+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I ask her out?

Should I ask her out?

Theres a girl I've been friends with for 2 years. We get on really well. I really like her and want to go out with her, but she turned me down when I asked before. Now she says she thinks we can't be friends; we must either go out or totally avoid each other.

I don't want to ask someone out out of default when she might not be fully commited, but I can't bear the thought of losing her as a friend. What should I do?

Thanks

What an odd thing to tell someone, I can only imagine that she really really wants to date you or she wouldn't say that. Ask her out, see if it works, if it doesn't, you would have lost her anyway. Just don't bury your head in the sand, be aware if she doesn't seem into it, and react accordingly. But, like I said, without knowing very many details, it sure seems like that is something one would say to get someone to go out with you, one wouldn't even mention it otherwise. If someone didn't want to be friends, they would just end the friendship, not suggest going out as an ultimatum.

It sounds like she really doesn't know what she wants. Give it some time, then ask her out again.