+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Responding to a compliment with "I'm glad you still think that..."!!

Responding to a compliment with "I'm glad you still think that..."!!

This is something small, but I've noticed lately that whenever I say something nice/compliment my bf he says "I'm glad you still think that" instead of returning the compliment/comment like he usually does.

Does this mean that he is feeling insecure? I dunno, seems like a funny response to me, but then it could be nothing at all! I'm probably reading waaaaay too much into it, but would love some outside opinions!!

Any thoughts guys?

I don't think it's a sign of 'insecurity'.

He's happy in the knowlege that you still find him as desirable as when you first met, hence ''I'm glad you still think that".

As for why he doesn't return compliments, who knows. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Do you usually pay a compliment and so you recieve one back?

Hmmm not really, though it often happens that way, especially in relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by jessZ View Post
    Hmmm not really, though it often happens that way, especially in relationships.
    Does it?

So because I tell a guy I like his shirt, it's a given that he says he likes my dress too....even if he doesn't? LOL

I was always taught, that you don't give to recieve back and just because I compliment someone, doesnt mean I want to hear a compliment in return.

I guess it's nice if they do, but if they don't...so what? The world aint gonna end.....although I guess for some people it might feel like it is :|

Yes I agree with you, I was just commenting on the fact that relationships tend to entail a level of intimacy where compliments are shared more freely than you might with say, a good friend. But of course everything I compliment him on is genuine! I definately don't do it with the expectation of a returned compliment, but as per my original post I find his reaction lately a little odd that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by jessZ View Post
    Yes I agree with you, I was just commenting on the fact that relationships tend to entail a level of intimacy where compliments are shared more freely than you might with say, a good friend. But of course everything I compliment him on is genuine! I definately don't do it with the expectation of a returned compliment, but as per my original post I find his reaction lately a little odd that's all.
    Just don't read into it. Just because he may not say you look great, doesn't mean he aint thinking it.

Let's face it, if you didn't look great, he wouldn't have chosen you.

So QUIT worrying!!

And he may not compliment so often, because he doesn't want you to get a 'swell' head, or give you impression you are too good for him and you could do better.

He wants you and doesn't want you to think you can do better than him....think about it! lol