+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

Sometimes You Just Gotta Laugh

So I haven't been here in probably 5 or 6 months. Things have been going well. Broke up with the ex back in December, and it was pretty rough for about a month or so. We had been going out for close to a year and a half, so I knew it wasn't going to be easy. Finally ended up cutting off contact in late January, and didn't really speak at all after that. And over the last 4-5 months, I realized that she really wasn't quite what I wanted, I had gone out with a few other girls, and things were going pretty well. Obviously I still think about her, and I always will, and I hope I always do because she was an important part of my life. But it was more remembering things than wishing things could be different. I like things exactly how they are right now.

In any case, I saw a piece of news the other day that I just thought would interest her. Sent it her way, she threw a couple pretty cold exchanges back towards me, and I left it at that since I didn't want to get into anything. Next thing I know I've been defriended on facebook and got some aggressive texts from her about how I need to stop stalking her. Sometimes you just gotta laugh. It makes it so easy to walk away knowing that someone isn't anything close to what you expected of them. Just thought I'd pass along the conclusion to my story. This is one girl who can come crawling back, but she won't get anywhere with it after how she acted. There are only three things that really bother me in the world: people who lie, people who waste my time, and people who are intentionally disrespectful. So thank you for making it very clear that you aren't someone I want to spend any more of my time with.

What was the piece of news? You got me interested now.

It was just an article that gave the date of when one of her favorite shows was coming out on DVD for this season. Apparently she doesn't like it very much anymore.

Obviously she reacted the way she did and because she doesn't want to hear from you. The defriending on FB, is a blatent 'leave me alone'.

Like you said though, makes it all the more easier to move on and stay gone and when they give reactions like this.

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Had a similar sort of realisation myself. I was obsessed with a girl for a few months, looked at her as if she were an angel. Anyway, I finally got over her and now that the rose coloured glasses are removed, I laugh at myself for being so deluded - it's brilliant!

Obviously her reaction shows she still has some feeling for you, even if that feeling is hatred. To get a reaction like that just proves she still cares. But yeah, you should leave her alone if that's what she wants. Trying to do nice things for her could actually be a selfish move, because popping up back in their life when they aren't ready could just bring back more pain and hurt feelings. Just because you are ready doesn't mean she is.

I know you had the best intentions, and it does not matter how she interprets them. Just think about something the next time you do it, and honestly ask yourself why you are doing it.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Very extreme. If my ex forwarded me a dvd release date for one my favourite shows I would simply thank him for being thoughtful, I wouldn't think he was stalking me! Some people are just so ungrateful and wrapped up in themselves!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!