+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any romantic ideas?

Any romantic ideas?

Hey all, Hope everyone is well

I'm not seeing the gf for a few days because of exams and all the stress that goes with it. I'm seeing her next on thursday night and I want to make it a bit special. We're just having a night in basically, but I was wondering if any of you knew of any little things I could do (or buy) that would make it more romantic and make her feel good (and relaxed after exams). I have a few ideas, but I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.

It can be absolutly anything, from things that I could buy like candles, to things that I could actually say or do that would make her feel special

I can't do anything too extravagant, but if there are any little things you can think of that you think she might appreciate, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
    Rich

If you have a large bath tub, a bubble bath in low candle light? If you have large/strong hands, buy a few massage oils and go wild?
    Last edited by Alvy; 22-05-10 at 04:48 PM.

I would love it one night if my boyfriend would draw me a bath and offer to loofah my entire body. No candles required. Towel me dry, and then lay me down for a massage. Maybe have a bottle of wine on hand and some of my favorite chocolates.

I'd be in heaven.

Ok cool thanks for the input
    I'll go for a relaxing theme then

thanks

What scent should I get the candles?
    I heard some smells are aphrodisiacs?

I'd nix the candles. I don't like them personally, and I don't know why incredibly dim lighting can be romantic. I'd be too worried about knocking one over and starting a fire. Then again, I'm terribly accident prone. Do you know that she, in fact, likes candles?

And scented ones can be too much. Some smell good in the package, but suck when they start burning. Might be a mood killer. I'd much rather my guy get me a fresh, full bouquet of hand-picked jasmine. It would show me that he remembers what I like, and that he's willing to make a little more effort than running to Yankee Candle for provisions.

Oh, and I adore a guy that can cook up something really good. Even if it's a simple dish, the effort is what I love. My second date with my ex was a dinner date at his house. He made me pesto pasta, chicken, and some chocolate creme brulee dessert that came out funky, but I ate it anyway Couple of bottles of wine and we cuddled up while watching Ratatouille. It was perfect.

I'm somewhat in the same situation except I asked this girl out for the first time and I told her we should just wait till exams are over....so anway...my plan was a late day hike which leads up to a view of the town....then surprise her with a little picnic there.....this is a first date though....

The idea above of cooking a dinner for her and watching a movie together always seems like a good way to go.

I like candles. If youre going to buy them then get a bunch of little tea light candles, theyre cheap and give off lots of light. scented is too expensive for just one romantic night. you can add rose pedals in the bath for scent. cliche but romantic. and definitely have dinner cooked for her like davis suggests. Omg that would be sooo romantic to walk into. Wtf is wrong with my bf...

I have all kinds of romantic ideas, but I am only going to share them with one special person

Go to the dollar store buy like tons of candles and try not to burn down the house. Then cook food for her or buy what you know he favorite meal and surprise her when she walks in.

Here are the three golden rules to romancing a woman. I am a woman, and I find a man can never fail to impress me with this. The three S's SOFT, SHINY, SWEET. I'd buy her a cute stuffed animal, (she'll put it on her bed and it will remind her of you whenever you are not around), jewelery, but if its not in your price range, i wouldn't worry, and cook dinner definitely, but have a lot of sweets and desserts on hand. Ice cream or cheese cake is the best way to go.
    ALso, try to pig out when she comes over. If you eat a lot, she won't feel as bad about indulging.

if u have a room.. just cover the floor with rose petals.. and light the room with candles and remember only candles nothing else.. the flowers will do their work of spreading the fragrance.. play some soft romantic music.. u can ask her to dance with you.. then l8r u can go in for a bubbel bath.. and the massage thing as oders said.. include some wine with the music if u guys drink.. and if u want to go in for sumthing diff.. try out some love making games after the dance and wine.. its really awesome getting all drunk and den going crazy with your partner.. hope this helps enjoy..