+ Follow This Topic

Thread: OMG SHE DELETED ME OH NOOOO!!! *fake dramatic voice*

OMG SHE DELETED ME OH NOOOO!!! *fake dramatic voice*

So, this is kind of puzzling to me. My ex and I have been apart for six months, and are pretty well over the breakup. She's with a new guy, and I've got a couple prospects of my own, etc....

Weirdly enough, we have been able to maintain a basic level of friendship. Actually I'd call it "friendly acquaintances" more so than "friends." IE we have mutual friends and we do talk to each other now and then in a casual manner. Today I realized that she deleted me off her friends list on Xbox Live. But not on Facebook, and she and I were talking on AIM not 20 minutes ago. Now the reason why I find this odd, other than the obvious inconsistency of removing me from there but not Facebook, is that she's in a LDR with a guy that she met through me ON XBOX LIVE. And that is also one of their primary means of "spending time together"...meaning, playing games online with each other. So I'm wondering if maybe he's starting to get jealous that she's still in contact with me or something?

I don't really care, it's not like it ruined my day or anything. Just thought it was odd...one of those WTF?? moments lol...what do you guys think?

By the way I realize now this probably shouldn't be in the Broken Hearts section since my Broken Heart has mended itself by now, but whatevs...

Ya, she is probably just doing that for her new boyfriend.

Thats what I think, and it makes me laugh because of how hypocritical it is...the guy's jealous that she's still friends with me on Live, when he's the homewrecker who started moving in on my ex when she was still with me...using Live. Sounds like a real grownup, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyKong View Post
    Thats what I think, and it makes me laugh because of how hypocritical it is...the guy's jealous that she's still friends with me on Live, when he's the homewrecker who started moving in on my ex when she was still with me...using Live. Sounds like a real grownup, right?
    Yeah not very cool at all. Good thing it didn't ruin your day though right?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

It's good that you are moving on from that drama. It sounds like they deserve each other : )

It's weird that deleting someone from FB or any other social network is like a big statement nowadays. What ever happened to just saying 'I think you're a total bitch/asshole' instead of deleting someone?

^^Guess people have forgotten the art of 'real life' communication. Quite sad really

The guy is obviously feeling insecure seeing your name on her friends list...awww bless him.
    You will usually find that betrayers and cheaters like to dish it out, but don't like it in return.

Who wants a relationship like theirs anyway...sitting online playing games all day. How effing dull....ZZzzz

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I am (or was) a big XBox nerd but nothing can replace the time spent together in each other arms. Heh, I know that's sappy and all that and I'm probably a bit too affectionate, but I honestly feel really bad if this is what their relationship consists of. I'm sure you are probably just making assumptions since you don't know TOO much about their relationship, but it will only last for so long before she will want more. From somebody that probably can't provide or connect to her on a high level. If it does work for her, hey, good for them. I have a feeling you aren't really rooting for them to work.

If it doesn't bother you so much, why are you making a thread about it?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Quote Originally Posted by cmacattack1 View Post
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I am (or was) a big XBox nerd but nothing can replace the time spent together in each other arms. Heh, I know that's sappy and all that and I'm probably a bit too affectionate, but I honestly feel really bad if this is what their relationship consists of. I'm sure you are probably just making assumptions since you don't know TOO much about their relationship, but it will only last for so long before she will want more. From somebody that probably can't provide or connect to her on a high level. If it does work for her, hey, good for them. I have a feeling you aren't really rooting for them to work.

If it doesn't bother you so much, why are you making a thread about it?
    In response to the first paragraph: I agree. I would hate a relationship like that. But I also agree, if it works, good for them. This girl still means a lot to me as a friend so if she's happy, I'm happy for her.

To the last part: I have to admit I was slightly offended when I found this out. But I'm more bothered by the fact that a good friend of mine is potentially dealing with a jealous new guy than the fact that she deleted me. She deserves better. And no I'm not implying ME...I had my chance with her and it was a good long run but I blew it. WE blew it. Well, either way, we ended. Now I just want to see each of us happy, with whoever is in our future.

Don't take it personal. That's her perogative if she wants to remove you from her Live. She's ultimately thinking of herself and protecting her interests here by doing it, it shouldn't reflect negatively upon you. So don't get mad, it is what it is.

It's so tough in that awkward period afterwards of trying to be friends or whatever. It's for those that can't let go completely..
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.