+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she serious or breakin' my balls?

Is she serious or breakin' my balls?

I posted a few threads previously.

There is a friend that I hooked up with about 3 weeks ago. From there it seemed like it was flowing week 1, slowing week 2 and then no contact week 3, just like that. What happened??

I saw her online last Sunday and could not hold back and sparked up the convo. She was receptive and gave the old she's been busy ect, but we should catch up when she gets back in the next few days as she was interstate at the time. We chatted for a while and had a good conversation and I ended it by saying to get in touch when she returns ect. Her reply is for sure i'll explain everything when i see you. Goodnight. xx. WTF.

This was like 5 days ago. It's basically the 3rd time she says let's meet up ect and then doesn't follow through for whatever reason. We have known each other for like 10 years and whilst not really spending a great deal of time together, we have always had a good connection. Unfortunately, her actions are causing me to grow a dislike towards her.

My question is WTF is her go??

Yeah, interesting situation.

In your place I won`t contact her for some time. And if she wants to meet you she will contact you by herself. But maybe she has smth going on in her life that she is not ready to tell you?!?
    You can never know.
    http://my-funny-things.org

What makes you think this is different from when a guy hooks up with a girl, and then won't call her? It's not. You guys hooked up, she had fun, it meant nothing more obviously. Women being the more emotional of the two of us have to ingrain it into our brains that sex does not equal love, or even strong like for that matter. If you were interested in getting to know her more, you should have postponed the physical stuff. Just because SHE wanted to jump YOU doesn't have to mean that she feels some strong connection either. Girls can have must as much string-free sex as the next guy. Sorry, dude.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get over it, she's not interested. ^ Excellent post.

Seems to be the correct course of auction is to go about your life and stop contacting her. If she wants to contact you, she will
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I can see she is not interested in that way, but why not be upfront instead of avoiding me like the plague!!

She is creating a typical situation where she is ****ing up something that was previously good (the frienship).

Her loss!!

Quote Originally Posted by somedude View Post
    I can see she is not interested in that way, but why not be upfront instead of avoiding me like the plague!!
    Because it's easier
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Adding sex or romance to any friendship tends to screw it up. It's just as much your fault as it is hers. You're a hookup now. You're not "just friends" anymore. You banged. It changes the dynamic no matter how you spin it.

You make it sound like you guys can just be friends, but here you are wondering why she isn't interested in more than just casual contact.

Bottom line, you know she's not interested. She sounds busy too. Combine her non-interest with a busy, independent life and you get this girl you're so hung up on. Let it go, man.

It's BS that it's had to flow that way.

I've brushed girls and have been brushed by girls. My point is that it usually happens when there is no connection or if you're in a relationship, not when you're friends and it's only at the start of something.

It's disappointing that girls have no issue with creating bad blood!

Its just not all girls sorry to say but some guys do this all the time and dont give a shit

[QUOTE
    It's disappointing that girls have no issue with creating bad blood![/QUOTE]

She clearly doesn't feel this "connection" that you speak of. If she did, she'd be more interested in staying in contact. Like I've said (and so many others before me) sex does not mean there is a connection, or love present. The next time you feel this strongly about a girl you should let her know that you're interested in more than just hooking up. Take the time to really get to know her. You said yourself that you guys didn't really spend a lot of time together in the first place.

Yeah, it's pretty lame that she's not being more upfront about what she wants, but I don't think she feels like she owes you an explanation since she doesn't see you in a romantic light. If you're really gonna trip over this then just grow some balls and ask her what's up. Tell her you want to take her OUT. Maybe she doesn't even know you like her as much as you do. Not all girls are crazy intuitive.

Well it turns out that i was potentially wrong. Was at a mutual friends last night and who turns up...yep!

We had a good chat and it turns out that she did want to meet me and genuinely had things going on (which was confirmed by her friend later on) and we organised dinner later in the week. She actually offered me a lift home as i had been drinking but was by no means drunk. I'm talking like 5 beers through the evening, but she was still persistant in offering. I ended up declining, haha, went back inside and then thought WTF. I'm an idiot!!

Anyway i guess i'll see how it flows from here!!

She offered to give you a ride home (meaning the two of you would have private one on one time) and you turned her down? *facepalm*