+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost the love of my life, where do I go from here...

take care dude and be strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Guy View Post
    Been a while since I've been on here so I figured i would update my thread and let yall know how things are going at this point...

It's been almost 4 months since the breakup with my ex, and I can now offcially say that I am back to 100%, mentally and emotionally. I could have never imagined it would be so hard and take so long to get over her, but like everyone told me, time would eventually heal the wounds and down the road things would get better. It was extremely hard to accept her moving on without me, and actually boiled down to her telling me directly that she didn't love me anymore before it finally sunk in, but eventually I started realizing that it wasn't the end of the world and things could be alot worse. I would think of how everyday, people are devastated by natural distasters, war, murder, famine, etc, and lose many of their loved ones, and sometimes entire families. In the end, I'm just glad that she is happy and healthy.

It was really hard to imagine being able to find someone else for the longest time, but the impossible has happened and I'm now seeing someone else that is absolutely amazing. She is 4 years older than my ex and I'm really enjoying the level of maturity she brings to the table, not to mention she is even better looking . She is really fun to hang out with and has so many qualities that were lacking in my last girlfriend. I've only been seeing her for about a month but it's crazy how fast we have clicked and we are absolutely crazy about each other. I'm enjoying every second of it, but at the same time, not getting too far ahead of myself; I've learned now not to jump into things too fast and to just savor the moment. It's funny how good things can fall into place when you least expect them, and I am now a true believer in everything happening for a reason. For everyone that feels the way I felt not too long ago, let me tell you this: Life doesn't always give you a choice on the direction it takes, but with every bad comes greater good, and when one door shuts many more will open.
    Good to see a happy ending! Very happy for you and hope things go great for you.
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123