+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice and Opinions Needed on a New Possible Relationship.

Advice and Opinions Needed on a New Possible Relationship.

I've met this guy and we have been talking as friends since late February. We've seen each other informally a couple of times for a few minutes over the past months. On Monday, he told me he was interested in "taking a chance" and see where things go with me. He started asking me about my past, do i want a family, etc. He told me some things about his past thinking I would judge him for it.

I asked him what he wanted last night point blank: he said 1. he wanted a relationship 2. with benefits 3. be a couple 4. we be monogamous. I asked him point blank did he want friends with benefits? He said he wanted more than friends with benefits with me. He told me he wanted someone who accepted for him and liked him for who he was. He keeps telling me he is afraid of moving too fast and chasing me away. So I wonder if he is trying to keep it casual, so he wont' scare me off.

Anyway, he wants me to come over Friday and spend the weekend with him so we can get to know each other. That any plans he has already made, he will include me in them.

Does he want a FWB type thing? Or is he wanting a more serious relationship but is afraid of chasing me off like he says? He has told me he wants more than just sex.

Make damned sure you're clear about what "more than sex" means. Does monogamous mean exclusively dating? Does he think he could sleep with only you and still date others if he doesn't sleep with them? Will he call you his girlfriend? Is he open to a relationship that might work out long term?

Get some answers. Also, remember to take some condoms with you when you go over there, just in case you get into bed with him.
    Spammer Spanker