+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So nervous...

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

So nervous...

So i've been dating my guy now for about 7 months. So recently i decided that i was gonna introduce him to my mom. Mind you, i've known his parents since the beginning. I've NEVER introduced any guy to my parents even as a friend because i've got asian parents and they've always been strict about dating even though i'm in college. I haven't let my dad in on this cuz he's sort of a wild card. Anyway i told him he should stop by my parents restaurant which he was supposed to do today and he bailed on me last minute. He asked me if i was mad and i told him i was bummed out about it but i'm not mad. And we talked a while ago and he told me he was nervous about it and he was worried about my mom liking him, which surprised me because he is very outgoing, social and he's a bouncer so it caught me by surprise tha he'd even be worried about anything. He said he feels more comfortable taking my mom and i out to dinner instead of just casually stopping by. And now, I'm nervous becauase i'm totally out of my comfort zone. Especially since my mom doesn't speak fluent english and i don't want there to be any ackward silences since my mom is not used to going to dinner to meet her daughter's boyfriends. what to do?
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Take the pair of them to restaurant serving your own peculiar ethnic cuisine, but which caters to all sorts... she's got power, he's got power... you're there... everyone is more comfortable?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    tsk tsk tsk... i know that it's just me, but i never had a problem meeting parents. i think that your guy just needs to grow some balls because as you know, i've only dated asian girls and i've had my hand full of wild cards.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I could see where he would be a little nervous. I mean I've always wanted to be accepted by my gfs families and I always have been but there has also never been any cultural or ethnic differences either. Pretty much everybody where I live is white...I only had one black girl go to school with me and that was as diversified as my school was....She hung out with me and my friends...I always thought she was a lesbian...that really has nothing to do with anything I'm kinda rambling now.

Now once I went to college obviously I ran into many more cultures and races but for whatever reason I always just ended up with white women from the midwest....not intentional...just happened that way.

Just tell him not to worry and be himself. If he is a good man then your parents will see that.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

The more you worry the harder it will be.
    http://my-funny-things.org

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'd jump at the chance to meet bo's parents.. speaking of which... i've book my direct flight to pho capitol which take is set for next week!!

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...