+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Trash

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wonder if its not the poverty per se, but the flagrant disparity of wealth. I'm sure its galling to be on the verge of starving (for whatever reason) or being evicted when you see ppl around you owning huge home(s) and driving Mercs. And acting like assholes. Its the wanting thats the problem, people start to lose self-respect followed by respect for others. There are a lot of really dignified 'poor' societies all over the world. You can see how hard they work and the pride in first gen immigrants but then something gets lost.

^^^ I think a large part of it is character and upbringing too.

Not every poor person is a thug and not every rich person is an entitled a**hole. There is something that happens to some people that makes them disrespect other people whether they are poor, wealthy, black, white or purple. Food for thought.

This is kind of an endless conversation if you think about it. I'm just pointing that out.

Hmmmm, but it's such a lovely conversation and everyone is bringing up well thought out points. I quite enjoy it as endless as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    ^^^ I think a large part of it is character and upbringing too.

Not every poor person is a thug and not every rich person is an entitled a**hole. There is something that happens to some people that makes them disrespect other people whether they are poor, wealthy, black, white or purple. Food for thought.
    I'll point out that most thugs are poorer though, and that most assholes with a sense of overentitlement are rich. Of course there are exceptions to every rule (respectable poor people and generous rich people), but usually the large concentrations of 'trash' are poorer people who use every fiber of their being to look like someone they want to be. I've seen BMWs and Mercedes parked outside of what looked to be vacant homes in Baltimore, but that is where the person lived. They drive fancy cars, and wear fancy clothes to appear to be what they want to be (but will never truly be). Eventually they lose everything or turn to crime to get more money.

The "rich thugs" are more worried about how they will spend their money and how they look rather than holding someone up or starting petty fights.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Maybe you should move if you hate your city so much. I live in a lovely community in California. Low (practically no) crime, great school systems, roads, clean everything, cute little shops and restaurants, minutes away from San Francisco. The most commonly stressful situation I find myself in is whether to do my grocery shopping at Trader Joes or Whole Foods.

Trader Joe's, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Trader Joe's, definitely.
    Absolutely. I'm addicted to their organic frozen won tons.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you should move if you hate your city so much. I live in a lovely community in California. Low (practically no) crime, great school systems, roads, clean everything, cute little shops and restaurants, minutes away from San Francisco. The most commonly stressful situation I find myself in is whether to do my grocery shopping at Trader Joes or Whole Foods.
    Yeah, we're moving from this trash can of a city.

Apparently one of this nation's worst natural disasters wasn't enough to wash out centuries of suck.

Philadelphia ain't a peach either, but after having lived in both I can make an educated decision.

Denver sounded good too, but neither of us have friends or family there.
    Last edited by Junket; 07-05-10 at 04:42 AM.

Where are you? New Orleans?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Absolutely. I'm addicted to their organic frozen won tons.
    i'd have to look into that
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Where are you? New Orleans?
    Yeah.

And now that oil is spilled everywhere it's even worse.

Who knew that would be possible?

Now the shit just has to catch on fire and the crappiness will be complete.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yeah.

And now that oil is spilled everywhere it's even worse.

Who knew that would be possible?
    I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Houston, TX when hurricane Katrina hit. We had crime, but once all those degenerates migrated to our area all crime rates increased. Rape, murder, theft, armed robbery.....EVERYTHING. A large percentage of the people arrested were from Louisanna, and our jails were full. I honestly wished that more of them had died because all they did was bring their ignorance and violence to Houston. Fortunately that was arond the time that I left my wife and moved back to Maryland, so they were no longer my problem. I hear that most of them didn't return to Louisanna after they found jobs elsewhere, which is extremely unfortunate because now they are f*cking up whatever communities they moved into.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Houston, TX when hurricane Katrina hit. We had crime, but once all those degenerates migrated to our area all crime rates increased. Rape, murder, theft, armed robbery.....EVERYTHING. A large percentage of the people arrested were from Louisanna, and our jails were full. I honestly wished that more of them had died because all they did was bring their ignorance and violence to Houston. Fortunately that was arond the time that I left my wife and moved back to Maryland, so they were no longer my problem. I hear that most of them didn't return to Louisanna after they found jobs elsewhere, which is extremely unfortunate because now they are f*cking up whatever communities they moved into.
    Yeah, and you know what?

They didn't realize the laws that apply to New Orleans, didn't apply to other places.

There's a certain time frame they were used to waiting, where if their case wasn't tried, they were let go.

Murders included.

Glad someone put their dumbasses away.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast