+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Found old girlfriends on Facebook

Found old girlfriends on Facebook

Of course I had to do some searching so in a way I guess I'm a stalker of some sort. So here's the situation. I wrote to them but they haven't responded to me. Okay, so there's two of them, both are married, and at least one has kids. I respect that they are loving wives and mothers, I'm not trying to rekindle an old flame, but I'm just trying to be curious to see how they are doing. And if of course they didn't have anybody maybe I wouldn't mind to maybe start something up with them. Here's my problem they haven't responded to me so should I just keep on watching their profile see how their life is living sort of stalking them? And then somewhere down the road maybe they might start to talk to me. Of course this was 20 years ago when we dated, and it was high school and the way we broke off was kind of because I made stupid mistakes and it was not too good of a breakoff. So the way I want to redeem myself. Something that we shared was really special. If anybody has any questions or need me to add anything for suggestions please feel free to ask me please. Thank you for all comments and suggestions!
    Think of it, We are all humans here on Earth functioning and feeling. Some of us do not want to feel or show any feelings but when it boils down to it, We are all here for each other.

I wouldn't add my high school ex on Facebook either, or reply to some message he sent. You've sent them a can of worms and they've both chosen not to open it.
    Spammer Spanker

I sure as hell wouldn't respond.

Leave your exes alone.

Part of the reason why you want to date them is because you want to make up for your past mess ups, although after 20 years, any high school relationship and what happeend then probably seems pretty trivial. What has happened has happened though, and you just have to accept that you only had one shot back then, you didn't know any better but you messed up. It can certainly seem sketchy though to hear from an ex after 20 years, even if they just "want to know how they are doing." Which I don't believe for a second because you have alterior motives: you already know you would want to date them again. They probably have picked up on that too and that's why they haven't responded.

I'm guessing you are having a tough time with the dating scene, hence you trying to track down old exes. Maybe you should try and concentrate your attention elsewhere because although it's been a long time, when you have proven a failure to somebody, that isn't just something that they forget. There are plenty of people to date out there and although you are in your late 30's (I'm guessing?), it's not the end of the road for you. Keep searching.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thanks for quick reply and your advice. I know, I felt the same way that I sent them a can warms. But as our technology advances, so do the communication lines so I guess I'm at a crux. And was hoping that they would still be single, and more open-minded than anyone in my life. I actually sent them an e-mail saying that if they did not want to add me as a friend with that in mind we could still communicate through a personal message.
    Think of it, We are all humans here on Earth functioning and feeling. Some of us do not want to feel or show any feelings but when it boils down to it, We are all here for each other.

SUPER THANKS TO cmacattack1 for giving me a solution ...I am told by a friend who believes we all keep crossing paths and some how these person's I have offende or hurt will cross my path again and then hopefully in a next life or something through spirit of wisdom or whatever I will make the better choices as for this lifetime I will let it be and move on! I'm glad I joined this forum!!!

No offence, but I'm unsure what you think gives you the right to try and go waltzing back into their lives with expectancy of hoping to pick up and where you left off.

None of these exes particularly mattered to you anyway and not one them sticks out in your mind, else you would have just mailed 'one' of them and not a few.
    Kinda tells me that you are on the lookout for someone, but you have turned to the 'familiar', rather than have to put in an effort to get to know someone new.

I suspect you have been ignored and because these women could be very happily married with children. Or, they just may have no desire to want to speak to you. 20 years is a long time, things change and people change.

No communication is communication and speaks volumes. I'd leave them alone.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 04-05-10 at 12:55 AM.