+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do guys care more about what their partner looks like than girls do?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post

Conversley, if a guy is with a girl more attractive than he is, people assume he's a bit of a legend.
    What about the "conversely, if a girl is with a guy more attractive than she is, she is rich..." Sometimes I contemplate being a man-whore. Alas, I am not nearly suave enough and probably wouldn't like it if it happened.

I think BTR is onto something with being able to tell a bit about a person by their looks, dress, and all that. As far as the Abercrombie and Fitch thing goes, they probably think it is some sort of qualifier, just like some people believe being unique is a qualifier. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but you know, like a free cool-pass. Be unique, fit in, but be yourself - I like women who like themselves.

To answer the OP: I do like to admire a pretty woman, and probably do more gazing than a woman might. I think guys care more, I do... I kinda wish I didn't.
    Last edited by MonLob; 25-06-10 at 11:44 AM.

I think guys will always look at the girl's look but they won't overdo it. MAybe most of the beauties are mean or has zero intelligence?

Not necessarily. Girls care about appearance too
    But depends on who they are as a person
    But its always good to go for personality too
    But if they were super unattractive there is a limit
    Both are a lucky strike

sometimes guys prefer to date slim girls, because my boyfriend asked me to reduce weight in order to look proportional (I don't know if he means it but I think my weight is still in normal numbers)
    find your soulmate at www.datebeach.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gaby09 View Post
    I think guys will always look at the girl's look but they won't overdo it. MAybe most of the beauties are mean or has zero intelligence?
    Thats kindve what I was saying. If you see a great looking girl, a guy would think "Wow that girl is gorgeous!!" where the less intelligent (or more horny) males would leave it at that and try to pursue her the greater intelligent males are thinking "Wow that girl is gorgeous!! whats the catch..."

especially if she has no boyfriend. Not all supermodel-type woman are bitches im sure, but there has to be something they're hiding that brings them to "our level." Be it psycho-clinginess, super-jealousy, baggage, slut or just a plain bitch.

Yes, guys care more about what their partner looks like than girls do. Sometime it is depend on guys. Guys have also heart and in that heart so many feelings. Guys are also roamntic and caring But main problem with guys is that they never know how to express their feelings. Otherwise they are also so caring for their partners.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by singlelady View Post
    sometimes guys prefer to date slim girls, because my boyfriend asked me to reduce weight in order to look proportional (I don't know if he means it but I think my weight is still in normal numbers)
    I hope you're no longer with him. That's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Men care more about looks than women. For two reasons:

1. Biological wiring.

2. Status.

because men derive status from the attractiveness of their partner. Women don't so much. Women derive status from their own attractiveness.

If a woman is with a male of much lesser attractiveness, people will generally assume it's because he has a great personality or is rich.

If a man is with a woman of substantially lesser attractiveness people generally think it's because he's a loser, and he can't do better.

Conversley, if a guy is with a girl more attractive than he is, people assume he's a bit of a legend.
    When an attractive guy is with an ugly girl I assume she has a great personality, and when a guy is with a prettier girl I assume she has a bad personality/ can't keep a more attractive guy entertained who has more options of what woman to have.. I don't think all men view woman as trophies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234