+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Played Like A Fool

Played Like A Fool

I met a guy named Lucas at a club when I was 17. About 4 months ago I met him again at a different club, and we remembered each other. So this time we exchanged numbers and began to hung out. I mean right off the bat we were comfortable with each other. We were talking for approximately 4 months, seeing each other almost everyday. I really liked him, and he said he liked me too. We always hung out at his house and played beer pong, and I would sleep over. All my friends approved of him, and he introduced me to all his friends and even family.

Then his best-friend came into the picture, she pretended to like me and everyone including him told me otherwise. One day I was in his room sleeping and he came in to hug me, since all his friends are still at his house. She came bulging in knowing that we were in there and pulled him away. She's jealous because I came into the picture and he began to hang out with me more. I tried really hard to get on her good side, but she had other plans. I don't know if I'm tripping or if it's wrong for her to sit on his lap with her legs spread apart kissing him on the cheek. I was pretty buzzed so I let it go. Then the next day I confronted him about the incident, I told him I don't want him to choose between me and his best-friend and that I wanted to just let it go, and he said sorry and that it's wrong of her to do so, and for me to let it go and he'll just make sure she doesn't come over when I'm there. Literally 2 hours later on his Facebook it said it was in a relationship with Stacy.

My heart literally dropped, because we just made up. I texted him and said why? And he said he heard something about me that made him change his mind. I knew I did absolutely nothing because I was with him most the time, either than that I was at work or at school. I told him we really need to talk, and he told me we'll talk tonight. Days past by .. and no response. I was so confused on what I did wrong, it hurt so much cause I was so used to him being there. And still I did not get the closure of what I did wrong. Some of his friends kept in contact with me, and they told me that he made up the "I heard something about you .." to get with Stacy who is a girl he talked to before he talked to me. On top of that he told him friends not to talk to me anymore. Then his friends said they don't like the girl because she thinks she's better than everyone, since she's rich. And apparently she was willing to do anything to have him back.

Then I texted him and told him I want to be on good terms with you and even apologize for w/e happened. And that same night he invited me to his house, then 30 mins later he told me not to go because his parents are tripping. Then his friend picked me up and he's like let's go to Lucas's house, I said I thought his parents are tripping and he's like no just go with me. When I got to the door he was in shocked and kept apologizing for lying, I told him that if he really want to be on good terms with me then he shouldn't lie. So at the party I was downing alcohol like a depressed person would (worst idea ever). Every time I would talk to a guy he would give me a look, and when some guy sat next to me and started talking, he came and sat on the other side of me. (Usually he would always sits next to me) I got really ****ed up and my friends tried to help, and he pushed then away and carried me to his room. Everyone was cheering "Lucccasss" (I could hear everything, but it was fuzzy) Then my friend told me he wouldn't let anyone else take care of me, even if they were girls. And my girl friends wanted to take me home and he lied that I lived really far. I woke up with him hugging me. I almost cried but he woke up so I just ran to the bathroom. So when I left I told him thank-you for taking care of me.

Then when I got home, everyone asked me if anything happen, I told them no. And they said that it looked really wrong that he took me to his room, since he left his drunk best-friend on the couch. And I told him if there's ever a time that I get that ****ed up anymore, please don't put me in his room since it looks wrong. And he's like wtf I was taking care of you, and who said it looked wrong. I told him that he has a girlfriend now, if I found out my boyfriend was sleeping with the girl he was talking to; I would be upset. And he just didn't respond. Then today he invited me to his house again, and when I got there he said oh you should leave cause my friends doesn't like you. I was like are you serious? Why are you inviting me then? I don't know what he's doing but it drives me crazy, cause at the same time he shows me that he cares, then he just ignores me.

