+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Addicted...

Addicted...

Hi guys, i'm a new addition to the forum, been a stalker for far too long. but i have a huge problem in my life...

I am addicted to pot. i am a 24 year old male, who's just graduated with a 3rd due to this addiction. it just makes me feel like i dont care. i find this world broken, and find no point in things, especially in a sober mood. whats the point of the cinema? snooker? eating out? boring. but i want to change, i want to do things sober and clouded by a smoky cloud. i need help to get out of this. it's ended my 4 year relationship and i have no hope of getting back with her if i do not quit. Has anyone share this same burden? i wish things were different...

bah is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I have. It seems boring because you don't give it enough time to find out how to really enjoy life sober. Once I did, I never went back. You don't realize how powerful that mind fog is until it's lifted. Life is what you make it. Simple as that.

I think your probably need to go and see a dr. Maybe get some anti-depressants. The problem with smoking pot is while it makes you mellow and happy it also suppresses your feelings and if your already suffering from slight depression which it sounds like you are it could turn into a dangerous problem.

The great news is you realize something isn't right and you want to change. Now go and tell the dr about this.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

My high school boyfriend was addicted to pot. He quit after college. It took him forever to quit. He kept calling me to talk about it because he knew I was supportive, but I couldn't really help him except for providing moral support. He eventually got a job where he was drug tested and he HAD to quit. He didn't have what it took to do it just on his own power.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 08-05-10 at 12:32 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

I went through a loooong phase where I smoked pot for 4 years very heavily. At the worst point it was before work, on my lunch break and on my way home and all night also. I really regret that time because I lost out on so much time just numbing myself. I supressed everything and was stuck in a rut of self medicating. I ended up just one day wanting to start living life and stopped, that was about 5 years ago. You may want to consider going on an anti depressant. There are ways of leveling out your chemicals/hormones without the pot and you won't feel so bleak.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My high school boyfriend was addicted to pot. He quite after college. It took him forever to quit. He kept calling me to talk about it because he knew I was supportive, but I couldn't really help him except for providing moral support. He eventually got a job where he was drug tested and he HAD to quit. He didn't have what it took to do it just on his own power.
    What happened to him? what did he aspire to be and where is he now? do you think it's the weed that dragged him down?@

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    I went through a loooong phase where I smoked pot for 4 years very heavily. At the worst point it was before work, on my lunch break and on my way home and all night also. I really regret that time because I lost out on so much time just numbing myself. I supressed everything and was stuck in a rut of self medicating. I ended up just one day wanting to start living life and stopped, that was about 5 years ago. You may want to consider going on an anti depressant. There are ways of leveling out your chemicals/hormones without the pot and you won't feel so bleak.
    How long were the withdrawals? what was is coming off of pot?

I had no withdrawals really. I just got to the point where I was sick of being high all the time. I guess in some sense where were/are times when I just want to go numb but now I just go for a drive or shut myself in my room and listen to music. I just find other ways to lose myself.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlesstostop View Post
    What happened to him? what did he aspire to be and where is he now? do you think it's the weed that dragged him down?@
    He was an artist and he had some emotional problems that made it difficult to get through a day, or even face a day without getting high. He kept his bong next to the bed and would take a couple of hits before he even got up in the morning. After he quit, he got some job doing industrial ceramics for a while and now teaches ceramics at a college. I hope he's happy. I doubt he could be without going to therapy to deal with those emotional problems I mentioned.
    Spammer Spanker

Story of my life. Used it quite heavily to self medicate my depression/anxiety, but quit because it was a) too expensive b) Often made me quite paranoid c) Daydreamt far too much to the point I was content enough with thoughts rather than making things a reality.

Had a joint or two a week ago and I'm still suffering from withdrawals. Restlessness and constant boredom. Life really does ****ing suck.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Sounds like you have mild to severe depression which may or may not include anxiety.

Just be glad its pot that you turned to and not something like alcohol.

There are no withdrawals from pot, and there is no 'chemical' addiction. You just need to learn to enjoy life without half your brain in a comatose state. It's hard at first but you'll learn to find good and enjoyment in everything without pot.

Another thing that addicts have difficulty realizing, its OK to not be happy all the time. It's ok to be bored once in awhile. Its ok to feel sad. These are all a part of human existence. Suppressing or denying them is short changing yourself of a full life.
    Basically, you don't learn to deal with anything because you have your drug of choice to turn to. Not being an addict means being mature and dealing with the things that crop up in your life.

Not sure you should stop cold turkey but reduce intake gradually over the next few weeks.