Hello,

Well it has been a while since I was last here, things kind of went south with my girlfriend and we broke up a couple of months ago. As part of the healing process I have been going out with friends, keeping occupied, etc.

It has been going on the whole very well, not been thinking of my ex really and enjoying myself.

Now the fun part, while going out with friends I have met somebody through a friend who I share a lot in common with and have really been getting on with, even to the point of staying up with her until 6 in the morning talking.

It now gets complicated, I hadn't realised she was interested in me until the friend that I met her though asked what was happening and also made a off hand remark to her and me about her dressing up a little more when she is coming out with me there than she does for him. However he also asked me what was happening between the two of us, which I said nothing as there wasn't.

Well the other night I went out with her and we were going to be meeting this friend but he got caught up and we didn't meet him until later on. She was wearing a very night black dress and looked quite sexy if I am honest, was surprised as she is usually a bit of a tom boy.

Anyway we met up eventually with this friend and all was ok, he didn't say anything but left early as he had work the following day. I walked her home and went in for a coffee while waiting for a taxi. We sat and spoke for a bit and just as I was leaving she turned round and asked me if I would like to go out on a date with her, well I was a bit taken back, though when I put it all together not surprised. I told her I had to think about it as it was a little bit complicated.

Put on top of all this my ex called me the other day saying that she is taking the breakup hard and wants to get back together, which I don't want to do as the relationship is unlikely to work out but it kind of dredged up feeling I had for her again when she said it.

So now I find myself in a situation where I have been asked out by somebody on a date who I really get on with but have never looked at in that way really as I suspect my friend likes her as I have seen how he is around her but she is not interested in him. When I told my best friend he said I hope you said no, but that is because he doesn't like her as he thinks she is really annoying but I don't find that. Then there is the fact that I was not really looking for another serious relationship at the moment, which I have told this other woman before she asked me out on a date but as she is a friend of a friend I don't want to seem like I am stringing her along.

I spoke to her tonight as she saw me online and sent a message, she seems very annoyed as I have said I am confused. I like her and really like spending time with her but it is a complicated situation and I don't want to upset out mutual friend as I suspect he likes her but she has said she is not interested.

It is all so confusing, part of me wants to see where this leads, part of me thinks I should say no as I don't want to offend my friend. I think if I do decided to pursue it I should speak to him and find out what he feels anyway.

She is not what I would have considered my type as she is a couple of years older than me but we just seem to have clicked.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am kind of stuck