+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: would you forgive a cheater?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    .. a "nice asshole" is an oxymoron.......unless of course you're talking about an actual ass hole which can be nice
    I just want to take a moment to mention how much i enjoy Incognito's presence on this forum.
    Spammer Spanker

LOL. Thank you, I wish I could show you my big cheese smile. You are one of the others on my short list of people who I really enjoy, have respect for, and always love reading their posts.
    Last edited by Incognito; 18-05-10 at 04:27 AM.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    As the title asks.

edit: thats apparently a one off?
    Ooh boy, this. Having never gone through this before, either on the giving or receiving end, I honestly don't know. Hopefully I will never have to find out.

That said, one has to wonder what our social mores have done to worsen this problem. Let's face it, people, we are a rather promiscuous species, yet we tell each other to pursue monogamy. Something just doesn't add up there.

I can forgive some lies but if a guy go as far as cheating then I wouldn't take him back. He could've infected me with STDS and the thought of him being with another girl while he is with me would break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    Let's face it, people, we are a rather promiscuous species...
    Where is your scientific evidence?

I've actually been putting this nice guy theory to the test... you know, in the name of science. I've been experimenting by approaching women with different apparent personalities, and noting the results. I've found that acting cocky and focusing my conversation points on the girl's personal appearance significantly increases my chances of getting laid. My theory for the reason behind this is that many girls secretly enjoy being taken advantage of.

Now, I don't want to be acting this way all the time. I would prefer to be myself and form an honest, serious relationship. But in the meantime, I'm ****ing horny. It sucks for the rare girl who would actually like me for who I am, but she should take that up with the rest of the female population, because I am simply unwilling to go for months or years at a time without having sex.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    I've actually been putting this nice guy theory to the test... you know, in the name of science. I've been experimenting by approaching women with different apparent personalities, and noting the results. I've found that acting cocky and focusing my conversation points on the girl's personal appearance significantly increases my chances of getting laid. My theory for the reason behind this is that many girls secretly enjoy being taken advantage of.
    Are they more likely to be ditzy, insecure, and/or bitches tho? I'd bet yes.

In a word, no.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Are they more likely to be ditzy, insecure, and/or bitches tho? I'd bet yes.
    Doesn't matter if I'm only having sex with them.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    I can forgive some lies but if a guy go as far as cheating then I wouldn't take him back. He could've infected me with STDS and the thought of him being with another girl while he is with me would break my heart.
    That is actually my biggest fear about cheating, not heartbreak.

Where is your scientific evidence?
    Oh where do we start...[url=http://catb.org/~esr/writings/promiscuity.html]Here's[/url] a good summary of some of the main tenets.

I've heard this argument before. That we aren't meant to be with one person. That we should spread our seed. OR, divorce rates are so high because we allow premarital sex and spreading of the seed. etc. etc.

But the way I look at it, you test drive a lot of cars before you pick one to keep. If its a crappy car that lets you down you sell it and move on. If its a good car you keep it for life and take care of it. Once your car has been stolen it never feels like yours again and you invariably will sell it.

Its a lot like relationships in my opinion. Always moving forward and up. It's my new life motto. That and saying yes to almost everything.

I mean, if the first car I ever owned was a gremlin and I didn't know anything else I'd probably love it till I died, but I wouldn't be as happy as if I had tried out a bunch of cars and stuck with the one I liked... There ARE good people out there who will fall in love with someone and not decide to trade up later... they're pretty rare I think though.
    Last edited by Cosmo; 18-05-10 at 11:37 AM.

I'd forgive a cheater, but I'd break up with them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    I just dont understand men sometimes, its not as though he wasnt getting any- we were having a LOT!
    I agree with the notion that you don't understand men. You didn't understand this man who warned you not to go ahead with it right from the start. Since you have a history of making poor partner choices, please listen to the people who try to help you and who want to see you back on your feet.

As far as this "friend" goes, do you even need to ask? Get rid of him asap. But for the future remember where these things lead to so it doesn't repeat. A good relationship is build on a good foundation, there was no foundation here from the very beginning (as well as in the previous one).
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    . He could've infected me with STDS

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    That is actually my biggest fear about cheating, not heartbreak.

thats what condoms are for.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Good thing that condoms completely cover everything and never break. Oh, wait...
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yes, I maybe hurt as a mf*** but I will forgive.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast