+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Don't Have a Clue!

I Don't Have a Clue!

Okay. So, I have a guy friend who used to flirt, text, and talk on the phone for hours. I really started to like him, because he was just being such a sweetheart about anything.

He lives 8 hours away from me and he's in the military. He is going overseas in a week and he told me he really wanted to see me b4 he left. We used to know each other in high school and we recently just got back in contact after 8 years through fb. So, I decided to go and visit him and drive those 8 hrs to see him. I was so excited and nervous; I didn't have an idea of what to expect. Well, I had such a wonderful weekend with him. Everything was almost perfect and he was a true gentleman. I felt like we had such a connection and I was so comfortable with him. We shared everything together; talked about our past history and just really getting to know each other. There was no physical contact or anything like that, but we both really wanted to.

So, the day I went back home, it was really sad and I just wanted to let him know that I liked him. So I text him that and he told me that I only like him for his qualities but not him and that I was smarter than that. I asked him if he felt the same way and he never responded. In fact, he didn't call or txt me for a day and when he finally txts back he told me he was really busy getting everything ready to move. I just left it alone, but every since then, he just wasnt the same. He used to always give me pet names but he doesnt anymore. he used to txt me 24/7, but now I get a few txt messages and most of them are always just short responses.

Just to let you guys know, I'm going through a divorce, but he knows that I don't want to jump into another relationship. I just wanted to know, that's all. I just didn't want to think that it was just me feeling this way. It's mad crazy how I feel. I know I shouldn't be so quick to start liking someone, but I couldn't help it... He was there for me since day 1. I just feel so stupid. I put myself out there and he didn't say anything. And now he's acting like this... What is going through his head? I don't even know how he feels about me anymore.

well maybe he also feels its too soon for you, and he could be looking out for your benefit.

maybe he's putting up a front because he's leaving, and he's a busy on the go man you know?
    that probably wouldn't be the best thing for you right now:a divorce,and a crush that you can barely see or be in contact
    with... if he's not there...how can you give him a chance..?

i think you should take it slow, and don't over think his actions......

im sure he feels the same about you, but i doubt he's not in contact with you because he hates you'll a sudden.
    theres more reason behind it...

hell, i think he likes you, and doesn't know how to express it because he's leaving and youre in a tight spot too.
    Ello Love

Maybe he just didn't feel the same about you anymore and when he met you in person and after 8 years.

Now he's backing off and rather than be straight up front that he aint feeling it.

I could be wrong of course. But in my experience, men who are feeling it for ya, don't tend to back off and ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Maybe he just didn't feel the same about you anymore and when he met you in person and after 8 years.

Now he's backing off and rather than be straight up front that he aint feeling it.

I could be wrong of course. But in my experience, men who are feeling it for ya, don't tend to back off and ignore.
    When I was there, we had such a great time. We played, flirted, and had really deep conversations. We shared every little detail and we got a long so well. He was gentleman about everything and he told me that he was really glad that I came up there. When we said goodbye, he seemed sad and asked me to come and see him overseas. I just felt like we really had a connection... but, maybe it's all in my head. I don't know.