+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant Lazy Beyatch

I'd casually suggest to have your BOSS pull productivity reports. Bam. Problem solved. Its not like you work on a construction site and she's being requested to do manual labor.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Did she send you that email in all caps like that???

She's a single mother of 3 with one on the way and you feel bad? Where's the responsibility on her end when it comes to keeping her snatch shut? You're being exploited for your hospitality.

Get real, you think she's supporting those kids? Wrong, the state and your tax dollars are.

Where did your fiery side that kept people in line and accountable go!? I liked that side.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    she always keeps saying how blessed she is to even have a job.
    Yeah, she is blessed. Anyone who responds to a business email like that shouldn't be trusted with more responsibility than digging ditches.

unfortunately not. maybe i should bring it up with the BOSS.
    Are you her manager Sonrisa? If you are your boss will expect you to solve this on your own.

Since I have exams coming up on Saturday I'm going to use this for my exam preparation.

Q. How do you influence an employee falling behind on work tasks to increase her work performance?

A.

Observation

In the case study, an employee is falling behind on her work tasks stating sick leave and backlog of work as the cause. Numerous reminders and requests to clear the back log have not been complied with. However the employee has promised to clear all the urgent requests and come in on a Saturday to speed up the process.

Analysis

Vroom’s expectancy theory argues that outcomes depend on motivation of an employee to achieve results. The main question that needs to be asked therefore is how employee motivation is being managed? It is also of interest what Porter-Lawyer extensions are being applied? (i.e. What are the appropriate outcomes at work, performance needed to ensure these outcomes, what are the links of outcomes to performance, size of rewards for performance and feedback?). Since these details are unknown the suggestion is to use elements of goal setting theory in the improvement plan.
    It is unclear from the case study what kind of reward system and behaviour reinforcement strategy is in place to manage the employee’s performance. For instance is positive reinforcement – reward, avoidance, punishment or extinction being applied? On what intervals (fixed or variable) is it being applied? And what are the reward systems in place to enforce it? (Attitude rewards, behavioural rewards, merit system rewards or incentive rewards system).
    It is also unclear what type of power and influence is being used to encourage employee’s performance. The evidence observed in the case study suggests that authoritative power is being used (employee is being asked to perform her duties) to achieve compliance (to get her work done). French and Raven (1959) argue that authority power although widely used is not always the best type of influence to achieve results and they recommend 5 other types of influences that may be relevant in this situation. Kelman (1959) argues that compliance is the lowest type of positive result that can be achieved from an employee (the only two lower are non compliance and resistance) and there are at least two other higher level outcomes that can be achieved through the use of combined spheres of influence

Improvement Plan

Since the type of motivation management in the case study is unknown it is recommended to introduce a summary of appropriate work outcomes in a form of company policy to the employee. The employee needs to be aware that it is expected of her to put effort necessary to ensure achievement of these outcomes. The employee also needs to be aware of rewards she will receive if the outcomes are reached consistently and what detriments to expect if they are not. This document should also include the management process she will be subject to. Goal setting theory recommends to establish a purposeful action by which specificity and difficulty of tasks will be revealed from the outset, commitment established and feedback from the manager received at task conclusion.
    Since it is unclear what type of reward system and motivation reinforcement strategy is used in the case study the suggestion is to introduce behavioural reinforcement through the use of non monetary rewards (e.g. recognition of effort) for successful task completion and punishments (such as feedback requesting improvement or formal warnings) on a regular interval.
    It is recommended to switch from the current compliance enforcement to higher levels of influence achievement and only scale back if it is not possible to achieve a result. Kelman (1958) argues that identification and internalization of tasks is a much more productive influence result that will ensure the employee does not just comply with tasks completion, but becomes self motivated to ensure their optimum completion. Such result can not be achieved through the use of authority power since by its nature it encourages only compliance or passive resistance. The suggestion is to start with a referent power source and to use a personal appeal strategy to target the employee’s internalization of the work load. The manager at this stage may want to examine the employee’s internal values and then attempt to link the values of an employee to the work they perform. For instance a person who values well being of children working for a children’s medical organisation may be internally motivated to perform their duties well to ensure a better treatment of children based on their personal values and not on the pay linked to their performance. The internal values are unique to each individual and it is up to the manager’s discretion to find them out and use them when necessary.
    All of the above suggestions constitute elements of ‘Management By Objectives’ theory (MBO) in the workplace, a formalisation of workplan construction, feedback and refinement, performance appraisal and judgement. However a higher result may be achieved through the application of ‘Behavioural Self Management’ theory (BSM) that encourages employees to Self Regulate, (self monitor, self evaluate and self reinforce) observe and implement Situational Cues (Goals, self contract, attention, focus) and manage Contingent Consequences.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    thank you guys, I just really needed to vent and get other opinions. i feel so heartless even thinking of letting her go.
    and she always keeps saying how blessed she is to even have a job.
    Of course she's blessed, she's an incompetent slut who probably has a hundred much better qualified people that are jobless and would love to replace her.

