+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So why might she not be answering?

So why might she not be answering?

I've been talking to this girl on facebook for well over a year now. She knows I'm interested in her, thats what got us started, but we're just sort of friends I guess. We normally talk often, but definitely not everyday. She used to respond maybe the same day or no longer than a few days, but for the past couple months its been taking her like over a week to respond to me, but she does answer back and makes some excuse. Well, now its been almost 3 weeks and still no answer but shes been active on the site and has been talking to her friends on the "wall" thing. She always says sorry and that she been busy or forgets to answer or something, but theres no excuse for not answering for 3 weeks especially if shes been on there. I even have to remind her sometimes. When we first started this she said wouldn't mind getting to know me more and that we should be friends first before anything, which I agreed with. Do you think shes loosing interest in me and doesn't want to say anything? Its not like I'm always bothering her and I know school should come first, we're both in college. Its about a 30min drive away.

Maybe she has met someone one else and feels bad about telling you. That's the impression i get, if she was interested in you in that way, then she would have responded by now. Maybe at first you were a potential but now maybe someone else is taking up that space in her mind.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She knows you're interested but it's been a YEAR and nothing has moved forward? Chances are she's over you, moved on, or got bored waiting. Your window of opprotunity closed about 51 weeks ago...

"Dislike"

Internet relationships are hard to manage, but when a girl tells you "Lets be friends first,"
    then makes no move to show you sincere interest, it's over before it began.

For all you know, she may simply have added you because she needed more neighbours for Farmville.
    Ever see that episode of "South Park", where Stan got sucked into facebook?
    Yea, don't do that.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

That's what I used to say to guys I was a bit 'iffy' about. I'm just looking for friends or 'let's just be friends, see where it goes'...knowing it aint gonna go anyplace. I said 'let's see where it goes', just to shut him up and quit bugging me. If he began pressuring, I disappeared. Sounds like that has happened here.

It's exactly like when a guy backs off....'he just is not into you' - in this situation 'she is just not into you'.....

Something is happening in her life that supersedes continuing to get to know you better. That is super harsh to hear. I know, I was in your situation earlier this year. I had went on a date with this AMAZING guy and somehow our relationship turned into a Facebook thing. Run far away. At best she's trying to be nice and "humor" you because she knows you like her and she "doesn't want to hurt your feelings because you're such a nice guy blahblahcrapblah..." At worst she's dating other guys and using you as a back up or to stroke her ego when she needs it.

Run far away. Find a new love interest. That did the trick for me!