+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Trash

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ who IS this guy?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It's a shame that all we do anymore is simply "ignore" this behavior, because we're all so disconnected from one another.

We tolerate it, our communities tolerate it and when it comes to bite one of us in the ass, everyone else looks from afar and says, "That's a shame for them."

What if I confronted him? At best I'd be ganged up on by at least 4 kids, at worst, at least one of them would be packing a gun.

I'm beginning to hate city living.

(I'm not all white, by the way).
    I don't bow down nor aggress before or against anyone, and I'm still alive.. Fras

In that situation I have often said (with no undertones), "Sorry, I didn't catch what you said or if you were speaking to me. I've got damaged hearing. Spent to long in ________. Messed my hearing up"... then wait for the reply.

Most replies are civil.

If the reply isn't civil, I ask why or if I did something offensive, what it was since it could be a misunderstanding and I didn't have any intention of offending anyone.

Most of these replies are civil or go nowhere.

If they do escalate to something more, and I can't keep walking, I'll ask the question, "alright, which person did I offend? and of we can't talk it out, which person needs to fight me? (break up the group).

If one doesn't step up, I ask if we're not wasting our time.. since it's unnecessary, we should all go for a beer. (never buy the group more than one round, incidentally. Expect that they either leave or reciprocate the next round)

If all try to step up (under the loyalty banner), I ask why proceed since 3-4 against one is already decided, so why waste the energy. I'm sure to lose, there's hospital bills and lawsuits and time away from our families.

If a sole person steps up (usually the biggest), I bail them up and try to collapse to the ground with them so their close enough to only hear me say, "look, this is lose/lose. They don't know what's being said, they think I just told you whatever, it could be a joke. We get up and all go for a beer. Nothing more is said"

If that doesn't work (and it's worked all but one time) I play dirty (throw dirt in the eyes) and run like ****.

Only the most sordid evil type won't respond to reason and the flipside... you can be damned sure that it's not going to be easier the next time they attempt the same situation, if ever, because their memories and conscience kicks in.

Having said that, I've had a lot of beers with strangers and talked a lot of shit.

It takes conviction to stand up and put yourself out there.

Laws are no assurance, Fras.

Being muscle stacked, taller, heavier isn't the be all and end all.

It's all about heart. We all have them.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol ,in some places Doc, you would be already punched 5 times before you'd be able to say all that hahaha. In some places they wouldn't even let you say the first sentence.
    Not everything can be solved with talking.Some people don't give a crap about talking
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Lol ,in some places Doc, you would be already punched 5 times before you'd be able to say all that hahaha. In some places they wouldn't even let you say the first sentence.
    Not everything can be solved with talking.Some people don't give a crap about talking
    I disagree PP. I've been around and dabbled in all levels of society.

Maybe I've just been unusually lucky... but until I'm prematurely dead, I'll disagree with you.

What I know to be true is that nearly all people would prefer to avoid violence if given the option.. even the ones deemed undesirable by cultural/pop media standards.

It's about respect... respect for yourself, respect for others... and letting the cards fail.

I'm alive today because I follow this belief.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doc, you wouldn't even get the chance to say a word in some neighborhoods before you'd be shot

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah you can belive in that crap Doc One day it will get you killed
    I wazzzz here

Think outside of the victims box, you two.

The same programming which suggests you're going to be cut down doesn't seem to care if you're not.

It's like looking at the crime stats for the US midwest during the cowboy era. The movies taught us showdowns, lawlessness, and fast shooters... the reality shows us better crime prevention stats than any nation currently has now with very rare lawlessness.

I don't buy into the media and with some focused effort and tender words, I walk free nearly anywhere I go.

You should try it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes,yes...
    Well I saw many,many times when guys like you who thought they can handle the deal with talking calmly,were beaten up like bags of potatoes,by guys who were 5 times bigger than them. If someone wants to do you some troubles and you know you will not win, get the **** out of there. You're running for your life, no word will help you talk through a guy that for example take steroids and probably have no brain-drugs are thinking for him instead, or a guy who wants to steals something and is so stressed out that will probably hear"i'm calling the police" instead of "calm down buddy" and will stab you like a steak on a lunch break.
    You always have to see the worst scenario. Such optimists like you find out sooner or later that such thinking is just a big trouble. You didn't meet anyone that attacked you ,after you tried your tactic. YET. You neither know the day nor the time .
    I wazzzz here

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Doc, have you ever been to a real American city?

Like the residential areas of inner city Detroit?

There are parts of the city that if I went to, I know I would be accosted by crackheads, probably half of them strung out on something bad. I suppose making conversation with someone high on crack and possibly packing a gun is a smart thing to do

A couple years ago I was at the edge of the city where I'm from and some guy, for absolutely no reason, pulled up in a car next to me and started yelling shit at me from his car (the window was closed and so was mine, I couldn't hear what he said) while he pointed a gun at me. For absolutely no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Yes,yes...
    Well I saw many,many times when guys like you who thought they can handle the deal with talking calmly,were beaten up like bags of potatoes,by guys who were 5 times bigger than them. If someone wants to do you some troubles and you know you will not win, get the **** out of there. You're running for your life, no word will help you talk through a guy that for example take steroids and probably have no brain-drugs are thinking for him instead, or a guy who wants to steals something and is so stressed out that will probably hear"i'm calling the police" instead of "calm down buddy" and will stab you like a steak on a lunch break.
    You always have to see the worst scenario. Such optimists like you find out sooner or later that such thinking is just a big trouble. You didn't meet anyone that attacked you ,after you tried your tactic. YET. You neither know the day nor the time .
    You've come at this discussion with a preconceived notion of what should or shouldn't happen when aggressions or grievances rise.

Steroids? Drugs? etc etc etc?

