+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A girl I just met a few hours ago called me in the middle of night..

A girl I just met a few hours ago called me in the middle of night..

Without making this sound too much like some teenage crushy mellow-drama...

So, my friend (girl) introduced me to her friend (The girl in question) only a few hours ago this evening. It was supposed to be a friend being introduced to another friend kinda meeting to do some language studying together. We're both the same age (21), and I hope I gave off a good impression. Without getting too bogged into the explicit details, this girl and I... our mutual friend who introduced us to eachother was having a bit of a breakdown and I guess I demonstrated some comforting/repsonsibility/mature advice in front of this new girl. She seemed intrigued by my background, hobbies, and realised we even happen to go to the same church together.

Now it's the middle of the night in my location. I was with some friends just chilling over some jokes and crackers, and *suddenly* I get a call. At this late hour.. from this girl. We're supposed to be 'new friends' right? just some few hours ago we did the 'it was a pleasure to meet you'. Her voice is so quiet I can barely hear it and make out what she's saying.. she seems very embarrassed to have called and says sorry to bother me because she can hear I'm outside with friends. I then tell her it's ok, and I go somewhere quieter to see what's bothering her. She tells me she had a nightmare and didn't know who else to call (her parents or brother maybe?... well i'd certainly call them if I was so traumatized by a nightmare). She apologizes for disturbing me, and I keep repeating 'it's okay, it's okay, don't worry, if something's bothering you, you can tell me.'

she then says she's sorry and knows it's strange that she suddenly called 'a stranger' someone she hardly knows all of a sudden. I then tell her, : "I can't hear what you're saying, sorry. But don't worry, you're tired, just have a rest and you'll feel better in the morning. Give me a call tomorrow if you want to study some time, okay?'

I don't want to flatter myself or get ahead of myself, but logic seems to point to her having some liking towards me, already? I mean, I don't deem myself a ladies man at all. Previous relationships have happened because the girl initiated and made the dive, I have a history of being passive when it comes to 'chasing'.

NB:
    -She's 21, and is a church-goer, quite good looking, well-dressed, looks out of my league...
    -But she's never had a boyfriend...
    -Was interested to hear the story of my first love
    -She believes in 'destiny', so she believes in God finding a good partner for her.

So... what's my next move? I would be willing to start a relationship with her as long as the feeling is mutual, I'll admit I did kinda like her when I first met her. But never in a blue moon did I ever imagine her to call in the middle of the night just hours after our first meeting.

Does she have interest? Or am I just fooling myself, and everything's platonic and she just felt bored?

-When I next meet her, shall I bring up the nightmare at all? Asking her if everything was ok? I'd like to assure her that it wasn't a problem at all that she called me suddenly, and that if she ever needs help, I'm the last person she should feel nervous about calling.

In essence, if there's any spark at all, (is there even?)... what can I realistically do to increase her interest? Basically, what must I avoid screwing up?

i think she likes you of course.

what an adorable story as well...i say you get to know her and
    bring up the nightmare :]

<3
    Ello Love

She wanted an excuse to call you. She's interested, yes. And at least you know that since she's so hopped up on God that it wasn't only a booty call attempt.

Today, partly out of courtesy I texted her in the afternoon saying: "Hey, how're you doing? Let me know when abouts you'd like to study together "

I sent it because I guess she might've felt embarrassed after that random call at 2am last night. So I wanted to break the ice and show her it's all cool, and I'm not going to think she's some weirdo stalker.

So she texts back: "Sorry I am busy today, I have too much homework! Maybe we will next time"

I respond: "haha, sorry I didn't mean today, as I'm busy too! Some other day when you want to meet up and study together. Take care!"

Her response after 30 minutes: "oh..i thought u wanted to c me today...:< dont u?"

^When I saw this, I was a bit... errr what the heck? Does she actually like me? Or is she just leading me on? Or is a girl normally this friendly to everyone?

...I don't reply... (as I'm busy studying)

...She *suddenly* starts calling after 1 hour of me not responding back to her last text... Jesus, what could she want? I thought to myself. I don't pick up. Partly, because I know if I do, I'll choke on the phone and screw up because I don't consider myself a player by any means. I am new to the whole dating pool, and only had my first girlfriend a little while back (who actually asked me out, because I was too bashful to ask her ).

Having not responded to her last text and call. I decided to text her back after another hour just saying I popped out for a while and left my phone in my apartment. In the text I bring up that she gave me a missed call and wondered what was on her mind.?

She texts back after a while: "NVM :-))"

So..... next time I do meet her, what can I do to further boost my chances? I do hope she's not leading me on, she doesn't seem the type to. .. and has never had a boyfriend yet she's very pretty! and dresses very well. ... what the... something doesn't make sense here? The way she has been texting/calling seems almost like a 15/16 year old high school drama story... And we're both 21.

Ladies? Guys? Any insight/advice please?

will you guys just sleep together and get the awkwardness out of the way??!

I am almost certain she's a virgin. I don't want to just take advantage of her like that. I know the attachment that comes with losing your virginity to someone. I don't want her to get hurt, I don't want to just take advantage of her. She seems so pure, I would feel bad doing it with her. Even the thought of kissing her, I feel I'd be a guy taking advantage of a girl who looks out of my league. I am flattered that she is showing me this attention, but honestly, my confidence level and self esteem for things in life are not low by any means. I'm quite a proud and optimistic person, without sounding like an ass. But... when it comes to wooing a girl .. I'm so nervous, shy, bashful, and uncertain inside. Especially when it's a super pretty girl.

Next time I see her I'd like to go for a walk in the campus park or something during a warm evening. Maybe bring the nightmare she had then. Now, I know she could have been 'faking' the nightmare, but even so, I want to come across as warm and caring about something that supposedly kept her up at night, yet maintain a cool and strong image.

^Say I ask her what was it about the nightmare... and she could easily say : "i can't remember now"... SO incase she says this, how do I avoid choking and ending the convo there? Maybe some kind of small light joke with regards to the 'nightmare'? Hmm, girls, what is your take on this? What would impress you the most if you were in her shoes?...

So she texts back: "Sorry I am busy today, I have too much homework! Maybe we will next time"

I respond: "haha, sorry I didn't mean today, as I'm busy too! Some other day when you want to meet up and study together. Take care!"

Her response after 30 minutes: "oh..i thought u wanted to c me today...:< dont u?"
    This is a mind game. She's testing you to see how much you like her. This is the result of immaturity and a lack of dating experience. If she's pulling this BS so early on, it'll get worse as time goes on. You should call her out, but in a nice way. Say, "Look, I'd like to take you on a date. I enjoy spending time with you and would like to take our time in seeing where this will lead us." She's trying to jump the gun, and that's why you freaked a little.

I mean think about it. She just told you she was busy. Okay, so you said you can get together another time. Then she comes back by twisting the situation and confusing you. "Don't you want to see me?" Well, uh, yeah, but you said you were busy. Ugh. Girls like this piss me off. And she could barely wait an hour for a response, so she started calling you. Needy and insecure.

Take things SLOOOOOOOOOW with this one.

Yeah, this girl seems kind of immature.
    I guess the best advice I can give you is to just.. wait until you get a chance to hang out with her, and see if you guys have fun together.
    Don't worry about saying something stupid, just be yourself, and be nice. And make sure that you like the way that she treats you. If you don't, then, move on.

Hypnotize her using a pendulum.

She seems like she is really wanting attention. It looks like you're the one whose going to have to step up to the plate, and just ask her out! Because she sure as hell isn't going to do it.

She sounds really annoying.