+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck in a limbo :/

Stuck in a limbo :/

Hey, this is my first thread so ill try and be as thorough as i can.

Im currently in a 6 month relationship with my current girl. But its long distance (2 hours) and ive only just come about to realise this, and how hard it is to maintain. This had led to me starting to like this other girl who lives much more closer to me. But there are the flaws, my current girl as ive said lives 2 hours from me,and i only get to see her now and again which is a real pain, it can also be expensive for travel costs, and then i have to make room for the coming factor that ill be in university soon and she will be in college, so we will still be separated. These factors have got me recently thinking, is this worth it?

The other girl i like apparently likes me too, but i havent really got to know her very well yet, but if i do end up pulling the plug i would like to give it a shot with her. The difference between my current girl and this other girl is that i met my current through the internet, i had to lie to go and meet her to my parents. This other girl i met through friends, and immeidiately she has became a really nice person, but i really want to be careful, do i give it a shot? Or stay where i am?

The fact that you are wondering whether it is worth it speaks volumes in itself. It is tough trying to maintain a relationship when you barely see each other. Although it has been six months that probably really just means it has only been a handful of dates so it's not like it's anything majorly serious or intense. Besides you're young, you're bound to start discovering girls that are more local, more so when you head to uni.

That and you like the Local Girl. Good enough reason not to stay with Not So Local Girl. It's only fair on her really, free her so that she can find somebody whose attention doesn't waver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

I'd go with where my heart lay. Distance would be no barrier and is no barrier to those who may truly be in love and long distance.

Which leads me to think that your heart isn't in the relationship with the long distance girl anyway. So yeah, let her go. She will get over it, as we all do and given time.

Yeah, I think you thinking about this decision is proof enough this might not work.
    I would advise you to express your feeling (not about the other girl ) to you current girlfriend. Talk to her about this, and about the upcoming college-university situation. If you break up, make sure you break up as friends.