, or anything in particular which she wants to do (ie. upcoming event, music concert, party, whatever)?

If there is something you share in common, why not look up an event which you can both go to and enjoy?

Say for instance she said, "Sorry but you're going to have to listen to this CD because I haven't taken it out of the player in 3 months and listen to it constantly. I'm nuts about it (insert modern day slang voice-over)"

If you don't mind the group, buy a pair of tickets for it... especially if you'll have your licence before the concert kicks off... then ask her. Even tell her that you'd like to make it up to her for giving you those rides.... .... ....

(pretext and subtext)

Mind you, do it as soon as the concert tickets get released or you're liable to ask her and find out that she's already advance booked months before.

She sounds as if she likes you...

So, grow a sack and give it a go.

What's the worst case scenario?

She says no, but you strike up a further friendship and you eventually meet someone more compatible through her?

It's all about risks, bud... and learning how to optimize them when they don't always go to plan.

You'll for sure have watched and witnessed older sorts in real life, movies, and whatever act ever so confidently... suavely.... who pick up the girl as it's all laid out for them to do.

It doesn't work like that most often enough.

30, 40, 50 year old singles are actually teenagers with better jobs, children, ex-relationships, confidence issues, emotional baggage, and grey hairs and wrinkles.

So don't let yourself eventually regret not doing what felt so right or compelling now, at the best time of your life.

Go for it and deal with the consequences, wonderful or not so great...everlasting or not.

She could just be, "The One".

You could just be "Kicking Yourself".

(and don't listen to anyone who tells you that all you're feeling is naive puppy love, transitional, or meant to fail. They're just bitter for whatever reason/s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    First work out if she wants to be your friend, feels obligated, or has a physical/mental thing for you.

Did she give you eye contact?

Did she flirt in any way you could fathom?

Did you flirt with her, and how did she react?

Were there any uncomfortable pauses... quick glances.... longer than normal looks?

Did she offer to give you the same ride again?

Did you talk about school stuff, or personal stuff?

Did she talk about the weekends?

Did she mention anything she really likes to do, or anything in particular which she wants to do (ie. upcoming event, music concert, party, whatever)?

If there is something you share in common, why not look up an event which you can both go to and enjoy?

Say for instance she said, "Sorry but you're going to have to listen to this CD because I haven't taken it out of the player in 3 months and listen to it constantly. I'm nuts about it (insert modern day slang voice-over)"

If you don't mind the group, buy a pair of tickets for it... especially if you'll have your licence before the concert kicks off... then ask her. Even tell her that you'd like to make it up to her for giving you those rides.... .... ....

(pretext and subtext)

Mind you, do it as soon as the concert tickets get released or you're liable to ask her and find out that she's already advance booked months before.

She sounds as if she likes you...

So, grow a sack and give it a go.

What's the worst case scenario?

She says no, but you strike up a further friendship and you eventually meet someone more compatible through her?

It's all about risks, bud... and learning how to optimize them when they don't always go to plan.

You'll for sure have watched and witnessed older sorts in real life, movies, and whatever act ever so confidently... suavely.... who pick up the girl as it's all laid out for them to do.

It doesn't work like that most often enough.

30, 40, 50 year old singles are actually teenagers with better jobs, children, ex-relationships, confidence issues, emotional baggage, and grey hairs and wrinkles.

So don't let yourself eventually regret not doing what felt so right or compelling now, at the best time of your life.

Go for it and deal with the consequences, wonderful or not so great...everlasting or not.

She could just be, "The One".

You could just be "Kicking Yourself".

(and don't listen to anyone who tells you that all you're feeling is naive puppy love, transitional, or meant to fail. They're just bitter for whatever reason/s)
    She does give me eye contact. I don't know how to flirt with her though... I'm not very good when it comes to flirting with girls... I think the only time I flirted with her is when I threw a pencil at her and she slapped me on the arm (in a happy way). Is that a good sign?!

I texted her a few hours saying "whats up" and she responded saying "just woke up from a nap, wbu" .. then I responded saying "studying for my exams.. get ready for yours on friday" and she didn't text back after that... Is that a bad sign?

She does tell me very few stories about her friends in her hometown (this is her first year at my school by the way)... but nothing too personal. She never offered me a ride.. I had to ask her to get a ride. We tend to talk about a lot of school stuff though.

What should we talk about? Because I would be talking to her then run out of things to say and it'd be some awkward silence... we never did the "dinner date" thing either..

She does give me eye contact. I don't know how to flirt with her though... I'm not very good when it comes to flirting with girls... I think the only time I flirted with her is when I threw a pencil at her and she slapped me on the arm (in a happy way). Is that a good sign?!

I texted her a few hours saying "whats up" and she responded saying "just woke up from a nap, wbu" .. then I responded saying "studying for my exams.. get ready for yours on friday" and she didn't text back after that... Is that a bad sign?

She does tell me very few stories about her friends in her hometown (this is her first year at my school by the way)... but nothing too personal. She never offered me a ride.. I had to ask her to get a ride. We tend to talk about a lot of school stuff though.

What should we talk about? Because I would be talking to her then run out of things to say and it'd be some awkward silence... we never did the "dinner date" thing either..
    Righteo ... you can either be clueless or a troll... I'll err on the clueless angle for your benefit.

You've asked her to give you a ride... she's given you a ride.

She gives you eye contact (is it a warm feeling?)...

You send her bland messages and she ultimately doesn't respond (not high on her priority list at this point, or she's got her own "hard to get" preoccupied angle going)

Make conversation!

Don't you notice things while being driven down the road?

Conversation should be a natural thing... you or she says something... response comes... response returns... it picks up and keeps going.

Did you notice that someone cut her off?

Does someone have like 300 rolls of toilet paper strewn through the trees of their front lawn?

Is there a song on the radio you really like or she seems to really like?

Does she have air fresheners or furry dice hanging from the rear view mirror and it reminds you of a movie you've recently watched and liked?

CONVERSE!

(once you get it going, it'll all seem natural)

Though, if you're a troll.... you can lick my well worn underoos postage stamp zone...

Well during the car ride... I kinda got "pussy blocked" if that makes sense, lol. Me and her were walking to the car then her friend was all like "Can I get a ride too" and she was like "sure"... so we couldn't really have a deep conversation. But all 3 of us were talking though. I'm pretty sure I can get her in a good conversation, but I think she's been busy because her AP exams are coming up on Friday. (AP are college classes taken in high school)...

Should I ask her to chill one day? Or would that be too much in the "friend zone"? Ultimately, I have to grow the balls to ask her out... and if so, where would the perfect place be to do that? And what should I say when asking her out?

Do you think we should chill first, then ask her out? Do the dinner date first, then ask her out? or what?

Should I say flirting stuff to her such as "If you were an alphabet, I would put U and I together"?

Sorry for all these questions Doc! It's my first time I liked/loved a girl THIS much, I can't stop thinking about her.

Thanks.

Well during the car ride... I kinda got "pussy blocked" if that makes sense, lol. Me and her were walking to the car then her friend was all like "Can I get a ride too" and she was like "sure"... so we couldn't really have a deep conversation. But all 3 of us were talking though. I'm pretty sure I can get her in a good conversation, but I think she's been busy because her AP exams are coming up on Friday. (AP are college classes taken in high school)...

Should I ask her to chill one day? Or would that be too much in the "friend zone"? Ultimately, I have to grow the balls to ask her out... and if so, where would the perfect place be to do that? And what should I say when asking her out?

Do you think we should chill first, then ask her out? Do the dinner date first, then ask her out? or what?

Should I say flirting stuff to her such as "If you were an alphabet, I would put U and I together"?

Sorry for all these questions Doc! It's my first time I liked/loved a girl THIS much, I can't stop thinking about her.

Thanks.
    I still think you're 50/50 possibility wise, a troll... but I feel sorry for the other half.

"Why" do you have to do the "dinner date"?

It might be nice to do a dinner date, but just maybe.... she's not into dinner dates... just possibly?

(Some chicks like the movie/coffee/dinner scenario, others don't)

Why not find out what she likes, and then match it to something you like.... then propose it?

Or really be a hellraiser and just say propose what you like (start a conversation about how you like doing _____. If she shows real interest in it... you ask her to come along and you'll show her the ropes.)

Having said that, romance is the key... so if you like cross country skiing but she has weak ankles... you propose downhill skiing on the kiddy slopes with you.

Or.... if you REALLY want to be romantic... find something you REALLY like doing on your own (ie. metal detecting along the beach at night, perhaps as an example) and invite her along?

Maybe you enjoy hitting used comic book or just plain used book stores in your off time.... maybe you have a hangup about never passing by a yard sale sign?

Just be yourself around her, and see what comes.

Think on your own two feet. I nor anyone else can't help you unless you want to help yourself.

Nads, man...

Big rumpy pumpy nads no matter how much they withdraw into your crotch... push them out, swing them around... and aim for the target.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12