I really like him a lot, and it kills me to know he's with this girl, but his friends said that he doesn't even act like he likes her and that she's just there when she comes over. On top of that everyone thinks he's using her for her money. But I don't know .. even through all the shit he put me through I still like him a lot, and I still care. I just don't know why he's doing this, and I really want to know what I should do. It hurts cause I can't bare to imagine being without him, but it seems like he moved on, but at the same time he gives me these hope. I tried to avoid his text or calls but it doesn't work cause I always respond to him. Does he still likes me? Or is he just messing with my head? I don't know how I can move on .. and it suck.
    Last edited by iSAMMiEx3; 25-05-10 at 02:25 PM.

FYI usage of paragraphs and organization usually get more people to read and respond
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

i think you should let him go....

i would never have someone make me run back and forth for them if they acted as though they didn't want me around.
    he's very much disrespecting you by having a girl sit on his lap in front of you, "agreeing"with you after you make up
    and then seeing another girl so
    soon after.
    he's wrong, and i doubt even if you had a relationship, there would be no trust. you'd be worried if he's gong to
    leave you, or what he's doing.
    even if he's using the girl for money, he needs to make it clear if that were what it really about, but its not.
    he's lied way to much to you, and if thats what he wants, let him have it.

you're better than him, and he lost a good girl.
    i think id be best if you just cut him off :[

<3
    Ello Love

I agree with above:let him go.

There are so many questions unanswered and you may feel you need some closure. You may feel like a failure and need to know why you weren't good enough for this person. But you don't. Your self worth is not reflected based on this one single individuals preference and needs. While you aren't perfect, you are going to drive yourself insane trying to fit the wants of every guy in your life. I know this because I am also a person that tries too hard and tries to impress or please everyone. You lose your own identity in the process. It's nice to know what things you could work on because you should want to be a better person for yourself, but any true friend could tell you these things.

I also tell you this because the more you try and search for answers and talk to him, the more you are pushing him away. You may not ever get the answers you need. But the best part is coming to terms with it on your own and having peace of mind knowing that he made a huge mistakes not giving you a chance and giving in to a girl that needs to be the center of attention. This will wear out really quick and I wouldn't be surprised if you heard from him again. This is of course if you aren't still trying to talk to him and giving him that sense of a safety net like you will always be there no matter what happens.

Have a little dignity here, as we all know nobody likes a doormat. He really screwed you over and he doesn't deserve you trying to patch things up and you apologizing for things that he has done. Maybe you haven't dealt with things tactfully, but you know this now and you know what you shouldn't do in the future. This is a learning experience and a growing process. He has proven himself unworthy and this will not change for some time. You do not need him in your life to be happy and while it's tough not having him around after being used to him, these "break ups" happen to every single one of us every day. We all find a way to deal and make it through, and you will have to be no different. When you are on your own and you can find happiness on your own, you will be all that much closer to being happy with somebody else. And hopefully this will help you in your future selection of guys and know what kind of behavior (i.e. Lucas's) is not acceptable for what you want.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thanks for the advice. This is what I sent him, "I know that I should keep my distance from you. You tried to lie to me so many times and I'm stupid for forgiving you over and over again. You even made up the fact that you heard something about me .. and even told everyone not to talk to me. You made me feel like I was in the wrong .. when in reality you played me like a fool. I don't think I need a friend that doesn't appreciate me. I'm tired of trying to be friends with someone who just throw my trust away, who doesn't feel guilty for anything even if its the most ****ed up shit ever. You said you felt bad, but obviously you don't give a ****. I don't understand why you had to lie so much. I can't believe I liked someone who didn't give a **** about me. I was too blind to think that you cared when really you don't. I regret meeting you again, I don't think I can forgive what you've done to me. I can't be friends with you anymore. I don't know how you do it but this time imma call the shots & delete you from my life for good.

5 hrs later he respond, "Yeah. You should delete me from your life."

=/ Sad but I know it's the best thing for me right now, as much as I don't want to believe it .. he obviously doesn't care, he's just an immature 20 yr old.
    Last edited by iSAMMiEx3; 25-05-10 at 02:40 PM.