+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did my crush behave this way?

Why did my crush behave this way?

Yesterday evening I was over at my crushes house to hang out with her brother. I finally got the nerve to make a move by giving her a what I like to call a "promise to date" ring. You see, she isn't allowed to date until she turns 16, but I am willing to wait for her (the age gap isn't too severe).

The way I was going to go about giving it to her was to first have her look up what they are by using Google. This is where the trouble began. First of all, she asked me to type it in. I asked her why, she didn't say much. Then I asked her if she could spell it, she said no (I didn't think that much of it until later on when I saw a piece of paper, in her handwriting, that mentioned the word promise). When I typed it in for her and got to the site I was thinking of, an ad popped up. She clicked it off and we finally got to the site. She saw a few seconds of it, then another ad came up. That's when she said "what is this?". I said "just an ad" and clicked it off. Once everything was settled down she began to look at the site itself, but soon stopped and said "I'm not reading this." I asked her why not and she sort of gave me an I don't know. Then she said "I'm going upstairs". By the way, when she said these things it was in a very quiet and shy manner. Another thing that gets me is she didn't tell her parents what I did.

What does all of this mean and where do I go from here?

Man, you guys are too young to have this kind of confusion. whats wrong with just go to school and hang out, and kiss a couple of girls here and there?
    dont take it so seriously.

What was she looking up? Were you having her look up promise rings?
    If that is the case then she is (for good reason) very uncomfortable about making a commitment like that. A ring is a big deal. Im 21 and Ive never received a promise ring and if I did it is treated like a pre-engagement ring.
    I don't think she is as ready for dating as you are. That 16yr old limit her parents gave her is probably a huge relief to her.

Save your money on the ring, waiting for her is noble but not necessary, just enjoy your time with her and keep your mind open when it comes to meeting other girls.

I agree with the other replies. Not to make out you're pressuring her or anything like that, I think you should back off and let her grow up first.

If she was awkward about looking up the promise ring, then she probably felt a hundred times more awkward about the whole idea, and didn't want to wait around in case you wanted to talk about it further.

When I was 13 (I doubt she's that young, but you know, if you're giving her a ring she's bound to be a few years younger than 16...so just picking a number), I was more interested in tamagotchis, furbies, pokemon and getting my first kiss, let alone thinking about things beyond that with guys.(well, not seriously like making promises or trying to make it happen). I didn't even lose it til I was 20, and I'm in the UK, where legal age is 16.