She's one lucky bitch.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Did she send you that email in all caps like that???

She's a single mother of 3 with one on the way and you feel bad? Where's the responsibility on her end when it comes to keeping her snatch shut? You're being exploited for your hospitality.

Get real, you think she's supporting those kids? Wrong, the state and your tax dollars are.

Where did your fiery side that kept people in line and accountable go!? I liked that side.
    exactly she always writes in caps comic san bolded. it drives me nuts.

she has 3 kids from different fathers, the olders child is 16, and she 32 just like i am.

now we have a good family man who dumped his wife and 2 kids for her and she is pregnant with his child. i used to talk to his wife all the time cuz she works for an attorney's office that i deal with on a regular basis.
    one day he just came in and asked me not to talk to her about him anymore. i felt like crap. cuz he was the one preaching about families and God and how important all of that is to him, and ta da.
    i kinda despise him now for dumping his family, i know E. is a beautiful girl but to me family always comes first.
    you know when he was sick, i did everything for him, called doctors, scheduled appontments, managed his diet. stupid ass.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Of course she's blessed, she's an incompetent slut who probably has a hundred much better qualified people that are jobless and would love to replace her.

She's one lucky bitch.
    we had at least 100 people come in to interview for her position and she was chosen on her appearance and communication skills.
    i am starting to think that we should've chosen a less attractive person who doesn't have great speaking skills.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Are you her manager Sonrisa? If you are your boss will expect you to solve this on your own.

Since I have exams coming up on Saturday I'm going to use this for my exam preparation.

Q. How do you influence an employee falling behind on work tasks to increase her work performance?

A.

Observation

In the case study, an employee is falling behind on her work tasks stating sick leave and backlog of work as the cause. Numerous reminders and requests to clear the back log have not been complied with. However the employee has promised to clear all the urgent requests and come in on a Saturday to speed up the process.

Analysis

Vroom’s expectancy theory argues that outcomes depend on motivation of an employee to achieve results. The main question that needs to be asked therefore is how employee motivation is being managed? It is also of interest what Porter-Lawyer extensions are being applied? (i.e. What are the appropriate outcomes at work, performance needed to ensure these outcomes, what are the links of outcomes to performance, size of rewards for performance and feedback?). Since these details are unknown the suggestion is to use elements of goal setting theory in the improvement plan.
    It is unclear from the case study what kind of reward system and behaviour reinforcement strategy is in place to manage the employee’s performance. For instance is positive reinforcement – reward, avoidance, punishment or extinction being applied? On what intervals (fixed or variable) is it being applied? And what are the reward systems in place to enforce it? (Attitude rewards, behavioural rewards, merit system rewards or incentive rewards system).
    It is also unclear what type of power and influence is being used to encourage employee’s performance. The evidence observed in the case study suggests that authoritative power is being used (employee is being asked to perform her duties) to achieve compliance (to get her work done). French and Raven (1959) argue that authority power although widely used is not always the best type of influence to achieve results and they recommend 5 other types of influences that may be relevant in this situation. Kelman (1959) argues that compliance is the lowest type of positive result that can be achieved from an employee (the only two lower are non compliance and resistance) and there are at least two other higher level outcomes that can be achieved through the use of combined spheres of influence

Improvement Plan

Since the type of motivation management in the case study is unknown it is recommended to introduce a summary of appropriate work outcomes in a form of company policy to the employee. The employee needs to be aware that it is expected of her to put effort necessary to ensure achievement of these outcomes. The employee also needs to be aware of rewards she will receive if the outcomes are reached consistently and what detriments to expect if they are not. This document should also include the management process she will be subject to. Goal setting theory recommends to establish a purposeful action by which specificity and difficulty of tasks will be revealed from the outset, commitment established and feedback from the manager received at task conclusion.
    Since it is unclear what type of reward system and motivation reinforcement strategy is used in the case study the suggestion is to introduce behavioural reinforcement through the use of non monetary rewards (e.g. recognition of effort) for successful task completion and punishments (such as feedback requesting improvement or formal warnings) on a regular interval.
    It is recommended to switch from the current compliance enforcement to higher levels of influence achievement and only scale back if it is not possible to achieve a result. Kelman (1958) argues that identification and internalization of tasks is a much more productive influence result that will ensure the employee does not just comply with tasks completion, but becomes self motivated to ensure their optimum completion. Such result can not be achieved through the use of authority power since by its nature it encourages only compliance or passive resistance. The suggestion is to start with a referent power source and to use a personal appeal strategy to target the employee’s internalization of the work load. The manager at this stage may want to examine the employee’s internal values and then attempt to link the values of an employee to the work they perform. For instance a person who values well being of children working for a children’s medical organisation may be internally motivated to perform their duties well to ensure a better treatment of children based on their personal values and not on the pay linked to their performance. The internal values are unique to each individual and it is up to the manager’s discretion to find them out and use them when necessary.
    All of the above suggestions constitute elements of ‘Management By Objectives’ theory (MBO) in the workplace, a formalisation of workplan construction, feedback and refinement, performance appraisal and judgement. However a higher result may be achieved through the application of ‘Behavioural Self Management’ theory (BSM) that encourages employees to Self Regulate, (self monitor, self evaluate and self reinforce) observe and implement Situational Cues (Goals, self contract, attention, focus) and manage Contingent Consequences.
    i might have to steal it if you don't mind

i think you should sit her down and have a talk with her first before you decide. let her know that her letter was unprofessional. that she is writing for work and not a text message to her teenage child. emails are so impersonal. let her know that she needs a better system of organization and she needs to step it up. being pregnant and having kids is no excuse to act like a child over email. i think you'll feel better after a nice sit down chat with her. if she decides to give you attitude when you're trying to help her out then maybe if you have to fire her you'll feel more justified in doing it.

some people need you to tell them what it is, you know?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

exactly she always writes in caps comic san bolded. it drives me nuts.

she has 3 kids from different fathers, the olders child is 16, and she 32 just like i am.

now we have a good family man who dumped his wife and 2 kids for her and she is pregnant with his child. i used to talk to his wife all the time cuz she works for an attorney's office that i deal with on a regular basis.
    one day he just came in and asked me not to talk to her about him anymore. i felt like crap. cuz he was the one preaching about families and God and how important all of that is to him, and ta da.
    i kinda despise him now for dumping his family, i know E. is a beautiful girl but to me family always comes first.
    you know when he was sick, i did everything for him, called doctors, scheduled appontments, managed his diet. stupid ass.
    Its funny how the ones that talk so highly on morals and values break them so quickly. I work with a guy who is always preaching Christianity to everybody and how much he hates gay people and he is a huge Republican. He is always complaining about the social policies like welfare and food stamps but then he cheats on his taxes and doesn't see a problem with that.

I'm like don't you know not only is that stealing which is a sin because it does say in the bible give unto Caesar what is Caesar's....but its also very unpatriotic to withhold tax money from the government.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Fire her. Those children aren't your responsibility. You don't have to fret over their wellbeing. That's her job. She isn't doing a very good job of it. Don't let that kind of shit get to you.
    ^This. I know it sucks but frankly, an unproductive worker will cost the company more than her going on EI. Get someone who can actually do the job.

Mish is right tho, you need to give her a written warning. Nowadays, you can't just go firing ppl, you have to justify your actions.

i might have to steal it if you don't mind
    It's all yours
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

over here, you need two warnings before you can befired (unless you do something major)
    so maybe give her a warning and that can be her sign to fix up?
    and if she doesn't then fire her ass - because over here you get 9months maternity leave which is paid.. so not only will you have to pay her for doing nothing you will also need to pay someone to replace her!!

fix up or fired
    Last edited by PussyCatDoll; 11-05-10 at 11:30 PM.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't feel sorry for her. IT's not your fault that she can't keep her VAGINA shot!! She must be a slut. 3 kids ,one on the way and she doesn't even have bf? She should have learned till now to not make a baby with a guy that might dump you before the baby even comes to the world. And how she writes,OMFG, I would go to her desk and slap her face. She should go back to the Elementary School ... And then, I'm wondering why people without "computer skills" on an official document (read-secretary) aren't given the job which could be done by a 15 year old girl. Oh my oh my oh my...
    I wazzzz here

You should let her go so she can find a job that she is better suited for. Despite common opinion here on the forum stupid people deserve life too sometimes. Maybe she should make peanut butter sandwiches for a living or paper mache bowls. Either way working in your office is not her calling and you aren't doing her any favors by keeping her there. View your firing of her stupid a** as a gift. Now she can move on to find her true calling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast