+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fitness journey and photo-log

Fitness journey and photo-log

I'm keeping a photo-log of my physique from post-break up until whenever I decide to stop. Let's say one year for fun, or when I get my abs back.

This embarrassing photo collection is going to force me to keep up with it, at least until I get back into the habit and really start to enjoy it again.

I'm so sick of everyone calling me 'fat' just because of how I used to look. I stopped going to the gym after we got engaged and lost a lot of myself in the progress. (metaphorically and literally... my chest shrunk like 8 inches).

I used to be 190lbs with very little body fat. At the point of my break up I was 195lbs with most of that weight coming from fat. It's a long journey.

One picture every two weeks (once in a while one week, if there are drastic changes) along with whatever I decide to write.

I don't have a picture from the day of break-up but I did weigh myself that day:
    Day 1: 5'11 195lbs --> Stopped smoking
    Day9: 5'11 184lbs --> (have not smoked since) (11lbs fat loss)

Day 16: 180lbs --> I saw big changes after my recovery period, had to post
    Last edited by Cosmo; 04-06-10 at 05:36 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought you were a girl!

COSMO... haha good to know

LOL, I didn't even think of that when making the name. I actually stole it from my buddy, it was his nickname growing up.... I was thinking more along the lines of the cosmos (space). I didn't want to use one of my nicknames, or come up with one on my own because I figured she'd recognize it. I'm notoriously conservative when it comes to picking names for things and not creative at all.

lol I always thought we called him cosmo because he was kind of a space cadet... but maybe it's because he's always been a little metro...

Now I'm embarrassed by my name lol.

oh my goodness. That's how I feel... I also started working out. A photo log is a good idea.... I had my boyfriend take a picture of me a couple weeks ago(maybe a month)... Because I got on the scale and I weighed 140lbs... Which isn't that bad, but, like you, I used to be a lot smaller in high school(about 115/120), so people started telling me I am gaining weight and it just pissed me off... I started working out and I now weigh 129
    But I still slip up sometimes.... Del Taco's Taco Tuesday.. mmm lol
    Seriously though, I am going to the gym and a personal trainer did my body fat percentage and it is 26% so I would like to try to get it down to 20% by July.. .Not sure if that is realistic.. But it's a goal
    Good luckkk!!!

& BTW you're not bad looking at all anyway!

You stopped smoking! Awesome! Congratulations!
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks, I don't even have a craving. I've quit before by throwing the smokes out, but then I invariably get a huge craving when I actually do see someone smoking.

This time I left a pack of smokes on my desk, they're still sitting right in front of me. I can hang out with smoker friends and relax...

Did max benchpress today and I'm only 35lbs down from my old max, which isn't all that bad all things considered...

I don't have a photo because my life is a hurricane right now, barely time to even post this, but:

It's been 30 days and I currently weigh 176lbs and have been putting on muscle mass, so fat loss is probably even higher.

Getting back into kickboxing next week .
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes, i also thought you were a chick..hahahaha. this is probably the reason why this has so many viewers with the least amount of replies.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...