+ Follow This Topic

Thread: has anyone here ever admitted to their crush they had a crush on them?

has anyone here ever admitted to their crush they had a crush on them?

to get over them? I did it about 2 weeks ago and i now feel great. I think about her from time to time still, but its much less frequent and with much less heartache. Am i going to feel huge remorse or something in a few weeks?

guess not huh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha, I have done it when I was much younger, but it generally doesn't go well. It's really just blowing your emotional load to get a weight off your chest. You're much better off just asking them if they want to grab a drink,
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I did it twice when I was 16 and it did more bad than good. So I never did it again. I became more versatile.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had a group of muscular, tall, handsome young guys come in to visit one of my patients... the type of guys that make you feel stupid and leave you utterly lacking the ability to speak. i took one look at them and said "oh my god, I can't even pretend to not notice how handsome you all are". They laughed, and I felt much less awkward, and then I went about my business.

Sometimes, stating the obvious is the best way to proceed, but only if you are able to not take yourself too seriously, and can laugh at yourself. And of course, it helps if you aren't expecting them to immediately profess that they love you too. hahah
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I had a group of muscular, tall, handsome young guys come in to visit one of my patients... the type of guys that make you feel stupid and leave you utterly lacking the ability to speak. i took one look at them and said "oh my god, I can't even pretend to not notice how handsome you all are". They laughed, and I felt much less awkward, and then I went about my business.

Sometimes, stating the obvious is the best way to proceed, but only if you are able to not take yourself too seriously, and can laugh at yourself. And of course, it helps if you aren't expecting them to immediately profess that they love you too. hahah
    This is totally right! It makes everyone feel better.

It's different if its a crush you've been hiding for like months though. Don't tell your manager you have a crush on them or anything like that hah! And if you actually want to date your crush do what others said, ask to go for a drink. Don't profess your love for them.

Ah, yes. I was drunk and thought it'd be a good idea...good idea in the short term..bad idea in the long term

At least its out of your system, but sometimes the lingering false hope that accompanies keeping crushes a secret can be nice. But hey, now you can move on more easily w/o the hope right?!
    the best way to get over someone is find someone new/ a hobby to distract yourself. That's my two cents

Yes I did and it helps a lot.

I told a really cute guy in high school I had a crush on him and we ended up dating for two years. It did have the unintended result of helping me get over the crush, too. Careful what you wish for. That guy was a pain in the ass.
    Spammer Spanker

I told my crush that she is so funny and wonderful....and that I can't stop thinking about her.
    Fast forward 2 months....she told me she was deeply in love with me.

I've always seen it as kind of a trick to get the other person to like you. When we know somebody likes us, it always piques our interest and we give them more and special attention. It works when we are younger, but I just think it's a ploy more than anything.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.