+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White man who prefers black women

White man who prefers black women

I am a white male, yet I have a strong preference for black women. I like their dark skin, kinky hair texture, and luscious lips. Unfortunately some people think this kind of preference is racist. I don't think it should be considered racist for two reasons:

1. I don't fetishize black women in the sense that I see them only as sex objects. I do want a long-term, emotionally fulfilling relationship with a black woman.

2. I don't think black women are objectively superior to non-black women for reasons other than physical attractiveness. It's not like I hate white, Asian, Native American, or other non-black women and don't want to associate with them in any way.

Is there a good reason my preference should be considered racist?

Nope.

It's called a preference.

As you would prefer tea over coffee.

Technically, any opinion that is reached by taking race into account is racist. Does this really bother you? You seem totally respectful of other women; I don't really see the problem.
    Spammer Spanker

Lol, I always do find it a bit strange when someone says that they prefer a race over another, concerning dating and relationships. Like, I have a friend (well, USED to anyway) who said he preferred normal, average looking white girls, and he was very specific. Down to like the bone structure and everything. No wonder why he never got a date.
    I just feel like you shouldn't catagorize yourself as only liking this and this.

Now do I think that's being racist? Technically, I think it is. Because you are preferring one race of women over another.

Brandon, your last name wouldn't happen to be Norton, would it?

Anyway, I don't your preference is racist, in the context of your overall attitude. Yes, it's based on race, but attraction is such a personal thing. If you told us that you had a thing for blondes or redheads, nobody would blink, because those are common preferences, though kind of specific to Caucasians.

But yeah, don't get too stuck on type, if you can help it. Personally, I am not generally attracted to black women, with the exception of certain exceptionally lovely women like Halle Berry. And yet I've been in a relationship with a black woman (well, half-black) for nearly seven years no, and I think that she is beautiful.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

But yeah, don't get too stuck on type, if you can help it. Personally, I am not generally attracted to black women, with the exception of certain exceptionally lovely women like Halle Berry. And yet I've been in a relationship with a black woman (well, half-black) for nearly seven years no, and I think that she is beautiful.

I don't get this though. Lmao.

I've pretty much noticed this with white men, not necessarily other races of men. They will usually get with a black girl who is of mixed heritage. Because, I guess they feel like if you go with one who is otherwise, it's too black? Like, they feel safer. Or they usually find biracial black girls more attractive.
    It seems a little insulting to women of color....... I don't know.
    Last edited by warriormaiden; 27-05-10 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Brandon, your last name wouldn't happen to be Norton, would it?
    I have nothing to do with that douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post
    I've pretty much noticed this with white men, not necessarily other races of men. They will usually get with a black girl who is of mixed heritage. Because, I guess they feel like if you go with one who is otherwise, it's too black? Like, they feel safer. Or they usually find biracial black girls more attractive.
    I'm not like that at all. In fact I prefer dark-skinned black women with kinky hair. They are much more exotically alluring to me.

I don't get this though. Lmao.

It seems a little insulting to women of color....... I don't know.
    Well, I don't understand your position either. Are you saying that racially-pure people are more deserving of love than mixed-race people?

not racist at all. who gives a s***
    im a black female, and i prefer white men, although im open to any race to date and love. Ii see a man, as a man,
    just as you see a woman a woman. we just focus on different features of appearance
    and if thats what we like, its what we like.

People ask my boyfriend if he's racist and to be honest i think its a form of
    ignorance to EVEN THINK,WONDER,OR QUESTION WHY SOMEONE IS IN LOVE OR INVOLVED
    WITH SOME ONE OUTSIDE ONES RACE. its offensive, and disrespectful.

if you like black women power to you sweets, its no elses business but yours
    and you don't need to answer to anyone but yourself.

<3
    Ello Love

What you like is what you like. Don't pay attention to what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Well, I don't understand your position either. Are you saying that racially-pure people are more deserving of love than mixed-race people?
    Of course not.
    I've just noticed that alot of white men who are not really in to black girls, for some reason feel more comfortable if they got with a black girl who was not 'fully' black. Like they'll find a bi-racial girl more stunning than a girl who wasn't. I also feel like they sometimes purposely pick em that way! Is it like, a safety issue?

I also feel like, if you're going to go with someone is not the same race as you, don't specially pick them out, because you don't want to go too deep in to that ethnicity. Just fall in love with who you fall in love with.

Of course not.
    I've just noticed that alot of white men who are not really in to black girls, for some reason feel more comfortable if they got with a black girl who was not 'fully' black. Like they'll find a bi-racial girl more stunning than a girl who wasn't. I also feel like they sometimes purposely pick em that way! Is it like, a safety issue?

I also feel like, if you're going to go with someone is not the same race as you, don't specially pick them out, because you don't want to go too deep in to that ethnicity. Just fall in love with who you fall in love with.
    More than ten years ago, I did go through a phase where I was specifically attracted to asian women. Before that, it was blondes, then redheads. I gave up on having a type ten years ago, and finally focused on the important parts, personality and values. And, um, pretty face and nice body. What can I say, I'm still a man. Anyway, I didn't pick my girlfriend because she was a light-skinned black woman, I fell for her because of her big eyes, cute freckles and charming personality. I wasn't sure if I liked her bronze skin color at first, because she looked like she might be heavily using the tanning booth. But when I found out that was her natural skin color, I was relieved.

no, not racist. How is that racist?? You like black women; good for you! Go for it.

I actually understand what you're going through Brandon. I am half-white and half-black. But I have only been sexually attracted to white or hispanic men. I don't think that makes me racist.. I just am drawn to them more...

It's your preference, Nothing wrong with it, not racist either. Black women thank your for that
    Cause we do like white man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast