+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Trash

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Er... I never said I was fine with human trash and people behaving rudely. I'm not fine with anyone of any color acting inappropriately or threatening others.

I was pointing out that human trash comes in all colors. My examples being that I've been bothered by rednecks and black thugs alike. A thug is a thug.
    No, I said you're not fine with others saying "i met black guys and they were rude towards me.they are human trash". You're not fine with it.
    I wazzzz here

Nope. I never said that. I'm not offended by what Fras said. Those guys were a**holes and he's entitled to feel the way he feels after they bothered him. I was pointing out that I've met black and white guys who were rude to me and they are all human trash. Rude a**holes are human trash.

I think people can talk about race calmly without getting offended, calling each other racists and other distracting tactics. Nothing moves forward or gets solved when everyone takes everything so personally. Race is not a big deal and we should all approach it that way. Just my opinion.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm beginning to wonder if homogeneous communities are more likely to produce a better quality of life.

The most common suggestion here on this forum, as well as in life, has been to ignore differences, tolerate them, but clearly not to embrace them.

The United States may be a melting pot, but if you look at it under a microscope, it's deeply fractured on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, well I live in a very ethnically diverse place, and have met trash from every race and culture. I don't think one has outrepresented the other honestly.

This type of behaviour has been around since the beginning of mankind, and it's not going to change. All we can do is try to raise our own kids not to be haters, and to be socially responsible. We can be leaders and moral figures in our community. We can help those that want to rise above their station. We just ignore the rest. I've been the victim of random, violent, even racially motivated crimes in my city (and I'm white), and it still doesn't make me think less of certain groups of people, just certain levels of society.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if homogeneous communities are more likely to produce a better quality of life.

The most common suggestion here on this forum, as well as in life, has been to ignore differences, tolerate them, but clearly not to embrace them.

The United States may be a melting pot, but if you look at it under a microscope, it's deeply fractured on so many levels I don't even know where to start.
    I wouldn't thrive in a homogeneous society. I'm Black, my closest friends are Asian, my boyfriend is white and I'm pretty darn happy with my quality of life. I love peoples differences, I think it makes life richer. The things I ignore are a**holes and stupid people because I'm too busy enjoying my life to care about them hating me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shouldn't be killing off these people?

I mean, ideally?

At least send them off some place far away, like the Brits did with Australians?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Literally all of the people who have ever been assholes to me or treated me poorly have been white

I should hate white people

Oh wait, I do

Last night I was out for a walk with my friends late at night, and it was last call for the bars I guess. People were leaving the bars and I saw a bunch of horribly piss drunk people who couldn't even stand up on their hindlegs; college girls being led home by old perverted men, puking everywhere, nearly unconscious. It's disgusting.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this is why i love it in hawaii...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    this is why i love it in hawaii...

raverboy
    i plan on going there soon will let you know if it actually happens
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Move Fras. Working hard is about creating these options for yourself. There is nothing wrong with availing yourself of them and leaving behind ppl like this. You can't help rabid dogs, except to put them down. Sadly, humans are kinder to dogs than other humans in this regard.

Thats quite a reaction for being called ugly. Lets see:

1) These are clearly all thugs.
    2) It must've been my race.
    3) They are human trash.
    4) I don't care what happens to them.
    5) This proves all racial prejudices as true.

Frankly, I'm shocked more by how little it took for you to justify all five of these opinions than I am by them calling you ugly.

Seriously, calm the **** down, Frasbee and take a serious step back man. I've experienced real racism Frasbee, I mean real ****ing racism. And by real racism I mean I've had two friends of mine killed over ethnically motivated violence before I turned 15, I mean I've been in well over a 100 streetfights because I was the only brown kid in a predominantly white neighborhood, I mean I got to spend my whole childhood being taunted over my race, threatened with violence, and frequently assaulted. And you got mad over some black kid yelling, "yo ugly"? You need some perspective, man.

I used to live in Oakland, and I've seen way worse shit. Just last week I was in San Pablo Ave when I saw a shirtless tatted Black teen who clearly had a bad ****ing day and was walking in my direction. The kid was angry as all hell, spotted me, and instantly yelled "what the **** you want" - "you want some of this" proceed to taunt me, and asked me if I had a problem with him or wanted to fight him. Since we were both headed in the same direction he moved directly up in my face, arms gesturing wildly, as I was about to pass him. I just ignored him and moved on with my day. The whole experience did not prove to me that racial stereotypes are true, that he is human trash, or that his death should go unmourned. In fact, I see stupid behavior like this in bars, at concerts, and I frequently saw many people do it in high school - and I'm quite sure this kid was high-school age.

People have bad ****ing days, man. People do stupid shit. Teenagers cause problems because they want to. Seriously, you don't remember high school? People picking on others, making fun of others, to prove that they were better, to feel better themselves? Its natural and universal. Doesn't mean its a good thing, doesn't mean you shouldn't be upset about it. Doesn't mean you should let that behavior go unchecked. But your reaction is so ridiculously disproportionate to what happened to you that my mind is blown just reading your post. It really takes that little for you to write off these four human beings as trash and how you could care less at what happens to them? Thats not even healthy.

Edit:

Learn from your coworker. 1) Its clearly not about race, as he explained to you. 2) People clearly change, see: coworker, maybe you shouldn't be so eager to write everyone off.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 02-05-10 at 02:46 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    It really takes that little for you to write off these four human beings as trash and how you could care less at what happens to them?

Wow, man.

Edit:

And frankly, learn from your coworker. 1) Its clearly not about race, as he explained to you. 2) People change, maybe you shouldn't be so eager to write everyone off.
    1.) As he explained to me, it was about race.

2.) Don't try to defend them, they're not worth it.

3.) It wouldn't be far off to say that this city is fit for a landfill.

Frasbee, I'm going to say this again: you just wrote off the lives of four human beings because they called you ugly. There are two wrongs going on here. One is the bullshit they pulled. Two is the excessive degree to which you respond. (Note, the excessive portion, being mad at those kids is fine, to a line, being this willing to go that far overboard in your retaliation is where you are now crossing a line yourself.) Punishing disproportionately is unethical on its own. If someone calls me an idiot, and I pummel his brains, granted the kid misstepped, but I'm clearly in the wrong. Now you haven't done anything, you're merely ranting on a message board, but you need to think these thoughts through more thoroughly. People do stupid shit. I've done stupid shit. I've had people do way worse shit to me. I know not to get riled up over little things, and I know to distinguish between real problems, and just nonsense. You faced the latter. When I read you say things like you wonder if a one-race city is a better place to live in, that kind of talk just worries me. Its propagating ideas like that that leads to racism. This notion that whenever a person of a different race upsets us, that we should separate ourselves from dealing with that person's race. Its how quickly an altercation between two people goes from an altercation between two people to an altercation between two races.

Even if your assumption of race is correct. Just because that person made it about race doesn't mean you should too. I seriously have enough grievances from white Blonde Europeans that I think I'm entitled to hate them for the rest of my life. But I know better. I don't react based on race, and I can make a clear distinction between any group's idiots and the rest of them. It seems like you blur those lines much more quickly. White kids do just as stupid shit all the time, I see it all the time. What I don't see is people talking about how they're trash undeserving of human consideration. I don't think you getting upset at these kids is wrong. But I do think you should be fair in your response.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    I don't think you getting upset at these kids is wrong. But I do think you should be fair in your response.
    good points. very well written.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast