+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Body Language

Body Language

Im trying to work out if I girl I talk to is interested in me or just being friendly. Maybe im trying to read more into it because I like her, which will mean she probably taken.

Have talked to her quite a few times, always seems happy enough to chat when called in her small office, probably just to avoid working.It used to just be a hello dropped some stuff off and go. Certain people I find I couldn't talk to and not know what about. I did make the effort to get into conversation however it was when she was on her own, much more comfortable incase others are judging my motives lol. A while ago I got talking to her about my pets and showed her them at work so came down to see them.

Times afterwards chatting has asked about them too so its always a good conversation point and always managed to ask questions n learn little bits about her, however theres never been any clue to if she is single or not or if she lives with anyone. Have been hoping to pick up on something to save myself the embarrassment. She went on holiday recently, again I was hoping to hear who she went with but nothing haha.

A day or so ago I caught her in the corridor n was chatting,well mostly me but not excessively, she seemed interested and I realised that seemed to be stood fairly close together and that when giving eye contact when talking it was prolonged, so much so that I thought I should look away for a second but at the same time when looking back she didn't seem to bothered.even looked her in her eye for what seemed too long while talking just to see if she looked away, however i did. It got me thinking about body language and wondered could these be helpful hints

Strangely when talking to other female friends ive never noticed the amount of eye contact between them, im sure i read somewhere that usually its very little and that prolonged has more meaning

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should just ask... and not like "do you have a bf"?

Next time she's chatting about what she did or where she went casually ask "Oh, did your boyfriend take you to see/ do that?" Or something like that. Just innocently 'assume' she has a bf, and let her correct you. Hopefully if she's single it will be "no, I don't have a bf I went with my friend..."

Pets are a nice way to talk casually and find out more information. If she's interested in your animals, perhaps she has the same or is interested in getting. Have you asked her this? If they're dogs, a dogpark is a nice place to casually get to know someone better.

As for finding out if she has a significant other, did you see any pics in her office? Very few women don't put pics or some kind of indicator in their work space. If not, ask about her animal situation, such as, "do you and your SO take ___ to the dogpark?" "Does your cat snuggle with you or your SO more?" Something like that.

Good luck.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pets are awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've been able to successfully break the ice with a girl by bringing up my bird and then asking if she has any pets. Best. Ice Breaker. Ever. You go from stranger to warm and friendly while instantly skipping the myriad of "creepy-dude" pitfalls typically flooding those awkward initial conversations. Guy who loves animals couldn't possibly have a drum of acid stuffed with body parts concealed in his bedroom closet, right?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I don't think I'd read into the prolonged eye contact. She sounds too comfortable with you and I'm thinking if she mega had the hots for you, she'd be kinda looking but looking away and a tad flustered or shy maybe....in a hurry to get away.

Or am I the only one who acts that way around 'hot' guys?...lol

LOL @ Girl68......Yeah and as soon as he mentions a bf, she will know immediatley he is interested if she ain't dumb.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ SO? At least he found out and will not sit and ponder for hours and hours. So what if she knows he was interested that don't mean shit unless he ACTS on it after he finds out. Unless she's super bitch she'll be flattered and won't let it change a thing.

^I said what I said in humour, hence the LOL at the beginning.

I think it's one of the easiest ways for a guy to make a girl aware of his interest and I've had one or two bring my bf into a conversation, when they were not sure I had one or not. But I'd known why they brought up the subject. It's a common thing guys will do and to check whether a female is available.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ okay opps... but yeah makes me feel nice when they try and pose the "bf question". And even nicer when they spit out something along the lines of lucky guy. So long as after thats mention he resumes respectful boundries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Pets are awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've been able to successfully break the ice with a girl by bringing up my bird and then asking if she has any pets. Best. Ice Breaker. Ever. You go from stranger to warm and friendly while instantly skipping the myriad of "creepy-dude" pitfalls typically flooding those awkward initial conversations. Guy who loves animals couldn't possibly have a drum of acid stuffed with body parts concealed in his bedroom closet, right?
    Well... I don't have a walk-in closet at my current place.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post

LOL @ Girl68......Yeah and as soon as he mentions a bf, she will know immediatley he is interested if she ain't dumb.
    if you say it straight off sure but If you know how to properly social engineer a conversation you can get all the info you need out of a person without them even thinking twice about it

I had hoped during conversations it would come out if had a BF but it hasnt. I know where she lives but she didnt give any further details on who with and she went on holiday recently and again nothing. not even a mention of a friend.

Am sure she wouldnt act badly if i asked her the personal question of is she single and wasnt. i just dont think ive got the bottle to do it.

No it would be a compliment. no big deal just a slight awkward moment at most.

Your post (and the hundreds just like it) just gave me an idea for a new product: Rejection Insurance! Here's how it works ... you just simply ask a girl you like out. If she turns you down, you get a date with a hottie from the insurance company.

Seriously, if you like her, just ask her out. If she's a decent girl and she isn't interested, or she already is in a relationship, she'll turn you down, and she will tell you why. BIG FRICKIN' DEAL.

I find all this attempt at "prequalification" to avoid rejection to be very amusing, and a total waste of effort. If she has a boyfriend, she SHOULD turn you down of course ... I just don't see the risk of an ego-bruise from that.

Carl.

id only eva ask if it was on a one-to-one scenario. either in my office or hers. after brief chit chat maybe try b slot it in near the end

I think the first thing you need to do is to build your confidence. To master the art of successful flirting, you have to feel good about yourself first. Be confident, be yourself or else you will look deceitful or desperate and i will suggest you visit titobay.blogspot.com and read the topic 'How to use body Language to Flirt'. I believe you'd pick a thing or two. Goodluck