Go for Hollywood gold, for all I care.

If someone speaks before they consider swinging, that's a sign as to their personality... EVEN if they're talking shit. The true ****wits don't speak, they don't debate, and they don't converse... they act. They sucker punch, shoot, knife, or choke. A different scenario altogether.

And incidentally... you can't legitimately ascertain whether I'm an optimist or a pessimist. That's your conception of what I've said which only goes to prove my initial point, being, that when one walks into a situation with preconceived ideals and the inability to consider otherwise, they walk in defenseless and ready to be victimized when those ideals aren't supported by the actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Doc, have you ever been to a real American city?

Like the residential areas of inner city Detroit?

There are parts of the city that if I went to, I know I would be accosted by crackheads, probably half of them strung out on something bad. I suppose making conversation with someone high on crack and possibly packing a gun is a smart thing to do

A couple years ago I was at the edge of the city where I'm from and some guy, for absolutely no reason, pulled up in a car next to me and started yelling shit at me from his car (the window was closed and so was mine, I couldn't hear what he said) while he pointed a gun at me. For absolutely no reason
    I've been to plenty of American cities and found them to be no more dangerous than any other westernized or non westernized city in the world, barring war zones or areas of civil unrest and the danger tends to be from occupying forces, not the locals.

Locals will take care of anyone vouched for or cared about, at least to let them know when and where to best travel.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Doc, you wouldn't even get the chance to say a word in some neighborhoods before you'd be shot
    No you won't. People kill people for a reason. That doesn't mean its justified, doesn't mean its right or ethical, but it does mean there is a logic behind it. No one shoots you randomly, out of boredom, or because they felt like it. People that unhinged don't survive long. Those who go around murdering do so with a clear reason in mind and a clear method to it. The only people who kill randomly are serial killers who get off on killing victims, and those are wholly separate from thugs, who also kill, but have a method to their madness.

No one would shoot you for fun.

I'm not saying all these places are safe or that you won't get accosted, but I am saying that its pretty ridiculous to think that people will kill you just for the sake of killing you.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    I don't bow down nor aggress before or against anyone, and I'm still alive.. Fras

In that situation I have often said (with no undertones), "Sorry, I didn't catch what you said or if you were speaking to me. I've got damaged hearing. Spent to long in ________. Messed my hearing up"... then wait for the reply.

Most replies are civil.

If the reply isn't civil, I ask why or if I did something offensive, what it was since it could be a misunderstanding and I didn't have any intention of offending anyone.

Most of these replies are civil or go nowhere.

If they do escalate to something more, and I can't keep walking, I'll ask the question, "alright, which person did I offend? and of we can't talk it out, which person needs to fight me? (break up the group).

If one doesn't step up, I ask if we're not wasting our time.. since it's unnecessary, we should all go for a beer. (never buy the group more than one round, incidentally. Expect that they either leave or reciprocate the next round)

If all try to step up (under the loyalty banner), I ask why proceed since 3-4 against one is already decided, so why waste the energy. I'm sure to lose, there's hospital bills and lawsuits and time away from our families.

If a sole person steps up (usually the biggest), I bail them up and try to collapse to the ground with them so their close enough to only hear me say, "look, this is lose/lose. They don't know what's being said, they think I just told you whatever, it could be a joke. We get up and all go for a beer. Nothing more is said"

If that doesn't work (and it's worked all but one time) I play dirty (throw dirt in the eyes) and run like ****.

Only the most sordid evil type won't respond to reason and the flipside... you can be damned sure that it's not going to be easier the next time they attempt the same situation, if ever, because their memories and conscience kicks in.

Having said that, I've had a lot of beers with strangers and talked a lot of shit.

It takes conviction to stand up and put yourself out there.

Laws are no assurance, Fras.

Being muscle stacked, taller, heavier isn't the be all and end all.

It's all about heart. We all have them.
    That's a very manly approach Doc. I don't think it would work for a woman though. I flee all situations where a group of men are acting aggressively towards me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    You've come at this discussion with a preconceived notion of what should or shouldn't happen when aggressions or grievances rise.

Steroids? Drugs? etc etc etc?

Go for Hollywood gold, for all I care.

If someone speaks before they consider swinging, that's a sign as to their personality... EVEN if they're talking shit. The true ****wits don't speak, they don't debate, and they don't converse... they act. They sucker punch, shoot, knife, or choke. A different scenario altogether.

And incidentally... you can't legitimately ascertain whether I'm an optimist or a pessimist. That's your conception of what I've said which only goes to prove my initial point, being, that when one walks into a situation with preconceived ideals and the inability to consider otherwise, they walk in defenseless and ready to be victimized when those ideals aren't supported by the actual facts.
    Yeah whatever, live in you perfect world buddy. I know examples from real life,from my little home town where people would get beaten up very bad just because they didn't keep on going. Can't wait till you get your ass kicked because of your stupid talk,so you will know what i'm talking about
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    No you won't. People kill people for a reason. That doesn't mean its justified, doesn't mean its right or ethical, but it does mean there is a logic behind it. No one shoots you randomly, out of boredom, or because they felt like it. People that unhinged don't survive long. Those who go around murdering do so with a clear reason in mind and a clear method to it. The only people who kill randomly are serial killers who get off on killing victims, and those are wholly separate from thugs, who also kill, but have a method to their madness.

No one would shoot you for fun.

I'm not saying all these places are safe or that you won't get accosted, but I am saying that its pretty ridiculous to think that people will kill you just for the sake of killing you.
    Some people are ticking time bombs...The guy who killed a random person on a Greyhound (in Canada) bus is a prime example. These people refuse to get help before they do something so stupid and I believe there's MANY of them out there. The difference is that some get help before they get to extreme, others are pushed over the edge sooner and someone else ends up suffering.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast