+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hard Decisions and Life

Hard Decisions and Life

So, I am moving to another city--mentioned that before here. A good job. The housing situation has been disappointing, but things may look up eventually.

The hardest part is moving and knowing that while my family will eventually follow me to my new town, that it might be their last move with me. They are old. They are doing well, but life does have a cycle, of course.

As I contemplate the move, instead of being happy about my good fortune, I get very low. I find myself looking at old sitcoms from my childhood (thank goodness from You Tube). I find myself reading the obituaries of my parents' friends from my youth...the old days are gone, indeed. I find myself unable to sleep. I find that what should be a happy moment in my life is actually bittersweet. I almost wish that I was as old as my family members. Everyone thinks that I have great years of accomplishment ahead, but will that mean anything if my family is no longer with me, as one day they won't be.

I have no wife and likely will never have one. I have no children and likely never have any. So, I am the end of the line. I've mentioned that before here, too. It weighs on my mind during these big moments in life.

I sometimes almost think that I should give up on the next rung in the ladder of success--that somehow if I stopped, time would stop and nothing would change. I know that is not possible, of course. It is an emotional thing, I realize.

And, when I am alone...will I continue to thrive or will I wilt and fade? Was my accomplishment a result of my family being part of my life...without them, will I be nothing?

A late night think piece. Thanks for listening.

The continuance of life through children certainly helps, CAM.

You have no idea what will happen in the next 40 years of your life, though. It looks like you probably won't get married and have kids, but you still could. It looks like people who have no wife or kids die alone and lonely, but that's not necessarily true. You could become part of an Intentional Family at some point in your life. You could meet the love of your life when you're 46 and fall head over heels.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This would be a good example of a thread for the other place. I won't post what I think here.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I won't post what I think here.
    Why not? Does it involve voodoo sacrifice?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No. I like Cam and I suspect this is just a vent so I'll hold my 0.02.

Why don't you knock up a few of those work girls that offered to have sex with you?

It was depressed vent. Yes.