+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do guys care more about what their partner looks like than girls do?

Do guys care more about what their partner looks like than girls do?

The thread title should be enough, I've got nothing more to say.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is not enough of a post to answer.

Yes. Girls just care about penis size.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Giga, don't forget the size of the wallet.

Oh, yeah. We're pretty much pants-centered, including the pockets.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I look for big bulges, and it better not be in the gut.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Overall?

Yeah, probably.

Depends on the person and it doesn't really matter what you are packing between your legs. I mean in order to be in a relationship you have to find the person you are with attractive but at the same time what is attractive is different for every person.

I knew a woman who thought Drew Carey was the sexiest man in the world and only dated guys that looked like him...I didn't get it she had an amazing body and beautiful face...its just what she is into.

Me personally I think many different types of women are beautiful....generally the quickest quality that can make me completely unattracted to a woman is simply stupidity/ignorance....or an irritating laugh.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    what is attractive is different for every person.

I knew a woman who thought Drew Carey was the sexiest man in the world and only dated guys that looked like him...I didn't get it she had an amazing body and beautiful face...its just what she is into.

Soooo true. anytime I see a dirty blond guy with sunglasses playing Frisbee or something like that I instantly think he is a self absorbed asshole. If a guy is sarcastic and got a geek vibe going for him I am instantly attracted to him.

If I were to choose by looks alone I would go for mediocre looking guys because I consider myself mediocre and I dont need any guy thinking they could do better than me ;P Yet as stereotypical as it sounds I prefer choosing by personality because if I date any guy long enough then he becomes the most attractive guy to me -_-

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Soooo true. anytime I see a dirty blond guy with sunglasses playing Frisbee or something like that I instantly think he is a self absorbed asshole. If a guy is sarcastic and got a geek vibe going for him I am instantly attracted to him.

If I were to choose by looks alone I would go for mediocre looking guys because I consider myself mediocre and I dont need any guy thinking they could do better than me ;P Yet as stereotypical as it sounds I prefer choosing by personality because if I date any guy long enough then he becomes the most attractive guy to me -_-
    Honestly I think the same thing about guys like that....every time me and my gf see a guy lookin like he was pulled out of an Amercrombie catalogue one of us usually says something like "douche", or "tool"...I know he could be a nice guy but usually those guys have their head so far up their own asses they aren't. I hate people who try to be cool....just be yourself and don't be afraid to admit your into the lamest shit...its that kind of stuff that makes you interesting and cool.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

I know. That is a huge reason why I dont get jealous much, because if my boyfriend and I see some chick thats really attractive, we both assume she has zero intelligence and cares about looks alone.
    For me to feel threatened you have to have a nice body, really pretty face and hair, be athletic, intelligent and be laid back. Needless to say I dont feel threatened much, which is kindve sad..

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    I know. That is a huge reason why I dont get jealous much, because if my boyfriend and I see some chick thats really attractive, we both assume she has zero intelligence and cares about looks alone.
    Why assume and if someone is really attractive, that they have zero intelligence?

Dumbos are to be found among the attractive and the less appealing to the eye.
    Just as intelligent people are to be found among the attractive and not so attractive.

And in the presence of a 'hot' woman, men don't really care whether she may be a bimbo or not. He's more thinking that he'd like to bed her, rather than be thinking "I wonder how intelligent she is".....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Why assume and if someone is really attractive, that they have zero intelligence?

Dumbos are to be found among the attractive and the less appealing to the eye.
    Just as intelligent people are to be found among the attractive and not so attractive.

And in the presence of a 'hot' woman, men don't really care whether she may be a bimbo or not. He's more thinking that he'd like to bed her, rather than be thinking "I wonder how intelligent she is".....LOL
    Honestly I have to disagree I have to find a woman intelligent. I was with my parents a few months back and a beautiful woman was talking to me and I was flirting with her and she said the dumbest thing I've ever heard and that was it...I was done. My parents were laughing at me cause they could tell as soon as she said that I had decided I wasn't interested.

I find that I'd rather have an average looking intelligent and funny woman than the most beautiful retard you can find.

Wat me and BTR were talkin about was that there is that group of people who just dress a certain way and act a certain way that is just really ****ing annoying....You've seen the Ambercrombie and Finch catalogs right?

I mean I don't know her personally but from her descriptions of herself I think we generally fall into about the same crowd....I'm just making a guess here.

But me and my friends find things interesting that are unusual, nerdy, under the table, not well known.

I'd rather see the things that are underground and hidden as opposed to the things that everybody else walks into and looks at everyday....its just boring and overdone.

I agree good looking people are not all stupid. I find myself both intelligent and good looking but I'm not a self absorbed d-bag....and thats the quality I most dislike about the people we are talking about.

I had a conversation with a guy not long ago who is about 60 now. He is homeless, was in Vietnam, spent some time in Ireland. He knew almost as much about history as I did and I have a degree in it....he just had amazing stories, whether real or not he is an interesting guy.

Then I met a guy the other night who dresses like I was describing but I talked to him anyways and he wanted to talk music. I mentioned I was going to see Norma Jean and Everytime I die... Then I said I'm also gonna go see the Dead Weather...once again he said he knew who they were...but after talking to him longer it was quite clear he didn't know what the **** I was talking about...he was trying to be cool. I would have rather the guy just said "I don't know who that is"....its that act of trying to be cool that pisses me off....just be yourself.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

I think so, cause we can be more interested in who they are (assuming they're clean and groomed and all, haha) and what they do, where guys have to get past the looks in order to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Honestly I have to disagree I have to find a woman intelligent. I was with my parents a few months back and a beautiful woman was talking to me and I was flirting with her and she said the dumbest thing I've ever heard and that was it...I was done. My parents were laughing at me cause they could tell as soon as she said that I had decided I wasn't interested.
    I wasn't saying that some men don't want intelligence in a woman.
    What I was saying, is that when a guy sees a woman for the very first time who he thinks is stunning, (before he has even spoken to her), he is more likely to be thinking he'd like to bed her, rather than be thinking 'I'd like a long term relationship with her'.....
    If there is interest after the physical attraction and he's wanting to pursue, then of course he is going to be looking for other qualities that he likes....

To write a beautfiul woman off as having 'zero intelligence' (as bluetippedrose and her bf do) and before she has even opened her mouth, is IMO PATHETIC........

I find that I'd rather have an average looking intelligent and funny woman than the most beautiful retard you can find.
    As would most men, I would imagine.....

Wat me and BTR were talkin about was that there is that group of people who just dress a certain way and act a certain way that is just really ****ing annoying....You've seen the Ambercrombie and Finch catalogs right?
    No I havn't actually, I'm in the UK, so I don't have a clue what Finch and Ambercrombie is.

However, I'm thinking that you still can't judge people based upon something simple as the kind of clothing they may wear, or the hairstyle they may have, etc.

I kinda used to be the same in that I would judge people upon appearance and write them off as being 'one and the same'. But when I got to know some of these people, I was pleasantly surprised. They were unlike I'd imagined them to be....

I agree good looking people are not all stupid. I find myself both intelligent and good looking but I'm not a self absorbed d-bag....and thats the quality I most dislike about the people we are talking about.
    As I said, I made my post in reply to bluetipped roses comment, in that she and her bf stereotype ALL attractive women as having 'zero intelligence'. And I would disagree that all attractive people are 'self absorbed'....some are, some are not.
    Some of the most attractive people I have ever known, have been people who do not even realise they are attractive and while not 'arrogant' and 'self absorbed', they instead have possessed a 'quiet confidence'......

I had a conversation with a guy not long ago who is about 60 now. He is homeless, was in Vietnam, spent some time in Ireland. He knew almost as much about history as I did and I have a degree in it....he just had amazing stories, whether real or not he is an interesting guy.

Then I met a guy the other night who dresses like I was describing but I talked to him anyways and he wanted to talk music. I mentioned I was going to see Norma Jean and Everytime I die... Then I said I'm also gonna go see the Dead Weather...once again he said he knew who they were...but after talking to him longer it was quite clear he didn't know what the **** I was talking about...he was trying to be cool. I would have rather the guy just said "I don't know who that is"....its that act of trying to be cool that pisses me off....just be yourself.
    You actually spoke to these two different people though and judged them based upon spending time in their presence and talking to them.

You didn't simply didn't spot them in a crowd and jump to the conclusion that the Vietnamese guy was trash and the Ambercrombie guy was a dickhead.....which I'm thinking bluetippedrose may have done.

I don't think we can judge anyone and until we do what you did, which is to make some effort to get to know them and then perhaps form an opinion.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 16-05-10 at 08:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast