+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend needs space/doesn't know what she wants

My girlfriend needs space/doesn't know what she wants

Yeah yeah, we've all been there and used the same b/s especially me, so why am I asking you guys what to do?

OK we've only been seeing each other 6 weeks, it was going to perfection and then came the text she likes me a lot but doesn't know what she wants and needs time out, this was 7 days ago and I texted her back saying I understood. Only I didn't understand until I realised I'd overwhelmed her. You see the majority of my ex girlfriends have always said one thing about me - 'you just don't care about me, you're incapable of love etc'. Be they right or not all I know is that the girl I'm with now blew me away and as such, to prove to her I do care I may have been too demanding.

I know when a girl asks for space you give it to her, but should I text her and tell her the reasons why I have been overwhelming and that it was not intentional? Or give her more time? I just want us to start again on a more casual tip and at her pace. I can easily live with that.

hm...
    maybe you should bring it to her slowly and probably call her tell her
    what you felt and how you feel and why,so yes that does sound
    like a good idea.

if you feel so strongly for her, tell her you'll make an effort and all that good stuff, and mean it <3
    talk about it not text it! makes a big difference
    Ello Love

I'd rather not call her as she said she will definitely call me when her head is clear and I respect that. She doesn't know where I stand though or my rationale. I just thought a text would explain that and give her the option of taking as much time as she likes to think it over from my vantage point. For all she knows I could be a psycho clinging nut job.

hahaha lol
    okayy... haha

she'll come around im sure!

make understand your point and where you stand.whatever you have to do, get your point across too!
    Ello Love

Yeah mate a text would be better i think too. last thing she wants is to have a long winded converstation on the phone about her emotions or wotever and make her feel suffocated. Just text her and wait for a reply, a text will also give her time too to help work things out as it means they dont have to give an answer on the spot so I'd say do that.

then do it :]

i agree once you put it that way
    Ello Love

cheers for your advice all

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she wants space should you bombard her with texts explaining!? NO it means don't talk, text, message, email, phone, face book, chat, IM, message or whatever the hell other method of communication you can pull out your ass. Leave her alone. If she wants an explanation she will come get one.

^^DITTO!

She asked for space...RESPECT HER REQUEST.

She either needs space or she's phasing you out. Either way, give her space. You will be able to maintain your dignity and if she really loves you she will come crawling back.

Agreed with girl68 on what space means: NO CONTACT.

It's not about 'bombarding' her with texts, its explaining my position via one single text, an explanation she had no idea of before. And she has responded favourably. To the fella who advised me to send the text, thanks mate. No contact is no good when she is thinking something that is completely untrue. The record is now straight and I've done the right thing no matter the end result.