+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The start of something beautiful?

The start of something beautiful?

Hey everyone, sorry for the long love-story, bear with me.

Lately I've been spending more and more time with this girl I know.
    I've known her for 2 years as a classmate, we've been real friends for half a year, and became a lot closer now that we've almost finished our school. I'm 21 and got no expirience at all Untill the last few years I was kind of a shy guy, but I'm much more confident now and think this might be my moment. She is pretty crazy, I like that. Fun to hang out with, we have the same sence of humor and intrests, and she's just really cute. (at first I thought she's was 'out of my reach', but she seems to like me)

She broke up with her boyfriend and soon after that she called and texted me a lot. I quickly noticed her increased intrest, and now it's 4 weeks later.
    At first we started going out with some of her friends, wich was great fun. And last week was our first 'date', just the two of us. Tomorrow we'll have a real date and go to a sushi-bar ! Thursday we'll go grab a movie. All sounds good right?

It is still kind of tricky though. You see, she sends me very sweet texts messages, but when we meet in person she is kind of shy. Now I'm in the position of the non-shy guy, and it's awkward at times. How do I make a move?
    Or should I wait? I think she really likes me, but how can I be sure? She has become a very good friend of me, and the last thing I want is get rejected and lose her as a friend.

I want to change our relationship tomorrow, (make it 'official') 'cause I notice I begin to miss her more and more. We see eachother once or twice a week. Or should I just let things be?

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Boelie; 03-05-10 at 06:00 AM.

Put yourself out there more... talk to her, keep asking her out... be the swashbuckling pirate in the situation, otherwise, she'll soon consider you a friend, move on, date someone else, while it tears you up and you're back here asking, "what do I do?"

You're in the Peacock weeks and months... strut your stuff.

Keep in slow and continue how you are for a few more months. Be careful because she could be using you as a rebound but at the same time, have some fun with her and if it works out then good luck to you.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so is she crazy or shy?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Both. She's kinda crazy, as in a bit whacky. Just someone who doensn't take life to seriously, and I like that.
    It's just the difference between face-to-face communication, and communication over texts that makes her shy in some way.
    When she would've the things from the texts to me face-to-face, things would be official. (And vice-versa I must admit)
    I think it's just a matter of time. But I'm not that patient, hehe.

Just came back from the sushi-bar. Didn't ask her, nothing special happened, but it was great!
    There where some sparks today I believe. We had a blast and the sushi was great. It's been a while since I laughed this much, that goes for the both of us.
    Afterward I got the usual sweet text messeges again. "I'm really happy with you" , "Really glad I'm getting to know you better" ect. Feels good man

Next thursday we'll go grab a movie and maybe have dinner at her place first. I'm really thinking about asking her about 'us'. Or should I just try to kiss her when saying goodbye instead of the usual hug? (thats kinda scary though )