+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys lose interest?

Why do guys lose interest?

Annoying post pending, I'm really depressed and stressed and I need to get this off my mind.

It seems with guys it is always interesting at first, and then gets boring because they lose interest. I'm so frustrated :/ I'd consider myself fairly attractive, smart, but maybe not a social butterfly.

How do I be more interesting so guys stop losing interest in me so fast :/:/:/ What elements do you find in a girl that keeps you wanting more?

I'm not sure why you think guys loose interest; Maybe because they feel that something is going on or maybe they don't feel the same attraction from the start. Then again, it could just be a perception; I still love my girlfreind and I don't think I've lost interest in her. She always brightens my day

If you're with someone and you think they're loosing interest in you, go and do something spontaneous! Go for a bike ride, go and do something that you wouldn't normally do with your partner!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

I meant they lose interest in me

And good for you! That's awesome you found someone like that. Happy couples give me hope

It all depends on your flirting style. If you're flirting at bars, it shouldn't matter. if you are attractive, any guy will try to hit on you. But if you're not at bars, or if you want a real relationship, the way you flirt with guys becomes important.

SirWagginston.. I don't seem too have tooo much trouble drawing them in but keeping them is the problem. Could you elaborate on flirting styles?

Are you talking guys who approach you, then seem to lose immediate interest?

Or guys with whom you have been dating and the interest seems to wear off.

the later :/

^^Well in that case, I'm gonna say there was/is nothing past the 'physical attraction' and for the guy to want to take it any further. Your looks attract obviously, but emotionally, the guy just wasn't 'feeling' it for you. It takes more than 'looks' to sustain a relationship. There has to be interest and people have to get along on more than one level, for it to go any place. That isn't saying there is something wrong with you. In life, we will get along with some people and there are people we won't and there will be very few people on this planet who havn't found themselves in this type of situation if not once, but a few times, where we meet someone and it didn't work out.
    I've been there a few times. I just put it down to the fact that we were 'different' people, who were looking for different things...and there is nothing wrong with that.

Sadly and if there isn't much of an interest and someone walks away, it's hard to rekindle their interest.

Just don't stoop to trying to keep a mans interest by having sex, like some females do. It doesn't work...

Well i dont really know your personality either but it could many opposing things, really difficult to judge considering we dont know much about your relationships. Usually when I've lost interest it has been one of the following things, sometimes a few of these things:

- guy wasnt actually in it from the start for a LTR only wanted some fun so once he's "had his fun" he's lost interest.
    - maybe you're acting too clingy and it drove the guys away
    - maybe things got too comfortable too quickly. You might be a perfectly sane person, which for some guys can be annoying as they liek the chase and the thrill of still being able to have what they cant have. So you might have to recreate this for at least a while anyway to make sure you are in control and show that you are the one being elusive.
    - if you dont have similiar interests can be a problem, but can be a plus if you are both open to one anothers interest and engage in them
    - sometimes the man can look forward and see if you have a future too and if he doesnt see things developing into the future then that could be another reason.
    - cost too much money, it can happen!
    - maybe deep down you dont actually feel this guy is the one so you dont engage with him as much as he would like and you end up giving him the cold shoulder

end of the day though, just relax, be yourself and the right person will come along. dont try to change yourself for someone either as long term it'll make you unhappy and you'll resent them for it. Just be you see how things go and you'll find your true love!

dear , when any guy lose interest in their Se*ual life then it called impoten*e .

for curing that you can visit : is.gd/bmJkE

LOL thats not what i was referring to but thanks?

Maybe you haven't met your match yet? Be patient.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what happens after you catch their attention? do you go out, laugh, talk, have fun? if these things aren't kept up you're SOL no matter how hot you are.

Very good question. I have dated and married some very attractive women, but I always end up losing interest. Here are the reasons I lose interest in my women:

-- Too controlling. If she doesn't let me spend a little time by myself or with my friends, then she is too controlling. I dont like that.
    -- Resentment. If I resent her, I lose interest in her. She is either controlling, possessive, inconsiderate, mean, etc.
    -- Gets mad easy. If a girl gets mad easy, and makes me feel like I always have to be careful what I say, then i lose interest.
    -- Girls who are self-centered. Girls who are so narcissistic in nature are quick to lose my interest.
    -- Unskilled / unsophisticated. If a girl has no skills or knowledge about anything, i lose interest quickly.

I actually don't mind differences in hobbies, interests and such because we can always introduce new things to do with each other.
    I don't mind if she has boring personality, because that makes a good listener, and less nagging.

I agree with Kaius. Most of his criteria line up with mine. I too don't mind differences in hobbies and interests. In fact, it's almost preferred. I'm always down to learn something new, and I've learned a lot from each guy I've dated. "Show me" dates are great! You get to know the person and enjoy something they're passionate about. I wasn't a hardcore baseball fan for a long time, but I enjoy it so much more now that I'm watching it with someone who loves it.

I like it when a guy is passionate about something and can talk about it. I want conversation. Some banter too. Guys get extra points when they can be intelligently funny. If a guy isn't on the same wavelength as I am conversationally then I'm done. This doesn't mean he has to be a college grad, or that he has to spout Shakespeare by heart, but he does have to be my intellectual equal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast