+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New ways of meeting women?

New ways of meeting women?

Hey all, I've just recently moved to Denver and I'm going to college. Now normally I hear in college chicks are everywhere and parties are all the time. The thing is that I'm at a tech colege and there aren't many women there, plus the kids don't usually throw many parties. Anyways, so me being in a new town and a new school environment where I can't really meet women, what are some ways you suggest for me to meet some? I'm 18 by the way, so bars are out of the question hehe... bsides i don't think you ever really meet women in bars, just one night stands.

About the only thing that I can think of to maybe try is going to the mall and trying to introduce myself to some of them, but I've never really done that before and I'm not sure how I'd do at that. I'm good at talking to people once the initial introductions are over, but thats the part that i have trouble with, actually going up to them and talking. Everything i think in my head just sounds stupid lol. Anyways, I dunno, just curious to see if any of you have any ideas for me.

King Zarathu Guest
    there are very easy ways to meet women. however, you just gotta think outside the box. for example, normally a typical guy would say "can i buy you a drink?" or something stupid like that (i know you can't go to bars but this is an example), but to make things interesting you should pretend to be looking around and notice her purse and be like "good lord that purse is huge, do you stuff ur dog in there or something?!"

i got a lot of these from a Dating Tips guy named david deangelo (most of you guys prolly heard from him) he gives GREAT stuff... it's called Funny & Cocky comedy.

for e.g., meeting a woman passing by in the street..
    "hi"
    "hi"
    she passes by and you stop and look at her
    "what?! did my good looks scare you away or something?!"

stuff like that you know

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    for e.g., meeting a woman passing by in the street..
    "hi"
    "hi"
    she passes by and you stop and look at her
    "what?! did my good looks scare you away or something?!"
    I love it! I'm going to try and use that.

my aunt always told me to meet the kind of guy you want you have to think of what type of guy you want to meet and go to the places you think he will be at. Like if you want an sporty guy you should try going to a ball game with your girlfriends. or if you want a guy that is giving and sensitive you should do volunteer work and hope to meet one that way. personally i have never tried it. but i guess it makes sense.

When at the mall, casually ask a girl for a favor. She says, "What". Say, "If you've got a little time, you think you can help me pick out some clothes?" Then you put on a little fashion show, joking all the while, get to know her name, have some fun, mention that she's a good-looking girl and you want HER opinion cause you want to know what kind of clothes would get a girl like HER interested in you. See where things go.

And if she says, "Sure" in the beginning, it's pretty much a sure thing. If she says, "I don't have much time" it's a soft rejection and you ask someone else.

Rod Steele

Another way (that worked really well for an aquaintence of mine at an old college) is to get a ride there with friends. Go up to girls and claim your friends ditched you and you need a ride back to your college. SOMEONE should take pity on you and give you a ride. You simply ask to use the restroom before you go, call your friends and say you got a ride back. Along the ride back, make conversation, and at the end, get the #.

haha thats an awesome idea!

Ask a girl's opinions on colognes. Spray some on you and ask a girl to smell it. Then say something like, "Now you'd give your number to a guy that smelled like this, right?" Might work . . .

lol i dunno about that last one, but the rest sound pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    Ask a girl's opinions on colognes. Spray some on you and ask a girl to smell it. Then say something like, "Now you'd give your number to a guy that smelled like this, right?" Might work . . .
    I swear, you're the pick-up king.

Hey man, I know what your going through. I go to a technical community college and am getting degrees in Automotive Technology and Autobody so there are barely any girls in my classes and if there is one she will be pretty butch. What the others have mentioned are great ideas, but if your more introverted like me then maybe you could try an online dating site just to get to know some girls in your area. I know your probably thinking all those sites have are ugly pyscho girls, but I have actually found there to be some really nice girls. Some are in the same situation that you are with just moving to a new place. Good luck man!

Mark

Not every woman goes to bars to get a 1-nite stand. Well, i am one of those who dont. I go to have a drink, to chit-chat, just to be around people,actually met some nice and decent people a couple of times. It is all about how you behave. I don't see many ways of meeting guys either. In college everyone around me is married.At work everyone is 20-25 years older than me. It sucks