+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice from Introvert Guys

Need advice from Introvert Guys

Are introverted guys like every other guy that if they were interested in someone they would constantly talk to them or would they still be withdrawn even though they liked the person?

If some guy could please answer me back, it would help, especially the last question.
    Last edited by youlf; 17-05-10 at 09:04 AM.

Introvert or not if a guy is interested then he couldnt get enough of you. I notice you keep initiating conversation. If I were you I would pull back a bit and let him come to you.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    An introvert will want to be alone with you, not alone period.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Yea I'm fairly introverted...I like my alone time but like Gribble said, I like being alone with my gf just as much as I like being just alone....but I also love her and she makes me very happy.

You guys aren't there yet so its hard to say. I suppose when I first meet somebody I have a tendency to pursue but thats just the way I think things are done....after awhile if a woman is still making me chase then I walk away and assume she doesn't want me to catch her. Maybe you should let him chase after you. If he doesn't then he probably isn't interested.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Maybe he's just shy and low on confidence.

Usually they use the classical 'I've been busy'...but this guy thinks up a totally whole new line to explain away his lack of contact, 'I'm an introvert'....

Haha, yeah right.

I'm an introvert.....still always have time for the important people in my life

It takes ten seconds to send a text message. Five minutes to type a mail saying 'hi, hope you are fine'.....

If someone likes you, introverted or not, they would make time for you and regularly. The guy isn't 'that' interested IMO.

Thanks to all for making me realize this. Is there a way I can push him a little to direct him my way, or should I just give up and move on?

Don't talk to him, text him, email him...no contact...if he is interested make him chase you.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Don't talk to him, text him, email him...no contact...if he is interested make him chase you.
    Can that happen with an introvert? Do they even pursue? I would imagine they gave up easily, but I will try your method. Just afraid I'll lose him. But I guess at least then I will know he was uninterested...

As others have said...just because your introverted doesn't mean you don't want to surround yourself with a few select people.

I've said many times that there are only about 5 people I really need....that includes my parents and gf...that leaves 2 friends....thats all I really want and can stand.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by youlf View Post
    Thanks to all for making me realize this. Is there a way I can push him a little to direct him my way, or should I just give up and move on?
    Yeah, start ignoring him.....that usually brings them back, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by youlf View Post
    Can that happen with an introvert? Do they even pursue? I would imagine they gave up easily, but I will try your method. Just afraid I'll lose him. But I guess at least then I will know he was uninterested...
    Actually you could have a point there. Because as an 'introvert' I do not and have NEVER pursued.....though I can't speak for all introverted people of course, just me.

I tend to be the type of person who thinks that if a guy is interested, he will pursue me and more so in the 'early' days. So I tend to sit back and let him do the majority of the chasing...

As I become assured of his interest, of course I will then initiate, but I still let him do the majority of initiating.

If I sense a guy is withdrawing, I withdraw.....

So the 'push and pull' theory would NEVER work with me.....

Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    As others have said...just because your introverted doesn't mean you don't want to surround yourself with a few select people.

I've said many times that there are only about 5 people I really need....that includes my parents and gf...that leaves 2 friends....thats all I really want and can stand.
    Same here. There is only a very few select people I care to have in my life....

Everyone else can go jump....lol

It is hard to say, maybe there is an underlying anxiety disorder that results in him being an introvert. If there is an anxiety disorder, maybe take it VERY slow and just text and talk on the phone for a while to get him more comfortable with you???......then propose a get together.

^^^ Very good advice. I was going to post something along those lines. I used to be extremely introverted. I had depression and social anxiety disorder (thats what they called it anyway). I would have rather taken a bullet than initiate anything because of fear of rejection and low self esteem. I'm not the same person by any means anymore. I don't think that I would have been fit for a real relationship while I was dealing with all of that. If that is his problem then you have to ask yourself if you really want to get involved with all of that. If you already knew him and felt that he was a great enough person that you'd try to weather his problems that would be one thing. Not knowing him, having to chase him, and then having to deal with emotional/mental problems seems a bit much for anyone though (if he is suffering from mental/emotional problems).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast