+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How did this get SO COMPICATED?!

How did this get SO COMPICATED?!

hey all, i wanna say before i start, thanks for reading. your advice means the world to me.

In high school i had a crush on my best female friend (also probably my best friend). We had a lot n common in terms of histories and life situations and we proved to just be one of those once or twice in a life time friendships. anyways as time went by i thought about her less and less but still had some feelings for her that never totally went away. this was all back in 2008-2009. come september 2009, she totally stops talking to me. She wont respond to anything I say.
    Time goes by and i meet this wonderful beautiful smart funny blue eyed love. We begin dating in november 2009. I fall totally in love with this new girl, and while some old feelings remain for this old girl they are not significant and are dwarfed by my new girlfriend.
    About 4 months into the relationship, my old best friend and old crush sends me a message and briefly we become like old time best friends for a few days. She tells me shes been diagnosed with bipolar and depressive disorders and her life is falling apart. I tell her im here for her and her best friend (although im now 1,000 miles away from her, im in miami, shes in NY). During this brief few days of being friends again she asks me if i ever liked her? i said yes, i did. she asks me if i DO, i say no.

Although i said no to her, i still had some old old feelings for her, and i said no because im totally in love with my new girlfriend and i dont want to risk anything with her. (this is all on facebook). Then a few days later she totally stops responding to me again. After she told me what a horribly difficult time she is going through i become very worried about her and really want to know she is ok. I eventually send her a message in desperation to know that shes ok, that i actually do have some residual feelings for her but that i am totally loyal to my new girlfriend, but even that fails, no response.

months go by, then one day my girlfriend decides it would be a good idea to go through all my sent messages on my facebook account since i accidentally stayed logged in. Of course she finds the messages and explodes. My girlfriend admits that she knows that i love her, but thinks that i could still actually still be in love with this old girl (who i never dated or made any move on whatso ever).

What do you all think? i am totally lost, all i can tell my New GF of 6 months that i love her with all my heart and would NOT want to be with the other girl who is a 1,000 miles away. i dont think she believes me. Even in the message she read it says that while i do have feelings for the old girl, i love my new GF and would deffinitely stay loyal and with her. My new GF says shes not sure abotu US anymore and she has to think about it all... what do I do? Is she right to break up with me? Is she wrong since im doing the right thing by being loyal to her even though i might have old feelings for someone?

ANY commentary or advice, or if you just wanna say hey, id be thankful. its really tough right now ... i feel so perplexed by life... or any clarity questions, i know its long

You guys are too young to take any of this seriously. So the new GF thinks you have feelings for the old crush. So what? You already made your case. This will always come up when you two argue.
    It's not like the end of the world. Just enjoy yourselves while you are still young and immature. Ignorance is bliss. If she can't handle the emotions, then say good bye. Life is too short to get hung
    up on kids play. Before you know it, you'd be married with kids and life will have passed you by. Don't waste time being confused and stuff. It's not like anyone was dying.
    When I was your age, about 18 years ago, I was a total fool.... I wish I could have my 18 years back so I could redo what I had messed up on. I basically fell in love way too young.
    What was I thinking?

thanks for your advice kaius, i really appreciate your time and response. makes me feel a bit better ^_^
    Cigarette free for 6 months.

Here is the new situation. we have finally talked about the situation and she says she has lost her trust in me and cannot see being with me if i continue to be friends with my old highschool brestfriend/crush because of the trust issues that she has for what ever reasons. so she says she wants to be with me but understands if i am not willing to give up my old highschool friendship in order to be with her. even if i DID, i dont think i would be the same person and i think it would start a submissive pattern and eventually she would fall out of love with me anyway since i am so submissive. that being said, i really do not want to give up the friendship, but i dont want to give up the relationship with my current girlfriend.

Do you guys think i should try and find a middle ground and ask her to stop the ultimatum and lets work on the trust issues? if she refuses this then i am really only left with ending the relationship because giving in would not only burn an important bridge to me, but like i said probably change the nature of our relationship and turn into something unhealth... what are your guys' thoughts?
    Cigarette free for 6 months.